NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 AM

Default Ted Williams Ball Auto Authenticity?

Wanted to get your opinion on this Ted auto. The d and the a are closed but its pretty faint so wanted to check. Let me know what you guys think- many thanks!

Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 AM

The Doerr on it looks off to me - but he wasn't super consistent and im most definitely not an expert. Anyway any help on these would be most appreciated:

Old 03-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Brendan Mullen

You should probably post this in the autograph section. You'll get numerous responses.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Matt

I don't like the Williams - but I'm sure others will chime in

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 03-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Andrew L@Vine

No good IMO...the other sigs look suspicious as well. I wouldn't feel comfortable purchasing
Old 03-09-2016, 08:50 PM

Ah sorry i guess i posted in the wrong forum - that explains the late reply since i bought it. I got a guaranteed return if it doesnt pass muster so its pretty low risk which is nice. The price was great - $350 for a ball signed by Jimmie Foxx, Williams, Doerr etc. but that was also a red flag which i summarily ignored. I did speak to the woman - she owns a gallery and she got this in some kind of bulk sale but she doesnt do sports. Anyway, she was kind and had no problem with returns so i figured it was worth a go at that price. Im bringing it to the White Plains show on Friday (i get the ball tmrw) so ill post back here what they say. Upon looking at the sigs more closely - some of the things that caused me to question the sigs were actually spots where the lines grew fainter. The Doerr doesn't look as off as I thought - same w the Ted. Anyway, I guess we'll see - thanks so much for looking.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:26 PM

Any additional thoughts are GREATLY welcomed. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Kevin

I like nothing about this ball. I have a feeling you'll get a similar response from JSA or PSA in white plains this weekend. You'll also have to pay their fee regardless of if it "passes" or fails, even IF it passed I still have no confidence the auto is legitimate.

That said I'd save your time and money and just return the ball, there are far nicer examples of all those players available.

Last edited by Kco; 03-10-2016 at 08:01 AM.