NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-01-2016, 10:59 PM
trdcrdkid's Avatar
trdcrdkid trdcrdkid is offline
David Kathman
member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Someone paid $1,170 for this cutout of a picture of Nolan Ryan from a Sporting News magazine. Not ever was this meant to be cut out yet PSA for some reason felt it should be slabbed. As far as I know they still won't slab a skinned N172 Old Judge card.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...hand-497494361

^^^^
Yes this sold for $1,170. I have a subscription to worthpoint and can see the prices.
Hey, it's in the PSA registry, so it must be valuable!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-2016, 11:15 PM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
Hey, it's in the PSA registry, so it must be valuable!
Exactly! PSA just printing money by accepting this garbage. If PSA doesn't recognize this in their registry nobody would pay a dollar for it.
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Bored5000's Avatar
Bored5000 Bored5000 is offline
Eddie S.
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fleetwood, Pa.
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Exactly! PSA just printing money by accepting this garbage. If PSA doesn't recognize this in their registry nobody would pay a dollar for it.
PSA does the same nonsense in slabbing a magazine cut out from a 1973 wrestling annual that contains a very early Andre the Giant "card."

How valuable can that Nolan Ryan Sporting News cut out really be? It isn't even gem mint. Can I interest you in a $4,995 Andre the Giant cut out from the '73 wrestling annual that was graded PSA 10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Wrestli...UAAOSwo0JWN6Pe

Ebay currently has four PSA 9s for sale of the same newsprint "card" for $995 that have been cut out of that magazine.

Last edited by Bored5000; 02-02-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-02-2016, 12:58 AM
trdcrdkid's Avatar
trdcrdkid trdcrdkid is offline
David Kathman
member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
How valuable can that Nolan Ryan cut out really be? It isn't even gem mint. Can I interest you in a $4,995 rookie Andre the Giant graded PSA 10 that was cut out of the previously mentioned magazine?
Hey, don't mock! It's POP 1! It's rarer than a T206 Wagner!!!11!!1!1!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-02-2016, 01:14 AM
drcy's Avatar
drcy drcy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,045
Default

It goes without saying that the Ryan is one of the most ridiculous things PSA has done.

And in addition, how did it get a number grade?

Last edited by drcy; 02-02-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-02-2016, 02:26 AM
brianp-beme's Avatar
brianp-beme brianp-beme is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,529
Default Pshaw

They have been known to grade nicely cut cards.

Brian
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-02-2016, 03:10 AM
TheNightmanCometh's Avatar
TheNightmanCometh TheNightmanCometh is offline
Ryan Waggoner
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California, USA
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
PSA does the same nonsense in slabbing a magazine cut out from a 1973 wrestling annual that contains a very early Andre the Giant "card."

How valuable can that Nolan Ryan Sporting News cut out really be? It isn't even gem mint. Can I interest you in a $4,995 Andre the Giant cut out from the '73 wrestling annual that was graded PSA 10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Wrestli...UAAOSwo0JWN6Pe

Ebay currently has four PSA 9s for sale of the same newsprint "card" for $995 that have been cut out of that magazine.
A hand cut Gem Mint 10? Damn, those are some steady hands!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:24 AM
begsu1013 begsu1013 is offline
Bob Ev@ns
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Someone paid $1,170 for this cutout of a picture of Nolan Ryan from a Sporting News magazine. Not ever was this meant to be cut out yet PSA for some reason felt it should be slabbed. As far as I know they still won't slab a skinned N172 Old Judge card.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...hand-497494361
^^^^
Yes this sold for $1,170. I have a subscription to worthpoint and can see the prices.

pluck me? no, no, no. pluck all of you!


who needs worthpoint, because maybe it was this banned idiot?

perhaps it was because he already had every possible version of his 68 card?

and maybe it was because he already had the #1, #2, #3 and #4 basic ryan sets?

could be he's just a hardcore ryan fan and simply likes oddball sh!t.

or it could be the fact that they aren't graded anymore, thus only leaving 5 examples in slabs.

hell, maybe he likes to laugh at psa too and could just have it merely as a conversation piece.

or he simply likes the fact of ya'll talking shit while you guys probably have some random turd blossom in your collection that you think smells like roses and resembles the exact same thing you're fucking mocking?

he may have snagged it b/c he finds it funny you are actually attempting to step inside another collectors head and try to figure out what makes the motherfucker tick?

(good luck on that one by the way.)

truth be told, he bought it to prove your mom's ol adage of "be careful of who and what you say, as the mofo could be sitting right next to you!"

actually he just sent out a tweet or whatever the hell that is saying #hashtag he really doesn't give a fuck and bought it simply because he could.


funny thing is, i heard this idiot actually has oceanfront property in arizona as well.

hell, i even caught my first marlin there. right off the back of the bus w/ some 20lb test and a cane pole.

now, seriously. listen to mom this time. go wash behind your ears and for christ's sake, brush those fn teeth...and maybe ya should simply keep talking about which of ya'll shilled who and how ya'll screwed each other over. sure i paid $1170 for it, but my name isn't anywhere on the shill list. in fact, most of ya'll got shilled more than that! so one could say, i got it for free.

and who said "shillvary is dead"?

that rant truly had to be worthy of the ban, right?

it's fucking sad.

"i hold myself in contempt"







































don't think I really need to post the 82 and on, but who knows w/ this group.

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-02-2016 at 07:08 AM. Reason: to switch the 80 and 81 to proper order
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:24 AM
begsu1013 begsu1013 is offline
Bob Ev@ns
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,527
Default

but f***, let's roll out the opc while we are at it...



69 card does not exist.





72 card does not exist, other than mets team card. ehh.































Last edited by Leon; 02-02-2016 at 08:03 AM. Reason: f bomb
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Sean1125 Sean1125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,203
Default

10/10 would read again
__________________
sean DOT bassik AT gmail DOT com
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ebayer AASTAMPS Runscott Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 1 03-01-2013 10:33 PM
Another IDIOTIC ebayer! danmckee Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 142 02-23-2013 08:55 AM
help educating ebayer... Wite3 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 9 10-01-2012 04:35 PM
Anyone know ebayer tgregg107? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 10-19-2007 05:58 AM
does anyone know this ebayer??? jasp24 Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 03-01-2007 11:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.


ebay GSB