NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Default Immigration Reform!!!!

I am tired of seeing new member threads and then BS threads by them about past issues from another board. You PSA guys need to slow your roll or roll on out!! I am not learning anything about cards anymore with all this crap going on. We all know that PSA has issues but leave them there and start a new here. There I so much knowledge and info about the hobby as well as friends you will make for life here. We all don't get along all the time but we have a family type relationship here. Please leave your baggage at the door and have fun at the collecting and learning we all love here.

PS. To clear the air before someone post that I am a new member also. I have been here for a while now. A computer glitch snuffed my acct. I am a proud 54 member since 2009, opinionated and crazy at times, and obsessed with the 205's.

Member since 2009

Last edited by T205 GB; 01-27-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Mike C@.v3

Default Good 'ol Andy

I can vouch that Andrew is crazy...but I think it's the fact that he collects 205's and not 206's that makes him crazy!

And for all of the PSA board newbies...just know that this is the house that Leon built
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 01-28-2013, 12:18 AM

I've been a member so long, I can remember when it was net52.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Matt Hall

Andrew the knowledgeable T205 guy..... Never heard of him.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
just know that this is the house that Leon built
gotta love it.

God save the Queen ..... and Leon
Old 01-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Im new, only here since mid novenber but im not from any PSA board. ummm am also obsessed (spelled correct) with t205's. I guess im a bit touched in the head my self.

As for new members from another forum i have actually dealth with this before in another forum (different subject matter) and it worked out pretty well for everyone who played nice.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 AM

Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzu View Post
Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.
holy crap man .... you are definitely in the wrong spot. this forum is free .... that should have been a dead give-away right there.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Just to set the record straight there were two people that did this before me. Elliot Bassin actually started this board on a different s/w platform, in 2001, and then Bill Cornell handled it right after him, for about a yr or so. I think I have been at the reins for around 10-11 yrs.....And don't worry about the nature of the board changing. It won't. A few threads lately are off topic but the main board will remain pre-war, and mainly on topic. Guaranteed.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM

Just a reminder for the new guys - this area is for pre-war cards. Pre-war means before World War II in this case, not the Iraq War or even Vietnam. Discussions about cards from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s should be in the Postwar section. Discussions about cards from later than that should be kept tp yourself
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Just a reminder for the new guys - this area is for pre-war cards. Pre-war means before World War II in this case, not the Iraq War or even Vietnam. Discussions about cards from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s should be in the Postwar section. Discussions about cards from later than that should be kept tp yourself
+1
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
You do know the "80's and newer" section includes the really new stuff?

Steve B
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
pete ullman

I love the new influx of collectors to the board...it is good for the hobby...I just wish they'd explore the archives prior to posting basic questions about mundane topics that have been hashed over...and re-hashed over the years. As well as posting topics in their proper categories...and to reiterate...this is a vintage board...50's-70's is not vintage...let alone 90-s-present.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM

Amen to a family type relationship and friends for life. We agree, we fight, we have fun, it's a great place.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Geordie Calvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I love the new influx of collectors to the board...it is good for the hobby...I just wish they'd explore the archives prior to posting basic questions about mundane topics that have been hashed over...and re-hashed over the years. As well as posting topics in their proper categories...and to reiterate...this is a vintage board...50's-70's is not vintage...let alone 90-s-present.
Comments for the two bolded sections:

* for oft-discussed/rehashed topics, how about identifying several of the more descriptive threads and adding them to a stickied (and locked) thread at the top of the page. I don't know which ones they are, but I'm sure the vets here know what the definitive T206 thread is. Same for T205, Cracker Jacks, etc. That way the new guys could be directed to these stickied threads and the new thread could be deleted.

* 50s - 70s may not be considered vintage here, but a great many people identify them as such. My observation is that there are some that seem to hold their nose in the air when cards other than prewar are discussed. I could be wrong about that. JMO.

Last edited by TNP777; 01-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Andy Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Great points, Peter. Some guy just posted signed Brooklyn Dodgers photos on the main board. How hard is it? The "poor choice" meter has been moving higher lately for sure.

