NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-03-2011, 02:40 AM

Default I agree that Patrick's trophy is fabulous! Here are some others that stood out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
I really didn't add that much too the collection this year but if I had to choose a couple it would be these two. I've really wanted a 19th century silver trophy baseball for a while and picked up this 1875 model. Next is a Royals jersey I've wanted for a while. Followed them in the 70's and 80's and was finally able to land a powder blue jersey. It's a 1976 gamer of Hal McRae.
Nice pick-up Clint. Just a terrific jersey from half of the best 1-2 punch in the American League at that time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkm90 View Post
This was difficult, but fun
I'm counting this first pick up as one piece since they are a set

And Mike. You and Mark (PEREZFAN) have raised the figural bar so high, I look at what you guys post and I think... "cool, nice pick-ups" but now that I've revisited them, it really hits me how beautiful & special these pieces are. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
The nice thing about having only won a few items in the past 12 months is that you can count them all as your favorites!

Type 1s or Type IXs, still love'em all.

Mathewson Testimonial Program
Ruth Batting, 1921
Ruth Batting, 1928? (Fenway?) - technically won in 12/2009
Mathewson by Thompson in 1912 World Series
My man Jacksons has one of the finest photo collections I know of, but he's a bit shy in showing them. His Matty images are really incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Group of 1950s Lincoln Chiefs game used bats

1956 Shot of Dick Stuart in the midst of his 66 homer year

1901 Large size cabinet of the Nebraska Indians
Dan's passion for his Nebraska relics may well be the most focused and impressive niche collection I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I have been expanding my Americana collection this year and these are the best I got this year.
Land grant signed by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
Handwritten quote and signature from Mark Twain
Cabinet card of Mark Twain
Original photograph of Mark Twain
And Richard's Americana collection is something that I could look at all day long. Thanks for sharing Rich.

Thanks to all who posted there favorite pick-ups of 2010 and my wish for the New Year is that I hope we're all here doing the same thing one year from now!

All my best, Jimmy
Old 01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post

In addition to my previously-posted window card from THE BLACK CAT, the unexpected November discovery of a complete mint set of lobby cards (in the original distribution envelope) for the 1936 FLASH GORDON serial made for a happy holiday:

OK, gotta have the story on that piece!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Rick P

Default FLASH GORDON lobby card set

It's the damndest thing, but I'm sure others will have similar stories. I was late getting to the standard run-of-the-mill montly antique show here right before Thanksgiving. In over 25 years, I've only seen good movie paper on about four occasions. After roaming the buildings for about four hours and with only three aisles to go, I was stunned to see the envelope inside a display case. Honestly, I didn't expect any cards to be inside...after all, FLASH GORDON serial paper is among the rarest of the rare. But there they were, in perfect unused condition. They weren't cheap, but at less than a third of their true value I still can't believe no one else beat me to them!
Old 12-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default 2017

Here are Two that come to mind for me.

1) 1927 Charles Conlon EYES Babe Ruth
2 Rookie PAUL Thompson -Babe Ruth

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 12-30-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

My third in 2017. 1924 Gebrig Thanks Jimmy!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 12-30-2017, 07:27 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Managed to snag this Catfish Hunter Perfect Game stub on here from Paul G. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hunterpg.jpg (76.1 KB, 99 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears