NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-27-2014, 05:07 PM
S Vincent

Default Is Dick Gordon safe to deal with?

I tried to do a search on here but couldn't find anything. I feel like I've always heard Dick Gordon has a really solid reputation, much like some of our good guys here.

Is he safe to deal with, in terms of getting legit autographs? I really like this one photo of Joe D. they are selling, even though it's probably a bit pricey, and was wondering if I could buy with confidence?

http://www.dickgordonsports.com/phot...hed-photo.html

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:23 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Dick Gordon has been around for a very long time . He has always been a straight up guy in my dealings with him.
I would have no problem buying from him.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-27-2014, 05:24 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I had several dealings with Dick Gordon , and his wife many years ago and never had a problem with them. That being said I always dealt with them at shows and arranging signings and getting items signed by the players they"represented" primarily. They would have been Yaz and Aparicio, and some Orioles players and others including at one time Marvin Miller. I would assume the DiMaggio would be good without looking at it closer because of his reputation and my experiences with him, but I would ask about the items provenance and his guarantee before buying just to be safe.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:22 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Like Mark said he has been around a long time. I know he has represented Yaz for a while now as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM
S Vincent

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Michael Frost

There are not to many people in this whole industry as honest , creditable, and reliable then Dick Gordon. He has been in the autograph industry for over 30 years. He was a sports marking agent for Ripken, Yaz, Earl Weaver, Ted Williams and many others. He also was a close friend to many players including Mickey Mantle.
Dick Gordon is A++++
Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Richard Simon

I have not seen Dick in many years but he is a really good guy and one you can trust about autograph authenticity.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Dick is a great guy and has a big Yaz collection. A solid and honest guy.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
S Vincent

Thanks to everyone.

I e-mailed and was able to get a hold of Mr. Gordon, who said he indeed got both of the signatures himself. After reading comments about him here and getting his response, I feel good about his reputation and dealing with him.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Bill H@e1ig

I hadn't seen him for awhile at the Hunt Valley Forge shows and someone had shared with me that he was having some health issues. I'm hoping that he is doing better.

When it comes to authenticity, you can't get any better than Dick.

Good Luck with your DiMagg piece!