NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Default RMY Auctions September Collectors Auction ENDS TONIGHT

RMY Auctions September Collectors Auction End TONIGHT October 1st. There is still time to register and bid before it goes into extended bidding at 8:00pm EST. The Auction closes at midnight no matter what!

www.RMYAuctions.com

There are some quality images of Ruth and Gehrig as well as Mantle Maris and a ton of non-sports!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I'm jinxed. Just can't do it right. Woke up at 1 am to double down on some bids and it was closed already. Just don't understand the business model that leaves money on the table while willing customers are sleeping. Three photos I would have paid significantly more for. Not criticizing RMY, they all do it.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

The first photo in their auction was Ruth Gehrig Cobb Speaker. Iconic shot. Sold for significant less than a much weaker version sold in Goldin a few weeks ago. Someone got a nice deal. I would have gone much higher but was exhausted from work and fell asleep.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I'm jinxed. Just can't do it right. Woke up at 1 am to double down on some bids and it was closed already. Just don't understand the business model that leaves money on the table while willing customers are sleeping. Three photos I would have paid significantly more for. Not criticizing RMY, they all do it.
In their case, though, you know exactly when they will end. They close at 12pm EST. They aren't like the other houses when you have no idea. Sometimes I just leave max bids before going to sleep (Because those that wait until the last second may not have enough time to put in more than a couple of bids). Or like last night I stay up until close.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
The first photo in their auction was Ruth Gehrig Cobb Speaker. Iconic shot. Sold for significant less than a much weaker version sold in Goldin a few weeks ago. Someone got a nice deal. I would have gone much higher but was exhausted from work and fell asleep.
Crazy to think i couldve bought that photo for 1k a little over a year ago...smh. prices for photos are definitely rising
Old 10-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I'm a broken down old man. Even midnight is well past my bedtime. What can I say.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

I love RMY's end time. Any auction house that ends at 3 a.m is just crazy to me. Who really wants to wake up that late to bid....unless youre drunk and out partying

Last edited by JoeyFarino; 10-02-2016 at 11:59 AM. Reason: More info
Old 10-02-2016, 01:53 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
I'm a broken down old man. Even midnight is well past my bedtime. What can I say.
Understand. That is why I say I sometimes put in a max bid. For me it is 11 central so if I am still awake at 10:30 I just force the extra half hour.