NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Reminiscing...Spring Garden, Willow Grove, Ocean City, Fort Washington, Reading Shows

Bob Schmierer and Ted Taylor (show promoters) started the Philly Show BB card show on Sept 27, 1975 at Spring Garden College (Philadelphia suburb).
This one day show generated a lot of interest. Oct 1-2, 1976 they repeated it and their featured guest at this show was hobby pioneer George Moll. Who
was the major force behind all the Bowman Gum Company sports & non-sports cards (Play Ball's, Bowman BB & FB, and non-sports sets like the famous
1939 Horrors of War cards). In addition, Bob and Ted produced B/W 49-card series, which they referred to as the "1947 set". Examples shown here.......

The 1976 show was a great success, so they repeated it in the Fall of 1977. This time they expanded their 1947 BB card series by adding 64 more cards.

By 1978, Bob & Ted realized they needed a larger facility. They re-located the Philly Show to the George Washington Convention Center in Willow Grove.

I have an endless amount of stories I can share with everyone on this forum about my tremendous experiences at the Willow Grove Show (March 1981
to December 1992)....Fort Washington Show (1993 -2006)....Reading Show (2007 - 2008). But, for now I'll relate this story to you......

Circa 1986.....four of us were in my room at the GW Motor Lodge, prior to the show on Friday afternoon. Bill Mastro was shopping around a "sharp" (the
operative adjective) T206 Wagner. If I recall Bill wanted $25,000 for it. We all took a close look at it and told Bill "too expensive". That same card is now
the PSA 8 "Gretzky Wagner".
Why didn't the 4 of us pool our funds and purchase this Wagner from Bill ? ?
You explain it...I cannot not !

Please feel free to share with us here your Philly Show memories dating back to the original Spring Garden College days....or, the Willow Grove shows
or, the Ocean City shows, or the Ft. Washington shows....or, the Reading shows.

Looking forward to reading your responses.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 12-07-2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:55 PM

Ted, I don't know if it is the same George Washington Motor Lodge, but every year in high school, my school (Bullis) was invited to the Christmas city wrestling tournament in Bethlehem, PA - some of the best wrestling in the country in the late 80's and early 90's - and we would always stay at a George Wahington Motor Lodge and it looked just like that. That pic brings back memories of sleepless and starving nights thinking about food, weigh ins, and the kids I had to wrestle the next day (often ranked top 25 in country). And then we would hit Midway diner truck stop (????) on way home and pig out.

Thanks for the pic (and the flash back).
Old 12-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Ryan

There were quite a number of George Washington Motor Lodges along major hi-ways in Pennsy. For example, along the TPKE
there was one at Neshaminy, Willow Grove, King of Prussia and Northeast Extension Interchanges.

And, several in the Lehigh Valley area. All of them basically were constructed the same.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Brandon Bailey

I was a proud member of EPSC from 1989-1993 then I went away to college, and only got to go sporadically. I Started going to the shows with my Dad in 1988. Some of my favorite memories were when it rained and would come through the roof so the small isles got smaller. I remember getting great advice from Joseph Del Grippo one of the few dealers who would always spend time with kids. Buying a Pete Rose rookie from Brian Kaplan and his wife convinced him to give me a deal since I was a kid, and then paying in all 5, 10 &20 from mowing grass. My Dads favorite thing was going to an Italian restaurant called Dori’s(I think) where the elderly waiter called us both boys great food close to the motor lodge.
Took my boys for the first time last year, this show will always be my favorite.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default Philly show

Boston Sea Party

I remember that place !
Old 12-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Howie Schenker

I remember some great in-show auctions where the dealers were too busy with customers to leave the table and bid. I also recall the fire marshals restricting admission at Willow Grove due to overcrowding.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Robert J. Miller

Great Memories of the GW Motor Lodge. I bought my first T206 there from someone walking around. It was a Cy Young for $17.00 that appeared slightly trimmed on the top.

The promoter also had auctions near the end of the show on Saturday I think. I bought a Ty Cobb bank check for $22.50. Oh the good old days...............

