NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Clayton

Default What happens to the Dodgers???

I am so frustrated with my team,The Dodgers.Two seasons in a row,we make it to the play off's,sweep the first team,and then get smashed on by the next team.I do know one thing-we need more heat throwers.Kershaw is a good young pitcher but we need a slew of them.I wouldn't mind if they picked up Lackey to start.We also need consistent hitting.Any other Dodger fans on the board???
Old 11-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hey Clayton

I am sure there are many LA Dodgers fans....whether they will chime in on current events is another question....
As a pitcher in my younger days it is quite awe inspiring when you get down on the field and see the heat that any of these current day pitchers throw....
Old 11-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Johnny S

A Yankees-Dodgers World Series this year would have been very cool. Could be worse Clayton, just think if you were a Cubs fan !
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Clayton

Default You're right Leon

I'm sure there are other Dodger fans on the board-and although I love to talk about the Dodgers,and would love to see people talk about their teams also,I was also trying to help get the ball rolling on this "watercooler talk" section.So you were a pitcher Leon?You are right on that too-they all can throw heat-some just better than others. Take care,Clayton
Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Clayton

Default I was hoping for that

Johnny,I wanted to see that so bad-LA vs. NY,,,,,,,but it seemed like once the Yankees picked up steam there was no stopping them.For a minute there,I thought the Twins had a shot........and the Cubs-I gotta give credit to the die hard Cubs fans,they hang in there with them through thick and thin-maybe they will have their day in the sun sometime soon
Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Rich Klein

Default Folks; until the Dodgers ownership/divorce

Issue is straightened out; be happy for what you got this year. Several teams in the NL West are on the rise and the Dodgers will be on the fall (Think Padres after the Moores divorce)

Rich
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Clayton

Default You may be right

Rich,you may be right on that,but I have faith the Dodgers will handle the Padres next year.Who is your team?Are you a Ranger fan?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Rich Klein

Default Yankees and Astros are my 2 teams

But I like the Rangers and see them living here
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Chris Counts

The Dodgers should dump Manny and put all their extra resources into starting pitching. Since they moved to Dodger Stadium, they've always won because of their starting pitching ...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Clayton

Default Manny.........

You know,I was so thrilled when I heard the Dodgers got Manny.Then when he was suspended for those 50 games,I got worried. Then,they found that they could do it without Manny,and kicked butt all the way until he came back.I could go on and on,but the bottom line is-Manny did not produce.You are right Chris-lose Manny,Get some good heat throwing starters,and get the team to hit consistantly.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Rich Klein

Default The Dodgers can't dump Manny

he has $20 MILLION on a player option and Scott Boras knows that he'll never get anything near that as a free agent. So Manny will be back for 2010.

That's part of what is going to hurt the Dodgers in 2010 plus the divorce issues with the McCourts.

Thankfully; the core of their team will be around for another year; but there might not be many ways to get help!

Regards
Rich
Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Chris Counts

For what it's worth, the Dodgers dumped Andrew Jones for nothing with about $20 million left on his contract. I'll bet they won't have to give Manny away quite as cheaply as Jones. Then they can go after a guy like Lackey or trade for Halliday. It's all about pitching, especially in Dodger Stadium ...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Clayton

I'll tell you what though,it was almost a no-brainer to dump Jones!!I couldn't believe how crappy he played when he came to L.A.-did he ever even get a base hit?Big change from how well he played for the Braves...........
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Chris Counts

Clayton, I believe Manny in due for a similar drop now that he's off the juice. His average won't dip so low, but I bet his power will fade dramatically ...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Clayton

I agree,hate to say it,but I feel it's true.You could already see the signs,a couple of his post suspension home runs seemed to barely make it over the wall.I had a glimmer of hope when he hit that DH grand slam(wasn't it off the first pitch?),,but after that it was a fizzle.......
Old 12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
qu@n nguy3n

manny is still a better option than juan pierre, at this point i'd expect manny to have a line of 300/25/100/900ops since he still takes the walks...we do need starting pitching but i don't like lackey.

the bigger problem is ownership, i've never liked those carpet-bagging mccourts and pray that they sell the team soon. not offering arb. to hudson and wolf is a crime (and reeks of ownership pocketing money instead of making sound baseball decisions). i'm still very bitter about giving up carlos santana instead of paying casey blake's 2mil salary so jamie mccourt can have her 500k/month expenditures.