NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-28-2019, 06:05 AM

Default PAYPAL: Please confirm your info

Got an email saying I need to confirm my info to "keep a Paypal balance".

Looked fishy, so I went to the site and sure enough, it seems to keep a paypal balance you need to enter your name, address, social security number etc.

Either keep a balance and give them your info or transfer back and forth to the bank account.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-28-2019, 07:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I uploaded my Drivers license and that wasn't enough for them, so I said F them. I will just not keep any money there. I usually keep very little anyway. We will see how this plays out. They keep asking and I keep ignoring.
This was moved from the water cooler section (thanks for starting it there) so more responses can be had.

Last edited by Leon; 02-28-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:49 AM
D@le Irv*n

A big thread on it here. I didn't read nor have I received such an email but if I had any questions, I'd be calling them directly, not going by an email which could be spam?
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...t/td-p/1623458
Old 02-28-2019, 08:05 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvor View Post
Got an email saying I need to confirm my info to "keep a Paypal balance".

Looked fishy, so I went to the site and sure enough, it seems to keep a paypal balance you need to enter your name, address, social security number etc.

Either keep a balance and give them your info or transfer back and forth to the bank account.

What do you guys think?
Spam, look at the URL address
Old 02-28-2019, 08:09 AM
Dave Fa*st

Surely SPAM, no way I'd give paypal my SS number.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Not spam, but I didn't think SSN was one of the things they requested.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
Surely SPAM, no way I'd give paypal my SS number.
Go to the paypal site not using the link. Same info is asked there. And as Irv has said, its being talked about on the Paypal forum.

Point is, buying and selling on places like Net54, it's nice to keep a balance.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:45 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Don't ever respond to emails like that whether from Paypal or your bank...

Go to their websites yourself log in and if they need info there will be a message for you...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:37 AM
Dave

I get a 1099 from them every year, so I assume they already have my SS#.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Ben North

I keep very little $ in PayPal and very little $ in the account linked to it. I have had my PayPal and the account hooked to it hacked before and they took around $3000. I was lucky and got the $ back.

Now on the rare times I use PayPal I transfer the $ I need into the account right before I send it.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:47 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I got the e-mail, which I ignored and then get an alert every time I log into Paypal. I have not updated anything as of yet. I'm not sure why it matters after all these years.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:46 AM
John

My recent experience (a couple months ago I think) was they suddenly wouldn't let me use my balance to purchase something on eBay. I called and the first person said "the transaction was flagged" which didn't make sense, but the second person said it was a new policy that required me to link a checking account, which I refused to do (Checking accounts don't have the same protections that CCs do if someone withdraws your money). The 3rd person I spoke to was very nice and helped me request a check to get my money out. Inconvenient and there was a charge of a few dollars, but at least I got my money.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 02-28-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Jerry Tate

Default same message

I got the same email/message and it doesn't appear to be spam....I am like Leon...tried to update it and they wouldn't let me so the heck with them...looks like most people are taking credit cards on ebay now so I will go that route...don't understand the need for a balance when I have credit card on file...Jerry
Old 02-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i got the same...went thru the paypal site to be safe (and secured/protected browser page). You do need to confirm name & address which is already in the info and the last 4 digits of SS#, the rest is XXX-XX- ????
Nothing i saw wrong with it.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 02-28-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yeap....just seemed kind of whacky to me. I never thought it was spam as I logged in and got the stupid message too. Like I say, if it were just the license I could handle that but then they asked about other documents, so they got the cold shoulder. It is obvious Ebay and Paypal are/have parted ways. Ebay will have their own way to pay to try to make money there too. Maybe it will be Ebaypay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrinus View Post
I got the same email/message and it doesn't appear to be spam....I am like Leon...tried to update it and they wouldn't let me so the heck with them...looks like most people are taking credit cards on ebay now so I will go that route...don't understand the need for a balance when I have credit card on file...Jerry
Old 03-01-2019, 08:37 AM
octavio ranzola

leon is right on the money
Old 03-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Bob M

As a buyer on Ebay, I really like Paypal services. A few months ago Paypal offered their own credit card [Mastercard} with a 2% rebate on all purchases. The Paypal credit card is now my default payment solution on Ebay. Whenever Ebay offers their 10% bucks for purchases, I am able to purchase with the Paypal credit card and instantly receive an additional 2% rebate along with the 10% Ebay bucks. Pretty dang sweet.

Last edited by Bobmc; 03-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.