Robert
Old 12-07-2017, 06:22 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I have a lot of fond memories of these shows.....I started going to the Friday night shows in the late 1980's and would stand in the line outside for probably an hour or so waiting for the doors to open....
Old 12-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Ocean City Show

During the early 1980's, the Willow Grove Show was enormously popular. It was considered by many in the hobby during then as the "real National".

. .

Bob Schmierer and Ted Taylor expanded the show to the Jersey shore resort town of Ocean City. It was a Friday-Saturday show held at the Music Pier.

Saturday's featured a Classic Cars parade on the boardwalk. Imagine this setting....Crashing waves beneath you....Classic Cars and Classic Cards.
Can you beat that ?

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM

Default Reading

I enjoyed when the show was in Reading, PA. I always thought it was a nice venue for a show, but it seemed to be thumbs down by dealers and patrons of the show. Never understood why exactly?
Old 12-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisguy View Post
I enjoyed when the show was in Reading, PA. I always thought it was a nice venue for a show, but it seemed to be thumbs down by dealers and patrons of the show. Never understood why exactly?

Hi tennisguy

Not all dealers.....I, for none, really enjoyed the Reading Shows. All 5 of these Shows were great for me with respect to selling and buying.

I would guess that the main problem that some (dealers and collectors) had with the Reading location was that it was not as convenient to
get to (as the Willow Grove and Ft. Washington shows).)

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Bob Hamlin

Started attending the Willow Grove show circa@1982. Dad and I went once and were hooked. We never missed a show for close to 20+ years. From surgeries, to weddings to every major life event, we were always there. The fire marshall clicking off people to get in, or parking on the lawn and climbing the big hill, that show was the best.
Honestly, every show there was something new. There were always Wagners floating around, maybe 2 a show. I remember seeing Darby Chocolates for the first time (Crawford box and a Cobb Box). Quality Autographs having just bought a collection with an autograph of every Hall of Famer. The stories are endless.....wish it was like that still.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:44 PM

Throughout the 80s and early 90s I'd take the train down from Boston for the Friday preview, using your fine SEPTA commuter rail to get from 30th Street Station to Willow Grove, then hiking a mile or so to reach the George Washington Lodge. After filling my acquisitions box with goodies, I'd retrace my route, riding the Night Owl back to Boston for an early morning arrival and a nap before I had to be at work Saturday afternoon. Made the trek a couple of times to Fort Washington, but the last time returned with only one card, so abandoned the ritual. I met a lot of hobby legends there, including Tom Reid, who was quite a character as I'm sure you remember. We'd talk union politics as much as cards.
B.ob Ri.ch.ardson
Old 12-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsbats View Post
Started attending the Willow Grove show circa@1982. Dad and I went once and were hooked. We never missed a show for close to 20+ years. From surgeries, to weddings to every major life event, we were always there. The fire marshall clicking off people to get in, or parking on the lawn and climbing the big hill, that show was the best.
Honestly, every show there was something new. There were always Wagners floating around, maybe 2 a show. I remember seeing Darby Chocolates for the first time (Crawford box and a Cobb Box). Quality Autographs having just bought a collection with an autograph of every Hall of Famer. The stories are endless.....wish it was like that still.
A Cobby Darby Chocolates. Now that is a cool card! Great stories guys. My only story is from last weekend, the Philly Show, but I don't think that counts. L
Old 12-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
Throughout the 80s and early 90s I'd take the train down from Boston for the Friday preview, using your fine SEPTA commuter rail to get from 30th Street Station to Willow Grove, then hiking a mile or so to reach the George Washington Lodge. After filling my acquisitions box with goodies, I'd retrace my route, riding the Night Owl back to Boston for an early morning arrival and a nap before I had to be at work Saturday afternoon. Made the trek a couple of times to Fort Washington, but the last time returned with only one card, so abandoned the ritual. I met a lot of hobby legends there, including Tom Reid, who was quite a character as I'm sure you remember. We'd talk union politics as much as cards.
B.ob Ri.ch.ardson

Hi Bob

Great story......especially your trip from Boston > Philadelphia > Willow Grove or Ft. Washington Shows.
I did the reverse to get to Boston and New Hampshire Shows from my NJ (or Philly) homes.

