NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Default Need Advice

Posted By: Anson

I bought an ungraded tobacco card of a HOFer from a dealer with 99.8% feedback and nearly 3000 positives. His auction states that he STANDS BEHIND EVERYTHING HE SELLS 100%! However, I sent the card in to PSA for grading 3 weeks later and it came back as being trimmed. Although it seemed to measure or come close, the corners were the suspicious part. I usually can catch trimmed stuff pretty easily.

I contacted the seller and asked to have him refund my money. He got nasty with me and asked me why I waited a month to contact him back. He claims that the card was on consignment and he's already paid the seller.

So, I'm left with a trimmed card and out my money. I feel that he should be knowledgeable of anything he sells if he's going to "stand behind everything he sells." If there happens to be a problem, he needs to back it up. One month is not a long time considering that it needed to be sent to the graders, graded, and sent back. Am I off base here?

Old 06-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Default Need Advice

Posted By: ted

File a complaint with paypal and ebay.... if not squaretrade might be able to help. I don't think you're off base, but in the sellers defense (as i too am a consignor) he is in somewhat of a bind. Also, it really depends on what the terms and conditions of his auction say.... also, you need to consider how much your time is worht..if we're talking a $20-50 card here...i'd just file with paypal and call it a day and hope you get your money back. You can leave the guy negative feedback if you see fit, but be prepared to recieve some in return. If it is more than that you might want to take more substantial action. But if all your out at the end of the day is $20-$50, i'd chalk it up to learning experience. Personally i think the guy sounds like a snake and would never treat my clients (people providing me the goods) or customers (those buying the goods) like that.

Regards.

Ted

Old 06-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Default Need Advice

Posted By: Anson

Positive feedback has already been left on both ends. There were no terms stated about timelines on refunds. But explict detail made to COMPLETE SATISFACTION. I believe you shouldn't consign cards and make that statement unless you're prepared to back it up. If he feels that it isn't trimmed, he should have no problem taking it back

Card >$50

Old 06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Default Need Advice

Posted By: ted

Yeah... well like i said, i agree with your anger and mistreatment like this is ridiculous, start going through paypal and ebay and see what happens..... if you aren't satisfied there are other options.

BlackSoxFan

Old 06-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default Need Advice

Posted By: davidcycleback

I am not commenting on this case and do beleive in lengthy periods for items to be returned in the are fake, but it can be a catch-22 for auctioneers. Auction house customers both want to be paid as soon as possible (consigners) and be able to wait for lengthy times to return an item (winning bidders). This explains why auction houses set specific time periods for returns-- because their consignors are customers too.

I would refund the money if I was the seller. But I also understand why someone like Lipset sets a specific return duration and sticks to it.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Default Need Advice

Posted By: Judge Dred

One month isn't a lot of time when you consider the time required to have a card encapsulated (unless you spend a lot of money for a quick turn-around). I would figure that the seller might cut you some slack here. If there wasn't a set time period for the return then one month seems like a reasonable period although it is a long time.

CUSTOMER SERVICE - It's a tough business sometimes, but sellers that go the extra mile will get the repeat business. Even if it means taking it in the shorts once in a while.