Best,

Andy
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
Comments for the two bolded sections:

* for oft-discussed/rehashed topics, how about identifying several of the more descriptive threads and adding them to a stickied (and locked) thread at the top of the page. I don't know which ones they are, but I'm sure the vets here know what the definitive T206 thread is. Same for T205, Cracker Jacks, etc. That way the new guys could be directed to these stickied threads and the new thread could be deleted.

* 50s - 70s may not be considered vintage here, but a great many people identify them as such. My observation is that there are some that seem to hold their nose in the air when cards other than prewar are discussed. I could be wrong about that. JMO.
1. Done. Look at the row of icons on the upper part of each page. The last icon has archives under it with some of the best, most informative, threads...already there and stickied. I don't believe in having permanent stickies on the main page as other forums do. I like that space to be for threads...

2. Not the way I see it but I could be wrong. I don't think members put their nose in the air concerning later vintage cards but a lot of (new) folks are posting in the wrong places on this forum. When members talk about anything NOT Pre-WWII baseball cards, there is a separate section of the board for it, and it's not this one, generally speaking. I too like the influx and I am quite sure some of those folks will find this isn't as fun of a place as where they came from. Sometimes when people are held accountable, and are identified, they don't seem quite so daring.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Geordie Calvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
1. Done. Look at the row of icons on the upper part of each page. The last icon has archives under it with some of the best, most informative, threads...already there and stickied. I don't believe in having permanent stickies on the main page as other forums do. I like that space to be for threads...

2. Not the way I see it but I could be wrong. I don't think members put their nose in the air concerning later vintage cards but a lot of (new) folks are posting in the wrong places on this forum. When members talk about anything NOT Pre-WWII baseball cards, there is a separate section of the board for it, and it's not this one, generally speaking. I too like the influx and I am quite sure some of those folks will find this isn't as fun of a place as where they came from. Sometimes when people are held accountable, and are identified, they don't seem quite so daring.
1. aha - Thanks for pointing that out! I know where I'll be concentrating my time here.

2. Understood, and like I said, I could be wrong as well. I thought I detected a "tone of voice" by some when it comes to topics placed in the wrong forum. It could more, "my patience is wearing thin when it comes to newbies posting in the wrong place." I can't say that I haven't felt it myself on occasion over on CU, especially when it concerns spamming. It's really not that hard to find the proper place to post when everything is clearly marked.

Thanks for the response, Leon, and thanks for patiently and continually explaining the way things are done here to those of us learning the ropes.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Just to set the record straight there were two people that did this before me. Elliot Bassin actually started this board on a different s/w platform, in 2001, and then Bill Cornell handled it right after him, for about a yr or so. I think I have been at the reins for around 10-11 yrs.....And don't worry about the nature of the board changing. It won't. A few threads lately are off topic but the main board will remain pre-war, and mainly on topic. Guaranteed.
I actually knew that you weren't the originator, but it seems to fit nicely and would it have sounded better if I said "the house that Elliot built"? I think not!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
I am tired of seeing new member threads and then BS threads by them about past issues from another board. You PSA guys need to slow your roll or roll on out!! I am not learning anything about cards anymore with all this crap going on. We all know that PSA has issues but leave them there and start a new here. There I so much knowledge and info about the hobby as well as friends you will make for life here. We all don't get along all the time but we have a family type relationship here. Please leave your baggage at the door and have fun at the collecting and learning we all love here.

PS. To clear the air before someone post that I am a new member also. I have been here for a while now. A computer glitch snuffed my acct. I am a proud 54 member since 2009, opinionated and crazy at times, and obsessed with the 205's.
Hey there Andrew,

These have always been my thoughts about the Board members who come on with issues...

If you stop and think about them, they are pretty much comedians
No body really cares about their dirty laundry.
And... this is my wisest point, Please don't encourage them... Except, If You Really Can't Hold Back, then have fun with the situation... But Not in a cruel way!

I've have been here since Leon took over... And You'll see, in time, others will follow those who have infiltrated the threads in between the ones that have substance. History repeats itself... Dontcha think?

"Just my 2 pennies"

As Always...

Last edited by irishdenny; 01-28-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
... But Not in a cruel way!
I respectfully disagree.