NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Wesley

Check your email. I might have some bad news for you. Wesley

Old 01-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I remember there was a post on this board at one time about people actually being able to stop payment or cancel Postal Money Orders for a long time after they were purchased - anyone know the details on that? The only thing I can find at the USPS website is to fill out a form for $3 at the Post Office if your money order was stolen and you could get replacements. Should I just do this? Anyone know? Can't believe this has happened to me!!!!

The person who is doing this scam and I sent over $1k in money orders to is below - anyone know anything about this person??????

Armando Dimande
79-39 214th ST
Bayside, NY 11364

I did send the money orders Certified Mail and they were received at this address today - hopefully it is not too late to do something and get my money back!

Old 01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Robert A

Scott.
If you havn't already, try this site for help. It's the u.s. postal inspection service and they handle mail fraud. Good luck.
robert a.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/welcome2.htm

Old 01-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: BCD

if it is NON postal
call this number and follow the menu***

1-800-999-9660

it is the instructions via the probable address on the money order's origin.
I have used it ten times or so.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Mark

Scott, does this have to do with your "second chance" Wagner? I figured you knew what you were doing when I read that, but there is a scam going around with second chance offers. I won an n162 Sullivan last week and an underbidder wrote me, asking if I had backed out, because he had been approached by someone purporting to be the seller - that scammers address was in Seattle.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Bill Cornell

If you get a 2nd chance offer, forward it to spoof@ebay.com. You'll get an automated response telling you if it's legit or not. If it doesn't come from eBay, it's bad.

Good luck, Scott.

Bill

Old 01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Scott Elkins

Just finished filling out reports with the USPS, eBay, FBI, IFCC and this guy's local authorities online and over the phone. I did not know about the fake "second chance" offers going on! I have since added "account guard" to my eBay account to protect from these fake websites that look real (I would advise everyone on this board to do the same - if you are like I was, I am usually busy searching for cards when I am online and this time was really caught off guard).

The updated news so far, is that I e-mailed this person a copy of the e-mail from jacsports stating he did not offer me this card and told this individual everything I did and reported. I then received an e-mail back from this scammer stating he will be sending the money orders back. I don't know if he will or not - until then, they are reported as "stolen" with the USPS. If I get my money orders back, I will let you all know. Thanks again for the kind words!!!!!!

From now on, I will only buy cards from people I know and trust!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Robert

Where do I find "account guard" on the ebay site?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Bill Cornell

http://pages.ebay.com/help/find/toolbar.html

This is the eBay toolbar. "Account guard" means that if a non-eBay site asks you for any eBay personal info, it goes off with alerts. Has a bunch of other eBay tie-ins (search, watch, etc.).

Old 01-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Robert

thankyou sir

Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: tbob

because I think everyone should read through this. Like the nightmare I had with GAI and UPS on my submitted cards, there are lessons to be learned by reading about the misfortunes of others. Scott is a helluva nice guy and certainly doesn't deserve this to have happened to him. If it could happen to a knowledgeable collector like Scott, it could happen to any of us.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: another Scott

I received my first 2nd chance offer a week ago, and I took it without really looking closely at the link - it was good, and I received the item soon after, but one of the under-bidders emailed me and said that they had received an email from the seller asking how much they would be willing to pay for the item. Also, the winning bidder was a "0"-feedbacker.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default Scott E

Posted By: Mark

Scott, the underbidder who emailed me about receiving a second chance offer, was also asking about a jacsports auction item. This fake seller was purportedly from Seattle, but could be it's the same scammer since he's targeting jacsports customers. I can put you in touch with the person who received the second chance offer if you would like to compare notes. (Or you could just email other jacsports underbidders). Email me if you like.
Mark