NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Scott Russell

Default Jim Thorpe Show Auction Catalog IMAGES ONLINE!

So we have finally completed our auction catalog, and hopefully there's a little something for everybody. Remember The 10% buyer's commissions go to the Jim Thorpe Area Sports Hall of Fame who are the caretakers of Thorpe's Memorial Park and Mausoleum. They are in the process of getting the third Life-Sized bronze statue of Thorpe made for display at the park.

Also we are still actively seeking dealers! A dealer who is currently signed up told me I should point out that the venue is a family resort with an indoor water park. So even though the show is only one day you can turn it into a little get-away weekend AND receive the discounted room rate from the show!

Anyway here's the address, hopefully we'll get the images up next week, but at least the list is done!

http://www.jimthorpesportscardshow.com/auction.htm

Feel free to message me with any questions and don't forget the 10% discount for N54 members!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 10-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Glenn

Default Jim Thorpe Show

I have to say how IMPRESSED I am with Scott and his energy and marketing of this show! This is the reason I signed up as a dealer at this show.

I am really CONFIDENT that this inaugural show will be a real success! Yes, the location is great, and in fact once my wife realized where the show was located, she immediately started to make plans to piggyback a getaway weekend for us & our daughter!

I implore all dealers out there and in this area to REALLY consider ASAP signing up to do this show. The way I look at it, even if the family resort location does not appeal to you:

a) The cost at $100 is reasonable enough;
b) The upside potential for success is really strong, given Scott's continuing energy and marketing efforts; and
c) I love the auction piggyback, and for the benefit of a great cause at that!

Glenn Mechanick
Old 09-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Robert J. Miller

I agree with everything Glenn said. That is why I signed up quite some time ago. I would like to add that the fee of $100.00 includes 2 tables and not the standard 1 8 foot table. That is a lot of space for display.

Scott, If I make it to the Philly show, I will stop by to introduce myself.

Robert

Last edited by philliesfan; 09-21-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Scott Russell

Thanks guys. I am booth 413, fairly close to the front. Also the $100 fee ($90 for N54 members!) is for a 10' x 10' booth. We provide two tables, you can bring whatever tables and/or displays of your own you can fit in the 10' x 10' space.

All you guys out there who may be sitting on the fence; please realize I am a dealer first. I got tired of so many things going on at shows that I didn't like, not the least of which is just plain old unresponsiveness from promoters. I created this show not to get rich, my partner and I will count it a success if we "only" lose $2000, but to do a show the "right" way.

I know a gamble on a new show is exactly that, but I think the coolest thing we've done is offer to grandfather the rate for any dealer who does the first show and continues to do the show without missing any. If this show does become successful their rates will never go up. It's my way of thanking them for taking this first leap of faith.

We are in every calendar I could find, we've done one paid SCD ad so far with more to follow. We have an active facebook page with contests and updates. If there's anything I should be doing that I'm not, let me know! I have been talking with dealers at every show I go to. Putting out flyers, having others put out flyers for me at shows I can't attend, cold calling dealers up and down the east coast and basically living to get this show off the ground. If it's in my powers to do it, I will. Just let me know what "it" is!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Glenn

Default Jim Thorpe Show & Auction

Kudos to Scott! This is exactly what I was talking about....lots of energy & effort by Scott have convinced me this show will be a great success!

....A Roll call to available dealers! I have no doubt the customers will be there!

Glenn Mechanick
Old 09-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Jeff P

I wish I could be at this show, guys! Have wanted to make a trek to Jim Thorpe, PA for a long time. Unfortunately I'm tied up but hope it goes really well.

Good luck!

jeff
Old 09-22-2016, 10:15 PM
Val Kehl

Scott, I suggest you put the list of attending dealers on the Show's web site. FYI, the promoter of the biggest show in my area, the Chantilly Show, does this, and I always refer to it prior to each show.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Scott Russell

It is there if you click the link to see the dealer map, and every dealer who has provided one has a link back to their web page. I did it this way because one of the big complaints at Chantilly was no dealer map so it was very hard to find a specific dealer. My show is nowhere near that large obviously but it was something I thought I could improve on. Don't get me wrong as a dealer I think Chantilly gets a lot more right than they do wrong, but this was one complaint that I and some other dealers had. Joe has vowed to correct it going forward, but like I said I'm trying to learn from what has gone before me!

Just go to dealer info, then click the map link. Or: http://www.jimthorpesportscardshow.com/map.htm of course you can see why I am trying so hard to get more dealers signed up when you look at it!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 09-22-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Val Kehl

Scott, thanks for the link to the dealer list. Hope you are able to fill most of your dealer spots.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Scott Russell

Talked to a lot of guys at Valley Forge today. If half of the dealers who say they are interested come through it will be a great show. Every show I've been to a bunch of guys say they love the idea and they'll probably be in. Getting them to sign on the dotted line seems to be the trick.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yes the key is persistence and continuity, imo. I enjoy our local shows and setting up at them is usually fun. Good luck with the shows, Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Talked to a lot of guys at Valley Forge today. If half of the dealers who say they are interested come through it will be a great show. Every show I've been to a bunch of guys say they love the idea and they'll probably be in. Getting them to sign on the dotted line seems to be the trick.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Robert J. Miller

Scott.....please check your pm
Thanks
Old 10-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Robert J. Miller

Scott - I am not sure whats going on with my pm's not being received and this is not the first time. Maybe I should check with Leon?

Anyway, please change my booth from # 5 to # 31 for the card show. I am looking forward to it.
Thanks,
Robert J. Miller
Old 10-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Consider it checked and there is no issue I am aware of in the system. It is user error, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
Scott - I am not sure whats going on with my pm's not being received and this is not the first time. Maybe I should check with Leon?

Anyway, please change my booth from # 5 to # 31 for the card show. I am looking forward to it.
Thanks,
Robert J. Miller
Old 10-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Scott Russell

So uploading the auction images tonight:

http://www.jimthorpesportscardshow.com.auction.htm

Please check them out here are some highlights!

Remember the Buyer's Premiums all go to support the Jim Thorpe Area Sports Hall of Famer who are the caretakers of the Jim Thorpe Memorial Park.

Also, about half our dealer booths are now sold. Still looking to fill the other half!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 10-06-2016 at 02:21 PM.