NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-25-2014, 05:21 PM

Default Yarrow

Peter Yarrow all for sale

Old 06-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

All quotes from Wikipedia:

"Sammy Cahn (June 18, 1913 – January 15, 1993) was an American lyricist, songwriter and musician. He is best known for his romantic lyrics to films and Broadway songs, as well as stand-alone songs premiered by recording companies in the Greater Los Angeles Area. He and his collaborators had a series of hit recordings with Frank Sinatra during the singer's tenure at Capitol Records, but also enjoyed hits with Dean Martin, Doris Day and many others. He played the piano and violin. He won the Academy Award four times for his songs, including the popular song "Three Coins in the Fountain". Among his most enduring songs is Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!...Over the course of his career, he was nominated for 26 Academy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, and an Emmy Award. He also received a Grammy Award nomination, with Van Heusen, for Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Show for the film Robin and the 7 Hoods."

Speaking of Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!: "Vaughn Wilton Monroe (October 7, 1911 – May 21, 1973) was an American baritone singer, trumpeter and big band leader and actor, most popular in the 1940s and 1950s. He has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame; for recording and radio."

"Fayard Antonio Nicholas (October 20, 1914 – January 24, 2006) was an American choreographer, dancer and actor. He, along with his brother Harold, made up the Nicholas Brothers tap-dance duo who starred in the MGM musicals An All-Colored Vaudeville Show (1935), Stormy Weather (1943), The Pirate (1948), The Five Heartbeats (1991) and Hard Four (2007). Fayard along with his brother Harold also starred in the 20th Century-Fox musicals "Down Argentine Way" (1940), "Sun Valley Serenade" (1941), and "Orchestra Wives" (1942). Fayard was inducted into the National Museum of Dance C.V. Whitney Hall of Fame in 2001, along with his brother Harold Nicholas."

"A signature move was to leapfrog down a long, broad flight of stairs, while completing each step with a split. Its most famous performance formed the finale of the movie, Stormy Weather ... Fred Astaire once told the brothers that the "Jumpin' Jive" dance number in Stormy Weather was the greatest movie musical sequence he had ever seen. In that famous routine, the Nicholas Brothers leapt exuberantly across the orchestra's music stands and danced on the top of a grand piano in a call and response act with the pianist. Another signature move was to arise from a split without using the hands. Gregory Hines declared that if their biography were ever filmed, their dance numbers would have to be computer generated because no one now could emulate them. Ballet legend Mikhail Baryshnikov once called them the most amazing dancers he had ever seen in his life."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-26-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:11 PM

Default Buddy Guy

met a legend last night

Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Saw him at the Riverbend festival in Chattanooga 3 weeks ago. At 77 he can still put on a show and play a guitar.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:15 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Here is my one Rock n Roll display in our basement area. The poster is 50x38. It is surrounded by framed ticket stubs and set lists of the 6 shows my wife and I have seen. Two of which are special. The first is the shows at MSG when the HBO special was filmed the night we were there. The second was the final show of The Rising tour at Shea Stadium with special guests Bob Dylan, Gary U.S. Bonds, and Willie Nye.We were about 25 feet from the stage. I have seen Springsteen 14 times since 1980, and while the shows have shortened considerably from his early days they are still great. This autographed poster of Springsteen and the E Street Band is very special.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (67.3 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (67.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (66.6 KB, 142 views)
Old 06-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Kenny Aaronson - Was a member of Stories when "Brother Louie" went to #1. Played with Rick Derringer on 5 albums. Has played/recorded with Bob Dylan, Brian Setzer, Joan Jett and many others. This is him with John Eddie at a small club in Vienna, VA
Haven't heard that name in years.

I remember him as the "A" in HSAS.

Jantz
Old 06-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Haven't heard that name in years.

I remember him as the "A" in HSAS.

Jantz
Yes, Hagar, Schon, Aaronson and Shrieve. Michael Shrieve, the drummer, was one of the youngest performers at Woodstock (20 years and a few weeks). Check out his solo on 'Soul Sacrifice' in the Woodstock Movie.

Here is the signature of the great Bobby Womack who passed away this week, signed December, 1985 in Boston. Below him is Syreeta Wright, ex-wife of Stevie Wonder had a hit with Billy Preston 'With You I'm Born Again' died in 2004, signed in 1995 in Boston.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WOMACK-2.jpg (83.7 KB, 135 views)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 06-28-2014, 09:11 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Saw this thread popped back up again. I wanted to post on it a while back but I had not yet matted these items.

I bought the album back in the 90's from Billy Smith who was a well known autograph dealer at the shows, as well as part owner of the Asbury Park Rock & Roll Museum back in the '80's. He was a huge Springsteen collector and had some choise stuff including his fisrt 45 RPm record recorded with the Castilles in the 60's! It was autographed to Billy from Bruce!

