NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Tr0y Thibod3au

Default Saco River Auction October 15 2018 Open For Bidding

Hello All,

It's been a whirlwind two months for myself and Saco River Auction. As many of you know, I completed the purchase of Saco River Auction on October 1st 2018. I have streamlined the company and will be focused on high end collectibles and specifically sports in the future. We have closed down the physical auction space and have opted to be a more mobile auction company and will be renting space for live auctions. We have moved from Biddeford and are now located in Scarborough Maine. We have a small office for meeting clients and ample secure storage for merchandise. We will continue to sell the same great vintage cards as before, continue to provide shipping for online purchases, and continue to offer online bidding through Invaluable/Auctionzip and Saco River Auction Live. We no longer offer the Ebay service as there are way too many non paying bidders on that site. As with any new venture, there will be challenges, but I have been running Saco River for 10 years and plan on improving all aspects of the customers experience to include updating any technology as it evolves. We will stay with the times and constantly improve our customer relations. We are always taking consignments for all future sales and I can always be reached on my cell phone 207-650-5677. Our first Sports Memorabilia sale is now posted and open for bidding. The sale is next Monday October 15 2018@4PM at the Biddeford Eagles Club 57 Birch Street. Please see the links below.

Thank you all for your continued support and here's to new exciting ventures

Troy Thibodeau

Bid Online Via SRA Live

http://auctions.sacoriverauction.net...x?auctionid=19

Bid Online Via Invaluable

https://www.invaluable.com/catalog/efiv8ya1g8
Old 10-08-2018, 02:02 PM
pete ullman

good luck...is your default estimate $100-200 on all lots? Same estimate for a t205 cobb as a grade 2.5 t206 common?

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-08-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Tr0y Thibod3au

Thanks. As many already know, buyers don't really care about about auction houses pre-sale estimates, but in order to upload we must have a default. It's been my experience that knowledgeable buyers and collectors only care about what they are willing to pay at that time for a specific item, not what some auction hall expert expects to get for an item. I had a pre-sale estimate on a card that was 10-20 grand and it brought $92,000. I've also had a pre-sale estimate on a card of 2000-3000 and it brought $500. In my experience pre-sale estimates are more for the consignor rather than the buyer, but we will look at it more in depth as we get going. Thanks again
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 AM
Don Hontz

Nice auction Troy---See you Monday.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:49 AM
Christina Vader - banned

For those who don't know Saco is an honest operation!!

Thanks to this forum for allowing troy to Plug/Link his auctionhouse
most forums frown on shameless plugs!

Honest Dealer, Troy is.

----YODA
Old 10-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Saco River is an advertiser and that is why they get to plug their auction on the front page. And yes, by all accounts Troy and team at Saco River Auctions seem to be a very good AH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVader View Post
For those who don't know Saco is an honest operation!!

Thanks to this forum for allowing troy to Plug/Link his auctionhouse
most forums frown on shameless plugs!

Honest Dealer, Troy is.

----YODA

Last edited by Leon; 10-12-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:20 AM

Default Saco

Great auction Troy. Email coming for more scans of three items.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:43 AM
Christina Vader - banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Great auction Troy. Email coming for more scans of three items.
BigFish speaks.