Indeed, Tom Reid was quite a character. Back in the 1980's (when I lived in Toms River, NJ), Tom would
occasionally be down visiting relatives. Tom would drop by my home and go thru my "esoteric" stuff (he
had all the regular issue sportscards and non-sports cards in the hobby)

I miss Tom very much. He had more BB card and BB card dealer story's than most anyone in this hobby.
And, he was very shrewd in our "cash/trade" deals. I never got the better of him on any of them.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Willow Grove

Diagram of the showroom at the George Washington Convention Center (161 dealer tables). A scan of the
dealer's list will be forthcoming for anyone interested in who was "wheeling-n-dealing" here in the 1980's.

Everyone's favorite dining place was the Boston Sea Party, which was a short walk from the Show. You selected from 3 piers of food.
The 1st pier offered some really great appetizers (including huge Alaskan King Crab claws). In the 2nd pier were a variety of seafood.
And, the 3rd pier had an amazing selection of desserts.

Just up the road (US Route 611) is a great German-American Restaurant....OTTO's. And 4 miles north was the Warrington Inn, where
you could get some really delicious Steaks, Chops, or Italian cuisine.

Hey Leon......You would have really enjoyed the Boston Sea Party.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Willow Grove Dealer Roster

Check-it-out guys......see how many you remember ?

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-12-2017, 02:14 PM
qualitycards

Ted brings back alot of memories
Old 12-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Glyn Parson

Default Miss those days

I set up, with my Dad at all of those but the Spring Garden Shows. Miss those old shows. Some of the stuff that was for sale at those shows was mind blowing. Some of the walk ins were unbelievable not to mention some of the invetory brought to the show by dealers. I was lucky enough to have gotten to set up at the last two or three Willow Grove Shows. I still remember Kevin getting a piece of the carpet. Those Old Willow Grove shows are one of the main reasons I love cards as much as i do.

Last edited by glynparson; 12-12-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:36 PM

Quite a few no longer with us, remember so many of them well.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Willow Grove Show

I started collecting Sportscards again in 1977. My first Willow Grove Show was in March 1981. I'll never forget that Show.
It felt like I was in the "big time" in this hobby.

On display here are my first two purchases at this show.

The light blue Musial in the middle

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Peter F

Default Willow Grove? Never heard of it.

I grew up with parents who collected antiques, so I was dragged to all these antique shows and auctions so I started collecting vintage baseball cards. When it came time for this show, my parents were more than happy to drive me the 2 hours or so from Brooklyn to the GW Motor Lodge.

The night before these shows I remember my mind would be swimming with dreams of baseball cards. I could barely sleep I was so excited.

We would get there when the show opened, they'd give me $20 and then take off and go to flea markets and antique shows.

I remember picking up my 34 Goudey Appling and Gehringer for $3.50 each but I left the Hank Greenberg there since it was 6 bucks. Too much. I also remember getting a Bob Gibson rookie for 50 cents (35 years later it graded a 4) and 59 Kaline for a dime. I'm thinking this was a 1977 show. Which was also the show I saw 1971 Topps High Number Ron Swoboda for the first time.

Do you remember when you saw a specific card for the very first time?

I remember many of the dealer names from TTS's and then SCD but one dealer memory I had from the actual show was that Irv Lerner had a table in the back, and I checked the chart and my 40 year old memory was correct.

Ted, Tom Reid gave me some advice at the NYC show at the Roosevelt Hotel. I showed him the 33 Maranville I bought for a dollar. and she said, "that's okay, but don't by cards with writing on them." I hadn't realized that someone wrote 'Boston Braves" on the FRONT of the card.

Great thread.

Last edited by WillowGrove; 12-13-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Tony Conte

Default Great Thread!

Fun read! Thanks for sharing all this Ted.

Brings back memories when I was a teenager. The Motor Lodge was my
first show.

Tony
Old 12-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Reminiscing...Spring Garden, Willow Grove, Ocean City, Fort Washington, Reading Shows

Thanks guys

There are many more stories to tell....but, I'm hoping more Net54er's will chime in with their personal stories.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Do some of you old-timers recognize this dude from the early 1980's Willow Grove Shows selling or trading cards with you ?

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Do some of you old-timers recognize this dude from the early 1980's Willow Grove Shows selling or trading cards with you ?

