NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2014, 06:06 AM
ibuysportsephemera's Avatar
ibuysportsephemera ibuysportsephemera is offline
Jeff G@rf!nkel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,378
Default Beware eBay User Peacejuice

Hey guys, I hope this is the correct section. I am a memorabilia guy, not cards so I don't often sell cards on eBay. I feel for the card sellers if this is what they have to go through with buyers.

I sold a graded card on eBay to the user Peacejuice. The card had multiple close up photos front and back and the case was perfect. Based on previous threads here, I packaged it in bubble wrap and then a cardboard box so it couldn't be damaged in transit. The buyer Peacejuice contacted me to say that there was a crack in the case and wanted a $6 refund on a $68 card so that he could send it back to Beckett to be reslabbed. I thought that the story was a little weird and checked his feedback. It has 41 feedbacks left for others since 2/15/14 and 2 of them are negatives. Both sellers responded that he tried to get money from them and that is why he left the negatives. He also mentions small problems that were resolved with at least 3 other sellers feedbacks. Sounds to me like he is playing the feedback extortion game. I blocked him and refunded the $6 because it would be too much problems to do anything else. Just wanted to let you all know.

Jeff G@rf!nke!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 AM
savedfrommyspokes savedfrommyspokes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,371
Default

Sounds like, based on this situation, you have done all you can do....took care of the guy, blocked him and informed others.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 AM
asphaltman's Avatar
asphaltman asphaltman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 583
Default

I'm not scared of receiving negative feedback. I would have asked for a photo of the card in the cracked slab before I would have handed him back $6. Had he provided that, then either something really did happen in shipping or he's just plain idiotic enough to crack it himself...either way, here's your $6 at that point.
__________________
Dave
cardstokeep@aol.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 AM
I Only Smoke 4 the Cards's Avatar
I Only Smoke 4 the Cards I Only Smoke 4 the Cards is offline
Alex
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
I'm not scared of receiving negative feedback. I would have asked for a photo of the card in the cracked slab before I would have handed him back $6. Had he provided that, then either something really did happen in shipping or he's just plain idiotic enough to crack it himself...either way, here's your $6 at that point.

I agree with this approach.
__________________
Tackling the Monster
T206 = 213/524
HOFs = 13/76
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is online now
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Hey guys, I hope this is the correct section. I am a memorabilia guy, not cards so I don't often sell cards on eBay. I feel for the card sellers if this is what they have to go through with buyers.

I sold a graded card on eBay to the user Peacejuice. The card had multiple close up photos front and back and the case was perfect. Based on previous threads here, I packaged it in bubble wrap and then a cardboard box so it couldn't be damaged in transit. The buyer Peacejuice contacted me to say that there was a crack in the case and wanted a $6 refund on a $68 card so that he could send it back to Beckett to be reslabbed. I thought that the story was a little weird and checked his feedback. It has 41 feedbacks left for others since 2/15/14 and 2 of them are negatives. Both sellers responded that he tried to get money from them and that is why he left the negatives. He also mentions small problems that were resolved with at least 3 other sellers feedbacks. Sounds to me like he is playing the feedback extortion game. I blocked him and refunded the $6 because it would be too much problems to do anything else. Just wanted to let you all know.

Jeff G@rf!nke!
I may be in the minority here because giving this scammer the $6 just reinforces them that their scam is working perfectly. This partial refund scam just keeps getting more and more common because it works most of the time.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:29 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,291
Default

I have been a victim of that scam as well. In my instance, the buyer had every intention of cracking it out of the case, so it was his way of getting $6 back. Just refund $6, block them, and move on.......
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM
mx14377 mx14377 is offline
Dominick
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 9
Default

I'm a little ignorant to eBay with regards to blocking buyers because I've never had to do it. But how do we go about blocking someone from bidding? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,291
Default

Go to site map at the bottom of the page. It is under the EBAY SUMMARY page. The under the SELL header, click on Block Bidder/Buyer List. The rest should be easy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2014, 05:53 PM
thecatspajamas's Avatar
thecatspajamas thecatspajamas is offline
L@nce Fit.tro
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx14377 View Post
I'm a little ignorant to eBay with regards to blocking buyers because I've never had to do it. But how do we go about blocking someone from bidding? Thanks.
Go here:
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

If that doesn't work, go here and scroll down to the first big gray box where it says "To add a member to your blocked list" and click through to the above page.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

I've been on eBay for quite a while now, so my list of yahoos and goobers is quite lengthy. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way on most of them

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 03-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
I've been on eBay for quite a while now, so my list of yahoos and goobers is quite lengthy. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way on most of them
Ditto here Lance. And now with DSR star dingers, they have made the list as well. It is a little work to figure them out, but you can.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone ever bought from ebay user tg Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 10-11-2008 08:44 PM
anyone know ebay user id ... cmoney1970 ?? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 4 11-28-2006 06:36 PM
eBay User ID: Solarjan Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 05-23-2006 06:28 PM
ebay user tandaexpresscardshoppe Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 1 02-24-2005 05:55 PM
ebay user names Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 11 12-10-2001 10:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


ebay GSB