NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Default Thinking of conducting a few Comic Auctions.

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...and I thought I had better clear them first with the Board Members. How can I go about securing everyone's written permission to run these items, or can I expect more unwarranted criminal mischief? Let me know so that I can save myself the trouble and expense of submitting these books for auction.

Old 08-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Dr. Koos, if you start representing accurately the items you offer on eBay, I'm sure you will encounter no problems.

Old 08-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Administrator

...so what you're saying is that if you feel that the comics, graded or not, are misrepresented, you won't hesitate to interfere?

Old 08-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Criminy. I think you have to READ and then RE-READ what people post here, because you never seem to get it right, Koos.

Quit lying and changing peoples' words.

David said, exactly this: "if you start representing accurately the items you offer on eBay, I'm sure you will encounter no problems."

That was all he said. Geez! I cannot believe your unending need to twist peoples' words and add crap to what people say to try and sound persecuted and victimized. David said nothing about interfering with your auction, he simply said START REPRESENTING YOUR ITEMS ACCURATELY AND YOU'LL PROBABLY ENCOUNTER NO PROBLEMS.

Like I said a long while back, it seems like an easy fix to your troubles.

Old 08-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Administrator

...contains the "veiled threat", that as long as HE feels that I represent all of my items as HE deems accurate, I should encounter no problems? Who is the final authority here on choosing which auctions will be tampered with and which ones won't? THAT'S the person who's permission I need to auction an Ebay item. THAT is the person(s) that are NOW dictating Ebay listing policies that I must clear my reserves, descriptions, items, and scans with.

Old 08-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

you were doing so good dan,just ignore him and he will go away,if you dont say anything then theres nothing to talk about and if he wants to have a whole thread to himself let him. Somebody cant be that serious where they take everything so literal so obviously he is just having fun at your expense,and that goes for everyone who actually writes back. If youre having fun doing this tho dan then keep going,if not let it go

Old 08-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Old 08-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

and you probably don't really care what I have to say, but we don't have the knowledge that any of your comics have been tainted like everyone on the board knew the 1952 Mantle had been trimmed (as represented in the Mastronet auction). It was not described that way by you, so I think that is the BULK of why people were giving you ---- (your spelling from previous post above). People don't overall have a problem with you or anyone else but if you knowingly omit information that is integral to an item, it is not well received............

Old 08-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

whole thread could disappear at any time, so make a copy if you care.

Old 08-10-2002, 05:44 AM
Administrator

....the bidding and retractions start in about 3 days on my Daredevil 16 CGC graded VF COMIC for no other reason other than it being MY auction. One of the retractor's (who has NEVER bid on a comic auction) SHILL accounts is already present on the comic!