NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Paul Carek

Default Seattle card shops?

Heading up there this weekend. Any good vintage sellers in the city?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Grant Rainsley

Default Seattle

Haven't been there for a long time, but DJ's in Renton was quite good.......not even sure if it is still in operation.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Little baseball, but there's a nice big antique store a short walk from Pike Street Market that I go to once in a while. If you're downtown it's worth taking a look. Lots of interesting stuff.

Last edited by drc; 01-28-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

i went to dj's a few months ago and it was just stacks of junk. i wouldn't make the trip unless you want an '89 fleer set or some christian children's books. maybe it has gone down hill.

the few card shops that are still around here aren't very good for vintage - a lot of newer stuff mixed in with gaming cards. there is one smack downtown in the basement of pike place market with SOME vintage. not the best selection but if you're down there anyways its worth checking out. you'd be hard-pressed to find another shop less than 30 minutes from downtown (not sure where you're staying) and seattle traffic can be nightmarish.

the only one i havn't been to yet is Mill Creek Sports but I'm told they're more of a memorabilia shop than card shop.

Last edited by conor912; 01-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Robert A

If you're looking for pre ww1 cards, the answer is no.

If you collect newer stuff, then I don't know.

Rob
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Mark Macrae

Gasoline Alley Antiques (6501-20th NE) has a selection of Zeenuts and Obaks, plus vintage baseball memorabilia, but you have to call for their hours.... 206-524-1606.. as they are only open once or twice a week. Some of their stuff is listed on their website
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

I found a handful of T205s in a card shop at Pike Place, $80 beaters
Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Mikeknapp

Mill Creek has primarily autographs but they do have a selection of cards some pre-war as well. They are worth the trip In my opinion.

http://www.millcreeksports.com/
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 AM

For (not bargain priced) game used, there are a few Mariners team stores, including one down down and one at the stadium. The stadium has the most stuff.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 AM

One I can actually reply to ...Andy's Sportscards in Bellevue . 80 -157th ave .SE . Definitely has plenty of vintage to choose from I go every time I go to the Seattle area . Older guy so make sure you call ahead first for hours ! This shop is in the basement of his house so when you pull up don't think your in the wrong place like I did the first time. Andy's a really great guy but a little gruff at first . Picked up some nice vintage at reasonable prices, best of luck Brett
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
i went to dj's a few months ago and it was just stacks of junk. i wouldn't make the trip unless you want an '89 fleer set or some christian children's books. maybe it has gone down hill.

the only one i havn't been to yet is Mill Creek Sports but I'm told they're more of a memorabilia shop than card shop.
I'll have to disagree on DJ's...great shop and you won't find a nicer guy (Don) who runs it. Very willing to deal and I always walk out of there stoked. He has several display cases of 50s-70s vintage that turns over rapidly because he is ALWAYS buying. New stuff all the time. I was there this weekend and he had a stack of Goudey's behind the counter with some other Pre-War cards he hadn't got to yet. I picked up 23 flawless mint 1955 Topps commons for $36! The place is a bit cluttered, and yes, there are lots of '89 Fleer type stuff that he basically gives away, but you never know whats there...heck, I think he doesn't half the time, haha. Its only minutes from Seattle and to me the best shop for vintage in our area, the rest are over priced with little to nothing new. You just got to dig at DJ's, and let him know what you want. He will pull all sorts of random boxes out...I LOVE THAT. Last Saturday he had a box that just came in that had a few Tobacco cards mixed with some 60s and with some 90 football cards...it was crazy.

http://www.djssportscards.com/

As for Mill Creek shop, it's right by my house and yes, they have some cards in display cases, mostly graded high dollar cards, with very little prewar. But they have an extensive autograph card list online organized by player that is unreal. Very cool place to go, TONS of autographs and memorabilia and great guys. I will be there tonight so my 7 year old can meet Doug Baldwin (Seahawk Wide Reciever), he has been pumped for this for weeks.

Dig into the autographed card selection, from Prewar to current.

http://www.millcreeksports.com/cards...atured&page=10

Is Andy's in Bellevue the guy who used to have a shop and is now out of his house? I think I talked to him on the phone once...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM

U-District Sports Cards was great for vintage stuff as it related to Seattle sports but unfortunately it closed up shop long ago.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Bryan M1ll3r

That link to DJ sports card made me laugh. If you look at the autograph sessions, it shows Mike Morse and Raul Ibanez from 2005. Maybe one day we will be lucky and get Adam Jones back too.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Bryan M1ll3r

Also, what other autograph sessions has Mill Creek had in the past few years? I just signed up for their newsletter hoping to meet some Seahawks/Mariners in the future.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Wow, 2005...that is a joke. Mariners, develop talent, give it away, and overpay when the gas tank is empty. I am starting to feel like a Cubs fan...

Python...I just got home from Mill Creek getting my son Doug Baldwins autograph...what a GREAT night. The shop was WELL organized and we had time for pictures. Doug was phenomonal with my son, and gave one of my teen daughters an extra long hug...haha. Great night, happy kids. I know they get more than just local talent there, they have had everyone from Killebrew to Ripken there in the past, amung many, many others...I look forward to seeing who is next.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03