NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

I emailed the guy...kinda worried about this...although it looks real....

Here's his response:

Hello Ted,

I bought a large lot of cards from a card dealer outside of Brighton Michigan that died. They went up for auction through Nash auction house in Howell, Michigan.

As for a better picture one is attached, and as for the grading if you are the buyer and want to pay for it I will be happy to do this for you, but as for taking a chance that a card I bought as original and take the chance of getting a reprint back I just can not go through that again. Hope this all helps.

Nick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5227613848&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

The reprint part of it is kinda shady if you ask me...
alright out of here for a few hours see ya guys later.

BlackSoxFan

Old 08-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: MW

Too tough to say for certain without a better image but I'm inclined to say reprint/fake.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: dennis

imo,seller and card look legit. BUT that getting a reprint back in grading process screams scam. any seller should stand behind a high value card if proven counterfit. play it safe. bid, if you win it pay w/ credit card.send in to sgc and if it comes back fake dispute it on your charge bill. they (visa/master should cover you against fraud if seller doesn't)

Old 08-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

The seller's T206s are clearly reprints, and this single M101-5 stinks like crazy. I'd assume the strip cards and the Allen & Ginter's are bad too-- Avoid!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-cigarette-baseball-card-Geo-Pierce-Chicago-cubs_W0QQitemZ5227618032QQcategoryZ86839QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Old 08-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: Julie Vognar

is cearly a fake. I say stay away. It is NOT a good picture, either! (the 514Jax) If he thinks that's a good picture--my first scan was better than that one...

I simply CANNOT TELL from the pic whether it's real or not. here's my lesser-conditioned one:

Where there's smoke (other fake cards)...stay away.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: davidcycleback

I haven't done a study (and don't plan to), but I bet there's a strong correlation between the angle of the card and the psychedelicness of the background in an auction picture and card's authenticity.

In other words, if the angle of an eBay picture makes a card look like an Arizona highway dissapearing into the distant horizon, don't take that trip.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: Julie Vognar

What on earth does that word beginning with "psych..." mean?

Old 08-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts?

Posted By: Anson

Are those the ones with the Palisade backs?

It looks fishy