I've had the photo even longer. I forget who the photographer was but he made a limited amount of this photo. I finally matted them together for my office wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1241.jpg (71.3 KB, 124 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 06-30-2014, 02:50 PM

Default Wow

Those are some great Bruce Springsteen additions to this thread. I went to his show last month in albany and he didnt sign before hand but he did after the show. We were in the wrong place oh well. I will add him again some day. Got this the other day. More modern but a huge part of my youth.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default Tommy Ramone passes

Tommy Ramone, the last original member of the Ramones, passed away Friday, July 11th at the age of 65. He played drums on the first 3 albums before being replaced by Marky (Mark Bell, formerly of Richard Hell & the Voidoids). He was assistant producer on the first album, producer on the next three and on 1984's 'Too Tough to Die". He is listed as the producer under his real name of Tommy Erdelyi. I never had the chance to see him with the Ramones. I did see him with his life partner of 40 years, Claudie Tienan, in their band Uncle Monk. You would have never guessed seeing this 60+ year old man in glasses and long gray hair playing bluegrass, country and american standards was the drummer for one of the most groundbreaking bands of all time. I was supposed to see him in April, 2013 in a small club in Virginia on a tour with original Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, but he had to pull out due to illness (bile cancer). He was replaced by Syl Sylvain of the New York Dolls. His chops were most evident on songs like 'Blitzkrieg Bop', 'Teenage Lobotomy' and the two surf covers 'California Sun' an 'Surfin' Bird'.
RIP Tommy -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramones 1.jpg (73.3 KB, 74 views)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 07-12-2014, 03:52 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Tommy Ramone, the last original member of the Ramones, passed away Friday, July 11th at the age of 65. He played drums on the first 3 albums before being replaced by Marky (Mark Bell, formerly of Richard Hell & the Voidoids). He was assistant producer on the first album, producer on the next three and on 1984's 'Too Tough to Die". He is listed as the producer under his real name of Tommy Erdelyi. I never had the chance to see him with the Ramones. I did see him with his life partner of 40 years, Claudie Tienan, in their band Uncle Monk. You would have never guessed seeing this 60+ year old man in glasses and long gray hair playing bluegrass, country and american standards was the drummer for one of the most groundbreaking bands of all time. I was supposed to see him in April, 2013 in a small club in Virginia on a tour with original Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, but he had to pull out due to illness (bile cancer). He was replaced by Syl Sylvain of the New York Dolls. His chops were most evident on songs like 'Blitzkrieg Bop', 'Teenage Lobotomy' and the two surf covers 'California Sun' an 'Surfin' Bird'.
RIP Tommy -
Oh the Ramones ...Some levity , I had a friend /customer named John Cummings that I used to talk on the phone to for at least twice a week over 10 years ....I heard that Johnny Ramone was a big time baseball collector so I wanted to introduce myself , I knew a NY attorney who represented a lot of acts including the Ramones. So I asked him for a possible introduction. He called me back about 15 minutes later and could not stop laughing.....I asked him "whats so funny?" and he said "does the name John Cummings ring a bell?" and I said yea John is a friend of mine .......and he laughed and said ...well you are already friends with John Ramone. Next time I talked to John on the phone I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said "Its just a little rock & roll band ...No big deal".... finally I got invited to a concert on their World tour when I was in Hawaii , they were in Japan and got snowed in ......I showed up at the venue and there were about 300 angry fans , security told me it was a good idea to leave quickly. Never got to meet him, but felt like I knew him....should have known something was up when I called him and his answering machine consisted of a guitar riff and a BEEP !

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com
Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
Oh the Ramones ...Some levity , I had a friend /customer named John Cummings that I used to talk on the phone to for at least twice a week over 10 years ....I heard that Johnny Ramone was a big time baseball collector so I wanted to introduce myself , I knew a NY attorney who represented a lot of acts including the Ramones. So I asked him for a possible introduction. He called me back about 15 minutes later and could not stop laughing.....I asked him "whats so funny?" and he said "does the name John Cummings ring a bell?" and I said yea John is a friend of mine .......and he laughed and said ...well you are already friends with John Ramone. Next time I talked to John on the phone I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said "Its just a little rock & roll band ...No big deal".... finally I got invited to a concert on their World tour when I was in Hawaii , they were in Japan and got snowed in ......I showed up at the venue and there were about 300 angry fans , security told me it was a good idea to leave quickly. Never got to meet him, but felt like I knew him....should have known something was up when I called him and his answering machine consisted of a guitar riff and a BEEP !

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com
I bumped nto him at one of the old UACC shows in New York City in the late 1980's. He was just there looking for signatures for his collection. Happy to sign for me when I asked. The main 4 that everyone knew were always good for signing autographs. They had multiple in store album signings when they passed through Boston. They also came to Boston for the premier of 'Rock 'N' Roll High School'. They stood behind the candy counter signing autographs. Still one of my all time favorite 'fan friendly' bands.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Default the baseball project

Went to see a fantastic show of a band called the The Baseball Project if you have not heard them yet really should check them out. The band features Peter Buck and Mike Mills of REM fame. Peter was not on tour this show but Mike Mills was gracious enough to sign a few of my albums.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Default Ramblin Man

Was able to add a huge name today in person. Dickey Betts was nice enough to sign these two classics after his show. Hoping to add Greg Allman to these in the coming weeks.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:43 AM

Default JimStinson

Nice snag on the Dickey Betts !!! Hugely under-rated guitar player ! And that cover photo from the Fillmore is classic , One of my all time favorite records too ...Have worn out at least a few.

Long time ago right after Duane died , the Allman's were doing a concert at the University of Florida and the opening act was ...get this B.B. KING ! When he was through I thought the ROOF was going to fall down ...remember that was the YOUNG B.B. King they kept calling him back for encore after encore . And I remember thinking the Allman's would not even take the stage.

When they finally did .....It was Dickey Betts that stole the show back.

Vintage Autographs For Sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com
Old 12-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default Ian McLagan passed away yesterday

Smalll Faces and Faces keyboard player and Rolling Stones sideman Ian McLagan passed away yesterday, December 2, at his home in Austin, Texas. A very pleasant person to meet. Here is a photo of him playing in Vienna, VA July 9, 2007 (My Mother's birthday) and his signature in my rockbook (I did not feel like photographing the albums he signed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mclagan.JPG (49.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg mclagan 2.jpg (82.5 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Michael B; 12-04-2014 at 08:02 AM.