NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Steve Zarelli

Default Anyone know what's up with HOFautosChris?

Hi

Anyone know HOFautosChris? Is he okay?

I paid for an item he had listed in the BST section on July 9 and have yet to receive it. The last I heard from him was a month ago. I've sent total of 5 polite reminders.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as he seemed to be a regular with a track record...

Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Steve Zarelli

Apparently Chris David aka HOFautosChris was online at Net54 today... So he still amongst the living.

Christopher.leigh.david@gmail.com

Wondering why he hasn't sent item paid for 2 months ago or responded to email or PMs.

Anyone deal with him before?
Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Hmmmm....Have you contacted Leon?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Hmmmm....Have you contacted Leon?
No, I have not. I really wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone here knew him and was aware that something happened to him.

Maybe that is still the case, but it's looking less likely now that his profile shows he has visited this site at least a few times in the past week and as recently as last night.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Let me know what I can do to help.....
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Let me know what I can do to help.....
Thanks, Leon. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure there is much you can do. Perhaps he would respond to you, but I have not gotten any response to the PMs and emails I have sent him. It seems he responded at first with promises to send, and then once the 30 day period after payment expired, "POOF."

I'm not out a lot of money, but it's more the principle of it.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Thanks, Leon. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure there is much you can do. Perhaps he would respond to you, but I have not gotten any response to the PMs and emails I have sent him. It seems he responded at first with promises to send, and then once the 30 day period after payment expired, "POOF."

If its with Paypal, I believe its 45 days so you still might have a chance.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

You are right there isn't a lot I can do. I did just send him a pm about it and he will need to answer about this. Hopefully it's just a communication issue somewhere..we'll see...thanks
Old 08-28-2014, 06:45 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i bought a couple signed jeter cards from him a few months ago. they arrived fine and he always responded to my pms within a day or so. not sure what's going on in ur case steve but good luck.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I'm impressed it took you 6 weeks to go public with this. You have far more patience for people than I do.

Best of luck with this,
Ken
Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I'm impressed it took you 6 weeks to go public with this. You have far more patience for people than I do.

Best of luck with this,
Ken
Thank you, Ken.

It was a Joe Torre signed WS program. I bought it at the same time I also bought a handful of other items from eBay, and truth be told, I forgot about it for a few weeks. When it struck me that I never got it, I sent a few PMs and emails, and then went on vacation. Before I knew it, it's almost 2 months later.

And foolishly, I sent a "friend" payment because that's what I have always done with Net54 people. I've had a number of great transactions from good people with no problems here. The odds eventually caught up with me and I ran into someone not so honest. Lesson learned.

Last edited by Mr. Zipper; 08-28-2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-30-2014, 06:17 AM
Christopher Williams

Just goes to show, that in this hobby, expect the unexpected.

Hopefully, Steve, you'll eventually get your card.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Thank you, Ken.

It was a Joe Torre signed WS program. I bought it at the same time I also bought a handful of other items from eBay, and truth be told, I forgot about it for a few weeks. When it struck me that I never got it, I sent a few PMs and emails, and then went on vacation. Before I knew it, it's almost 2 months later.

And foolishly, I sent a "friend" payment because that's what I have always done with Net54 people. I've had a number of great transactions from good people with no problems here. The odds eventually caught up with me and I ran into someone not so honest. Lesson learned.

Paypal might tell you to pound sand, but your CC company might say otherwise.

Not sure what you'd tell them but you never relieved it and he was a friend before this might go a long way.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Steve Zarelli

After numerous emails and private messages with no response, I can only conclude Christopher Leigh David of Rochester NY aka Leigh David aka HOFautosChris is not going to deliver the item I paid for on July 9. We know he has been active and visited this forum as recently as last week.

I would advise strongly against doing any business with Christopher Leigh David of Rochester NY aka Leigh David aka HOFautosChris.

LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=148091623

Christopher.leigh.david@gmail.com

In addition to his day job, he supposedly has a autograph-related business.

Founder
Signature Success
1995 – Present (19 years)
Launched small business involving the purchase, valuation, pricing and sale of high-end sports memorabilia. Network with collectors worldwide online over the phone and at industry trade shows.

Last edited by Mr. Zipper; 09-03-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:57 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

welp...so much for the success of that "side business". what a scumbag. I'll make sure to get the word out Steve.

I'm glad you weren't out too much.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
welp...so much for the success of that "side business". what a scumbag. I'll make sure to get the word out Steve.

I'm glad you weren't out too much.
I left a voice mail for him yesterday and haven't heard back. Interestingly he hasn't come back since my first PM to him around a week ago. If he comes back he will have some 'splaining to do. I sort of wonder if anything happened to him, the way he has just left? It doesn't sound like it was that much money for someone to run away like this?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
After numerous emails and private messages with no response, I can only conclude Christopher Leigh David of Rochester NY aka Leigh David aka HOFautosChris is not going to deliver the item I paid for on July 9. We know he has been active and visited this forum as recently as last week.
You know what they say about a man with two first names. I kid, I kid. Hopefully everything is alright with him and this all gets situated the way its supposed to.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:13 PM
qu@n nguy3n

having dealt with him i'm honestly baffled why he hasn't replied to you steve over this >$50 item? just very strange...
Old 09-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Jeff P0tter

There must be more to this...I hope...no one disappears over $50 unless something strange is happening...unless I am completely underestimating us here.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:00 AM
J Stone

Not trying to defend the guy by any means, but if my own experience is any indication and from the little evidence provided by the LinkedIn screen grab let me speculate, and this is PURE speculation.

Chris may have lost his job in 2012 and has not been able to find a new one. So he makes a go at selling sports memorabilia, possibly full time, possibly while continuing to look for a job. Meanwhile debts keep piling up, the sports market goes soft (this has been my experience as well) and very quickly the cash dries up.

It's really easy to get over one's head in this situation. I've been there...actually I AM there!

However, I will agree that he is doing himself no good by ignoring Steve and Leon. I've found that when things go wrong, honestly is indeed the best policy and most people are understanding enough to work something out. Pride and shame sometimes make guys unable to "man-up" in these situations.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Not trying to defend the guy by any means, but if my own experience is any indication and from the little evidence provided by the LinkedIn screen grab let me speculate, and this is PURE speculation.

Chris may have lost his job in 2012 and has not been able to find a new one. So he makes a go at selling sports memorabilia, possibly full time, possibly while continuing to look for a job. Meanwhile debts keep piling up, the sports market goes soft (this has been my experience as well) and very quickly the cash dries up.

It's really easy to get over one's head in this situation. I've been there...actually I AM there!

However, I will agree that he is doing himself no good by ignoring Steve and Leon. I've found that when things go wrong, honestly is indeed the best policy and most people are understanding enough to work something out. Pride and shame sometimes make guys unable to "man-up" in these situations.
And if he gives an explanation like that, I am almost 99% positive that Steve and Leon would be more than kind in their responses. They are a couple of the good guy's here.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 09-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
And if he gives an explanation like that, I am almost 99% positive that Steve and Leon would be more than kind in their responses. They are a couple of the good guy's here.
On my part you can be 100% sure. I try to be the most forgiving guy in the hobby. Thanks for the kind words too.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

I was surprised to be following this post, and come to realize that this guy lives in my hometown of Rochester, NY. I attend some shows locally - in fact there is one next weekend about 40 minutes away in Batavia that I will be at - and have never seen him. Rochester is in fact a very small community. I am surprised I have never come across him.