TED Z

T206 Reference
Too much hair!! And I missed you at the Philly Show earlier this month. Maybe next time although Danny M. (whom I set up with) says I should try Chantilly.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hey Leon

I thought my young-looking 1981 photo would fool you. But, your powers of recognition are right on.

I will be set up at the March Philly show in 2018. So, you can play "musical booths" between Dan McKee and me.

And, if you'd like, you can again check-in to the Hotel Zanidakis while you're in this area.

P.S........Note my "Golden Glove" award (next to my left shoulder). During the 1970's, I was the playing-Manager of our Softball team at work.
When I joined them, they were at the bottom of the division. First, I re-named the team....to the "DingBats". And, my "Billy- Ball" (Billy Martin)
managing style resulted in a 12 - 2 (1st place) Won-Lost record. This success was maintained for the 8 years that I managed the DingBats.
The Golden Glove award was for my exceptional defensive play in the Outfield, and especially for my very accurate rifle arm. My bat was so-so.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 12-18-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Hey Leon

I thought my young-looking 1981 photo would fool you. But, your powers of recognition are right on.

I will be set up at the March Philly show in 2018. So, you can play "musical booths" between Dan McKee and me.

And, if you'd like, you can again check-out the Hotel Zanidakis while you're in this area.

P.S........Note my "Golden Glove" award (next to my left shoulder). During the 1970's, I was the playing-Manager of our Softball team at work.
When I joined them, they were at the bottom of the division. First, I re-named the team....to the "DingBats". And, my "Billy- Ball" (Billy Martin)
managing style resulted in a 12 - 2 (1st place) Won-Lost record. This was (more or less) maintained for 8 years that I managed the DingBats.
The Golden Glove award was for my defensive play in the Outfield, and especially for my very accurate rifle arm.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Hey Ted
That is most gracious of you. I appreciate it. The last stay at Hotel Zanidakis was awesome. And your little private, breakfast restaurant, that was more like a small gathering place was a memorable event.
I have yet to plan out any shows next year. I might end up doing a Chantilly one next. Just not sure. I will be in touch later to let ya' know. Thanks again!!

Last edited by Leon; 12-18-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:54 PM

Default Ted

you are the man
Old 12-18-2017, 06:57 PM
Vic Stanley

Default The 1989 Willow Grove

That was a great show for my Brother John and I. John sold an Eddie Plank

T206 and I sold a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle. Bought so much stuff had to

turn people away from the table. It was a great mad house. All Cash

Last edited by vic; 12-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic View Post
That was a great show for my Brother John and I. John sold an Eddie Plank

T206 and I sold a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle. Bought so much stuff had to

turn people away from the table. It was a great mad house. All Cash

Great story, Vic

I remember those days.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 12-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Jonathan Sterling

This is postcard ad for First Philly show. That show was Baseball card overload for a 14 year old. It was maybe the 5th or 6th card show I attended with my Dad. Paul Pollard sold us a set of 1940 playballs. (First cards my Dad bought as a kid..He had a complete 41 set but only a few 40's) I remember someone had some 1941 play ball packs he sold and I picked two wrappers off the floor. Saw my first Maggie error card at the auction saw a Joe McCarthy hat sell for $8.. We got a 1905 W601 of Clevland. (Still have it). Many happy memories of Philly shows mostly if the great folks I spent time with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171222_135152.jpg (72.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg 20171222_135204.jpg (70.5 KB, 249 views)
Old 01-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Came accross these items from first and second Philly shows. Maybe one day there will be a collection focused on card collecting. Anyway again lots of happy memories about a lot of great friends and fellow collectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180105_220602.jpg (76.5 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 20180105_220554.jpg (68.7 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 20180105_220549.jpg (77.5 KB, 209 views)
Old 01-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Rich Klein

Ted always used to pose some neat trivia questions at his table. I miss those old shows. Those two days were whirlwinds and the Friday night into Saturday was rough even then on my sleep patterns.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Came accross these items from first and second Philly shows. Maybe one day there will be a collection focused on card collecting. Anyway again lots of happy memories about a lot of great friends and fellow collectors.
Out of all of my stuff in my current collection, which has swelled quite a bit since the sale of the first one, there is no doubt whatsoever that my card collecting is paled by my baseball card hobby publications/handwritten letters current collection. Here is part of it but I still have around 7 large brown boxes of stuff to go through. Almost everything is pre-1980, which is my soft cut off. Let me repeat I have 7 LARGE brown boxes that have not been gone through yet.
-

edited for later updates.

