NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Dan Bl@u

Default Keeping Pop Reports Accurate?

Is there a "formal" process for informing PSA/SGC about crackouts?

An SGC-graded T209-1 sold through LOTG in November. It came up for sale in the latest PWCC auction in a PSA holder, so it was just crossed over in the past couple months. I purchased the card, and I'm going to crack it and resubmit it back to SGC. (What a journey it's been for this poor card!)

The set is very low-pop so I'd like to keep the pop reports accurate if possible.

As for PSA, do I just send the flip back to them? Will that be enough for them to remove the cert from their population?

As for SGC, the old cert number is still showing as active. Is there a good way for me to "prove" to them that the card I now have in the PSA holder is the same one they used to have in their holder? There are some unique markings on the card that make it easy to match up. Is there a process for this, or do I just call them up and see if they'll do it?

Thanks! Incidentally, the card sold in an SGC 20 holder for $224, crossed over to a PSA 1, and sold (to me) for $137.50. So much for cards maximizing value in PSA holders, I suppose.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:34 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

LOL; you're comparing the value of an SGC Fair card to a PSA Poor. ;-) Just buy the card! Ya made me laugh.

Yes, just mail the flip back to PSA (email a picture?) and they'll remove it from the pop report. Send them an email to info@psacard.com to confirm they've received it.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Personally, I think the pop reports are generally less significant with scarce pre-war cards. That being said the companies should help with taking the cert numbers out of circulation if you contact the correct person. (as was said)

Last edited by Leon; 05-17-2015 at 09:36 AM.