NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Default How big is your panorama?

Posted By: Max Weder

There are a number of great on-line sites of baseball panoramas (Library of Congress, for example).

What was the largest size baseball panorama typically printed? Was the length determined by the size of the camera or some other technical limit?

I don't have a good shot of my 1923 SF-Vernon opening day panorama, but it measures 56" in length.

Others?

Max

Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I have a panorama from the 1924 Giants-Senators WS that is about 46" long; and perhaps my favorite piece, measuring only about 25"( 30" including the mount)is a panorama of the 1867 Nationals of Albany. In the 1860's there was no technology for wide angle shots, so the photographer had to take three separate photos and put them together to create the width.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

Max, I have two of the larger panoramas. One measures 37" and the other 27".
I have a couple of smaller ones, 12" and 10", as well but not sure if they count as panoramas or not. I've seen several military ones and they seem to be all different sizes. I've seen very few the size of your Vernon one. That must be extremely rare.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I have three panoramas. A 1929 Athletics which is 31", a 1912 Kansas City High School team that is 21", and a Paul Waner 3000th hit dinner which is 22" long. I would love to get my hands on real versions of some of the panoramas that were in the last Hunt telephone/internet auction.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan O'Connor

Hi-
I just measured my 1920 Opening Day panorama of the Sacramento Senators at home with the visiting Seattle Rainiers and it is 48 inches by 8 inches. I'll take a photo and post later.
Alan