Last edited by Leon; 01-07-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Banned

wow leon that is so awesome. super COOL!
Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Tony

Id like to see a few pages of that beckett graded investor; to see how things have changed over the last 10 years. if you can
Old 01-08-2018, 07:11 AM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Read the May, 1989 Willow Grove Dealer Roster. Hall's Nostalgia is not listed. I didn't think Walter and Joel ever missed a WG show. Same for Frank and Vivian Barning.

Jeff Miller, the publications dealer, played "Post Time" on his trumpet at the opening of the shows.

Last edited by jerrys; 01-08-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default March 1991 Willow Grove Show

Jerry

In 1981, when I first did the Willow Grove Show, Hall's Nostalgia (Walter and Joel), Frank and Vivian Barning, and Jeff Miller were there.

Bob Schmierer expanded the Willow Grove Show in the mid-to-late 1980's to 4 shows a year (March, May, Sept, Dec). My recollection is
the Hall's and Jeff Miller set-up only at the Sept and March shows.

As for Frank and Vivian Barning, when they moved to California, they were no longer regulars at the Willow Grove Show.

Check-out this March 1991 roster and you'll find Hall's Nostalgia at their regular tables (114-115). Jeff Miller at his regular table (11).

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 01-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Yes now that you mention it - 2 shows became 4 shows a year. Walter and Joel went down to the Florida Spring training games and did the show on the return. Bob Thing came all the way from Maine to sell supplies. Never saw Jim Hawkins at this show - only at the Michigan shows. There are only about a dozen names on this list that are table holders in the National anymore.

Thanks very much for saving and showing these almost 30 year old rosters.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:39 PM

I remember doing well buying T206's and some E cards from Wade Carsel at these shows. Not sure if he's still in the biz.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
Yes now that you mention it - 2 shows became 4 shows a year. Walter and Joel went down to the Florida Spring training games and did the show on the return. Bob Thing came all the way from Maine to sell supplies. Never saw Jim Hawkins at this show - only at the Michigan shows. There are only about a dozen names on this list that are table holders in the National anymore.

Thanks very much for saving and showing these almost 30 year old rosters.
Here are the guys from the 1991 Willow Grove roster that still set-up at the National......

Kevin Savage
Dick DeCourcy
Wayne Varner and Bill Zimpleman
Rich Altman
Phil Spector
Levi Bleam
Terry Knouse
Joe Esposito
Greg Bussineau
Bob Thing
Ron Oser
Bill Huggins
Jerry Hersh
Ted Zanidakis

recently withdrawn......
Bill Henderson
Irv Lerner

and
John Broggi (promoter)

Jim Hawkins was an elusive guy, but you could always find him at the Ocean City Show.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 01-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Here are the guys from the 1991 Willow Grove roster that still set-up at the National......

Kevin Savage
Dick DeCourcy
Wayne Varner and Bill Zimpleman
Rich Altman
Phil Spector
Levi Bleam
Terry Knouse
Joe Esposito
Greg Bussineau
Bob Thing
Ron Oser
Bill Huggins
Jerry Hersh
Ted Zanidakis

recently withdrawn......
Bill Henderson
Irv Lerner

and
John Broggi (promoter)

Jim Hawkins was an elusive guy, but you could always find him at the Ocean City Show.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Add Frank Pemper to the list of whom was at the 2017. He was there with his son.
Barry Sanders is part of the NSCC Board and was at the 2017 National. You can add him as well.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 01-08-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
Read the May, 1989 Willow Grove Dealer Roster. Hall's Nostalgia is not listed. I didn't think Walter and Joel ever missed a WG show. Same for Frank and Vivian Barning.

Jeff Miller, the publications dealer, played "Post Time" on his trumpet at the opening of the shows.
Doing my best David Rudd imitation, There were a few shows either myself or Walt Crowell or some variation thereof set up as Baseball Hobby News without either Frank or Vivian there.

Rich