NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-29-2023, 03:57 PM

Default Ethan Salas AA Debut Jersey value?

Hello all, I was able to purchase the game used San Antonio Missions Ethan Salas debut jersey. In his AA debut he hit a walk off double..

Any guestimates on value?
Old 11-30-2023, 06:47 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcookie View Post
Hello all, I was able to purchase the game used San Antonio Missions Ethan Salas debut jersey. In his AA debut he hit a walk off double..

Any guestimates on value?
I have never heard of Mr. Salas, but I don’t follow prospects closely. I would think the value of your jersey will depend entirely on his career and performance moving forward.
Old 11-30-2023, 08:28 AM

I would suggest you sell it now. I don't think there is long term value in a AA debut jersey. He will go to AAA and then the majors and AA will not really seem all that significant in time.

My guess: $1,000
Old 11-30-2023, 09:00 AM
Dave

I never heard of him until just now. 17 year old who has already had a taste of AA?

I also assumed he was probably Mark Salas's kid or grandkid, especially since he's also a catcher....but no dice.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:05 AM

He has a lot of hype but it's hard to gauge what people really expect out of him. Is he supposed to be a Johnny Bench-like masher or simply a Yadier Molina-like defensive whiz?

Unless he hits 30 homers a year he won't approach the elite levels of the hobby. Though he's definitely there now based on speculation alone.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:11 AM
Dave

If his age is correct...he's listed as 6'2" 185 lbs. already.

Is he going to outgrow the catcher position. There's been a few bigger guys at that position. Piazza and Fisk come to mind, but he's already almost as big as them at 17 years old.

It might be entirely dependent on how his bat comes around. It's incredibly hard to gauge a player at this age, and when he's going to stop improving.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:20 AM

I think he's only where he is because he can catch. His bat wouldn't get him into AA if he weren't playing a premium position. It seems like his value would go down if he isn't able to catch.
Old 11-30-2023, 12:53 PM
Stefan

Sell now - He's not old enough to even purchase tickets to an "R" rated movie, lots can change on his way to the Majors (or being cut)

Last edited by Smanzari; 11-30-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 01:28 PM

I have it consigned to Goldin, It will be in their Dec 8th elite auction. I truly don't know what to expect price wise.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:40 PM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcookie View Post
I have it consigned to Goldin, It will be in their Dec 8th elite auction. I truly don't know what to expect price wise.
Yea, I guess I missed that part!

This one sold on an offer of $650, so probably around there - probably a premium since is his first but the market is much rougher at the moment, than at the beginning of the month when this one sold
Old 11-30-2023, 06:27 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I would suggest you sell it now. I don't think there is long term value in a AA debut jersey. He will go to AAA and then the majors and AA will not really seem all that significant in time.

A thousand bucks? For a guy who could turn out to be nothing?

I guess I’m not a speculative buyer. My Giants have had too many prospects who missed.
Old 12-02-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post

$500-$1000 sounds roughly correct to me. It's not a very easy item to predict; there isn't a huge market for game-worn minor league jerseys.

The hammer price at Goldin will likely outdo what you could get on eBay. If you get lucky it could fly even higher
Old 12-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Dave

This kid has cards on Ebay that have sold in the $1000 range. Would seem strange to me that an actual minor league jersey with good provenance from the team, wouldn't do better.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
This kid has cards on Ebay that have sold in the $1000 range. Would seem strange to me that an actual minor league jersey with good provenance from the team, wouldn't do better.
I don't think you can look at it that way. You're talking about a 1st Bowman Chrome auto and a AA debut jersey. The same person is very unlikely to be collecting in both realms and the 1st Bowman will always be the king of his cards whereas the AA jersey is a cool item but the pool of people interested in it is smaller.

Last edited by packs; 12-02-2023 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 08:31 PM

It ended at $1,500 on Goldin, I’m happy with that number.
Old 01-03-2024, 08:19 PM

Congrats!