NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2019, 05:57 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE/Reflections....Black LENOX checklist...and show us your LENOX cards

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

Just another day to play and display some LENOX cards. Ungraded Vg cards, or perhaps a PSA 8 card.....all are appreciated. Condition is not a factor.
Looking forward to seeing some more of your LENOX gems.

The LENOX and UZIT cards are like 1952 TOPPS Hi # cards....printed last and printed least.
But, certainly much more rare than 1952 TOPPS Hi # cards.

TED Z
Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 PM

Ted, someone made me an offer on my Griffith, so I moved the card along...and quickly filled the gap with this great example. Thanks to Michael H (don't think he's a member here).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lenox.jpg (76.7 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg Lenox B.jpg (77.9 KB, 432 views)
Old 05-01-2019, 06:53 AM
Jamie

i saw the Mullaney Brown old mill mentioned in the thread.. thought i would post a clear picture of the card... been a while since i posted it on the board..

forgive me for the extra large pic... but its required to see the Brown OM portion of the card.. which is the most significant part about the card...

Old 05-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, etc......Check-out Jamie B's multi-brand T206

[QUOTE=Blunder19;1874137]i saw the Mullaney Brown old mill mentioned in the thread.. thought i would post a clear picture of the card... been a while since i posted it on the board..

forgive me for the extra large pic... but its required to see the Brown OM portion of the card.. which is the most significant part about the card...

Hi Jamie

Thanks for posting an enlarged image of this great T206. It provides us a clearer view of the multiple brands on the back of this "crazy" T206.

Hope to see you at the National in Chicago in August.

TEDZ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi.jpg (76.4 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by Leon; 06-06-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Jamie

Hey Ted.. yes i will be at the national.. from Wednesday to Saturday... i will come find your table on Wednesday.. have the rare back T206s ready for me
Old 05-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, etc......Check-out Jamie B's multi-brand T206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunder19 View Post
Hey Ted.. yes i will be at the national.. from Wednesday to Saturday... i will come find your table on Wednesday.. have the rare back T206s ready for me
Hi Jamie

Fair warning, find me early....because the rare ones sell quickly. Our booth is usually set-up near the entrance.

Question for you regarding this amazing T206. Given the way you have displayed the back of this card, can I assume that the Mullaney image on the front of this card is inverted ?
Which would be consistent with the inverted Brown OLD MILL printed on it.

TED Z
Old 06-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE/Reflections, Theories, etc........revisting the Ty Cobb / TY COBB card

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Nine years ago, Jon Canfield posted this Ty Cobb/TY COBB thread: What We Have Learned About Ty Cobbs With a Ty Cobb Back . It sparked some spirited discussion,
including information revealing that the Ty Cobb Cut Plug Smoking Tobacco was introduced in November 1909.

Only eight red portrait Cobb cards with the Ty Cobb back were known 9 years ago. Since then 14 more have been discovered. Most of them have been from collections in the
greater Atlanta area.

Factory #33...... manufacturer of the Ty Cobb Smoking Tobacco

With all that we have learned on this forum about this mysterious card....Is this, or isn't this card part of the T206 family ? Let's hear your input ? ?

This is not meant to be a "poll"......just, a friendly and meaningful discussion.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 06-07-2019 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Lenox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Ted, someone made me an offer on my Griffith, so I moved the card along...and quickly filled the gap with this great example. Thanks to Michael H (don't think he's a member here).

Mike

A great looking Bell....thanks for posting it.

TEDZ