NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Mike Schulze

Default OT: Negative Ebay Feedback Remedies???

I've been on Ebay for several years, primarily as a buyer, and have never had one negative feedback hit..... until today. Long story short, I sold a guy a putter, my posting stated that there was scuffing and damage to the head, the guy received the item, and immediately left me negative feedback for damage to the head! I would be more than happy to refund the guy and just let him him keep the damn putter but he won't answer my email. I checked Ebay's website and can't find an answer on how to dispute negative feedback as a seller. I know a lot of you do business on Ebay and was wondering if I have any options or am I just helpless? This guy with a positive feedback of (9) knocked me down to 98% positive instead of 100%. Also, once feedback is left, can it be changed by the buyer? Thanks, Mike
Old 08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Jeff

I believe that if you could get in contact with the buyer and resolve the issue that he could agree to remove the feedback. That is the way that it used to work. Ebay is now so skewed towards the buyer I am not sure any more. I would call the Cust. Service line but be prepared to wait.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 PM

I got my first negative feedback last week. Don't even know why I got it. The person was unhappy, but didn't give an explanation. The only thing you can do is contact the buyer and work with him to reverse the feedback. I tried and he didn't even bother responding to a full refund. You won't get anywhere with customer service as their policy is pretty much set in stone and won't reverse it for you, unless there is slander or a list of other things which didn't pertain to my case, or yours. This is happening more and more as you can't leave him negative feedback for being a bad buyer.

DanC
Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Mike Schulze

Thanks for the posts and suggestions.

DanC: I was wondering about Ebay's Customer Service Dept.... thanks for validating... I won't even bother messing with them! Does anyone know why the seller can't leave negative feedback for a buyer? I had a no-payer a few weeks ago and could not leave negative feedback. It seems Ebay would want other sellers to be warned about buyers like these.

Furthermore, I've bought items in the past and several sellers will not leave feedback for the buyer until the buyer leaves positive feedback first. As a seller, I always leave positive feedback as soon as I receive payment.... maybe I should change my approach??
Old 08-18-2010, 05:31 AM
martin

After receiving a totally unwarrented negative feedback and the corresponding waste of time trying to get it removed, I decided to ignore my feedback altogether. I still ship on time, provide great scans, package the cards well, and charge what I consider fair shipping and handling, I just don't give a ...... about what Ebay says about it. I feel much better about the process now that I relieved myself of the mental anguish of worrying about feedback.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Frank Wakefield

As for why a seller can't leave negative feedback on a buyer...

There's no need. If he didn't pay then turn him in as a non-payer, and eBay will undo those seller fees. If he did pay then he's done all he's supposed to do.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Default Ebay

i used to be a power seller on ebay but with all the changes they have made regarding feedback, their requirement to use paypal, and the ever increasing fees I decided that there is life outside of fee-bay. There are plenty of other resources to sell out there although ebay has a good following they are obviously buyer skewed as well are more geared towards taking care of their shareholders. Try Rubylane, Etsy or so many more sites out there. BTW, ebay is trying to buy out Craigslist and currently is a 20%+ shareholder so the days of CL may be numbered. good luck.