NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Geno W@gn&r

Default BST Auctions

It's easy to make suggestions when you have nothing to do with implementing them, but I was thinking that maybe it's time to divide the BST Auctions into multiple categories. For now, we probably just need something like pre-WWII and post WWII, or something like that. I don't think an excessive amount is necessary, but a couple categories would keep auctions from getting "buried" so quickly.

What do you think?

Take Care,
Geno
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Jimi

Amen, Geno!
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I will take a look at that over the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion...I love hearing about things to make the board better and always listen.

And I just looked over there. One of our members just started approximately 12 separate thread, auctions at one time. That ain't gonna fly....that looks ridiculous in context of the rest of the people doing auctions. Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?

Last edited by Leon; 01-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Chris Counts

"Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?"

Thank you Leon, that suggestion is music to my ears. I personally would list more stuff for sale, but I get frustrated when my items fade quickly off the first page because of sellers listing so many different threads and constantly bumping them. How about a limit of one thread on the first page at a time? There's no reason every card needs a thread ...
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
"Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?"

Thank you Leon, that suggestion is music to my ears. I personally would list more stuff for sale, but I get frustrated when my items fade quickly off the first page because of sellers listing so many different threads and constantly bumping them. How about a limit of one thread on the first page at a time? There's no reason every card needs a thread ...
I agree Chris...though I am thinking 2 auctions instead of 1 open at once. Actually, I had the number of 3 in mind but I could see the compromise between 1 and 3 . Hopefully we can hear some more thoughts on it. And my previous comment wasn't supposed to demean anyone but it does look ridiculous over there, right now.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Andy Garden

Leon,

I think two is fine, but that looks brutal over there now. One member monopolizing that whole page is wrong. I think the auction section may need an overhaul like Geno suggested.

Best,

Andy

Last edited by AndyG09; 01-27-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM
octavio ranzola

Thank you leon
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will take a look at that over the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion...I love hearing about things to make the board better and always listen.

And I just looked over there. One of our members just started approximately 12 separate thread, auctions at one time. That ain't gonna fly....that looks ridiculous in context of the rest of the people doing auctions. Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?
Sorry Leon that is me. I will put them in much bigger lots in the future. I will let these run through as they are as they have bids on them. Again, I apologize. I considered just the regular B/S/T, but I have a hard time resisting the auction method.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 01-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercDriver View Post
It's easy to make suggestions when you have nothing to do with implementing them, but I was thinking that maybe it's time to divide the BST Auctions into multiple categories. For now, we probably just need something like pre-WWII and post WWII, or something like that. I don't think an excessive amount is necessary, but a couple categories would keep auctions from getting "buried" so quickly.

What do you think?

Take Care,
Geno
Yes! Please!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Well ....... is it time for a net54 weekly conglomerate auction? No way you can go wrong there Leon. Would be a little work, but maybe you could wrangle a mod to help out.

30-40 lots maximum per week..... ending every Saturday at various time intervals??

I think it would actually get MORE people involved in the "live auctions" if it were a bit more structured.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Leon can I just take these down I would even to be willing to just sell them for the bids left on them. Let me know what you would like to do.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Leon can I just take these down I would even to be willing to just sell them for the bids left on them. Let me know what you would like to do.

You didn't know and didn't realize, James.....maybe we could take them down and combine them. Whomever has bid will understand....Your call and thanks for your understanding.

And as for the conglomerate auction, dunno about that .
Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default off point

And to be slightly off point, please don't put your ebay auctions in the live auction area. There is a separate category for ebay auctions.

If you are selling 50's cards on ebay, please don't put these auctions in the 1950's category. Put them in the ebay auctions area.

If you have questions about an item, such as T206's, please don't post these questions in the tobacco card BST, they belong on the main board.

Now I feel better!

Thanks, Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default multiple auctions

James --

Although I'm the one who started the thread, I don't really see a need to take down your auctions. That's what the page is there for. I'd just like more categories so the pre-war cards don't get buried under the more commonly auctioned post-war cards. I think you're fine under the current construct.

Take Care,
Geno
Old 01-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Dave Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkammeyer View Post
Well ....... is it time for a net54 weekly conglomerate auction? No way you can go wrong there Leon. Would be a little work, but maybe you could wrangle a mod to help out.

30-40 lots maximum per week..... ending every Saturday at various time intervals??

I think it would actually get MORE people involved in the "live auctions" if it were a bit more structured.
+1 !!!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default conglomerate auctions

No thanks. Too much work, unless you're volunteering. A couple categories would be painless and I wouldn't have to spend every Saturday night looking at bids. We have companies that do that already...

Geno
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default BST thoughts

1. Limited number of active auctions per person (1, 2 or 3) per existing category

2. No bumps for closed auctions or thank yous. Titles can be changed without bumping I believe through editing function.

3. Everybody wants to be near the top. Auctions are not sortable by closing time. One bump on the final day of an auction only or weekly on the BST threads.

4. Activity seems to be increasing so more categories may be needed, but I would like to see 1, 2 & 3 first.

Rules can be applied to live auctions and existing BST threads.

Just my two cents.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkammeyer View Post

I was thinking something similar, but possibly Bi-annually.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

To address this small, first little misunderstanding there has been a title change on the Live Auctions BST forum. It now says 2-3 open at once. That is more than enough rules. The more rules the worse it is.

That situation has all been taken care of AND maybe there was a bit of a positive outcome to the whole thing.

As for an auction of some type, I really think there are enough going around, that I don't want to make the little Net54baseball one into anything more than it is, at least as of now. I am open to listening to all ideas, as always, but I am slow to fix things that aren't broken.

And Frank, I hear what you say about instituting some rules...I think we have one of these threads every 6 mos and let things work themselves out. If anything gets crazy it will be addressed. Caveat Emptor

Last edited by Leon; 01-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I'd definitely support a limit on bumps to once per auction.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I'd definitely support a limit on bumps to once per auction.
If you want to moderate that, I think the position is open.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I think the idea of breaking up the auction area into sections would work well.

basicly:

the Live Auction link on the main page remains once you click it it takes you to a page with the break down of all the auction threads-

1 - 19 cent auctions

2 - Pre War

3 - T's

4 - etc etc etc

that way the feel of the forum reamins the same (same front page) and the auction's are all broke into the same categories as our threads. Would make for a better wat to find what your looking for as a buyer as well.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
19 cent auctions
inexpensive enough for me!