NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 12-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Peter

Default Collecting Goals

As the holidays approach, I thought I would take the opportunity to start my first thread on the site.

Does anyone have goals for their boxing collection in the new year? Here are a couple of mine:
  • Overhaul and upgrade my t218 subset
  • Add another t227 (HLC) boxer to my collection
  • Find a Fitzsimmons "Am I In It" pinback to pair with my Peter Jackson "Dont Bother Me"
  • t206 Cobb portrait red or green (I haven't really collected baseball since I was a kid, but this is a card I've been dreaming about ever since)

I have zero discipline, so I'll pick up plenty of stuff outside these goals, but I thought I should at least try to have some direction in my collecting efforts.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM

Default Fitz Pin

http://www.josportsinc.com/catalog/view.php?id=18804
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I will be selling some SGC 80 and 84 T218 boxers in the near future. I'd rather sell them to a N54 guy than via eBay. Want a list?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Peter

Default t218

Yeah I wouldn't mind taking a look, thanks for the offer. There are a couple cards from the set of which I would love to have a high-grade example. Send me a PM.

Generally though, I'm just looking to get my t218 collection to a point where there are no creases or significant stains and the corners are at least square-ish (I don't need to be able split a hair on them). This set is nice because if you are patient enough you can complete without too much $ invested.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default goal

My only goal for boxing cards is to pick up one low grade T211 for my Louisiana card collection.

As far as I know, Red Suns are the only boxing card that was produced in Louisiana.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

My primary, perpetual, overriding boxing card goal is to add more exhibit cards to my sets. I am a few dozen from 'complete' although every year I seem to identify new cards from issues that are not fully checklisted yet. If I add handful a year I am pleased as punch. 2013 was a good one; got these and a few more:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Murr the Blurr

On the vintage side, add to my small stash of cards/memorabilia of Luther McCarty, Arthur Pelkey and Tommy Burns. With the modern stuff, I'm hoping to complete my run of on-site MSG posters for cards headlined by George Chuvalo. I have the posters from his fights with Pat McMurtry, Oscar Bonavena, Manuel Ramos, Jerry Quarry and George Foreman. Looking for posters of Chuvalo vs. Doug Jones, Floyd Patterson, Joe Frazier and Buster Mathis.

Tags
boxing pinback, goals, t218, t227