NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Default Lessons learned

So I am stepping forward and expressing my deepest apologies to the members of Net54, the Admin and to Leon for actions I am not proud of. I will say that after being "Exiled" for a little bit, I realized that my actions were not something I was proud of and embarrassed by. I learned to put aside my ego and pride and welcome advice, opinions, etc from individuals that surpass my level of knowledge in the hobby. I have turned over a new leaf and have decided to be a more productive member of the forum and hopefully prevent those that were in the same boat I was in from making the same mistake I made...I hope all is forgiven and I can be welcomed back.

Thank you for the second chance Leon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

NEGATIVE

PERMANT BAN

I had to fight you every step of the way for your FAKE FAKE card, and further more you would not respond to emails or phone calls.

PayPal refunded and I have the fake card

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-14-2017, 04:33 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

And who's answering your phone now? It rang off the hook for weeks when You stole my money. Are you seriously having your daughter answer and say you got a new phone?

CL-ASS ACT

Old 09-14-2017, 05:38 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

You are so transparent it's pathetic. Even still, you made no attempt to contact me after you STOLE from me. Now it is a death on the family excuse? My father died during the largest card deal of my life to that point. YES I told the buyer I would just assume flush their cards down the toilet, but I made good on the deal. This is called owning up to your responsibilities as a person.

Take a good long look in the full length mirror in your bedroom amd ask yourself:

Was it worse to "out you" to your daughter, or for you to have her answer the phone and cover for you? I do feel sorry for her, having yourself as a role model.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
You are so transparent it's pathetic. Even still, you made no attempt to contact me after you STOLE from me. Now it is a death on the family excuse? My father died during the largest card deal of my life to that point. YES I told the buyer I would just assume flush their cards down the toilet, but I made good on the deal. This is called owning up to your responsibilities as a person.

Take a good long look in the full length mirror in your bedroom amd ask yourself:

Was it worse to "out you" to your daughter, or for you to have her answer the phone and cover for you? I do feel sorry for her, having yourself as a role model.

Say what you want about me, keep my daughter out of your mouth.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:51 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore

Just be glad I minded my tongue as I was ready to give YOU an earful. You can't even fight your own battles. You pit yiur daughter in harm's way. You are a pathetic excuse for a parent. Was the whole military BS a lie as well?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

You know what? Say what you want about me...bash me whatever you want! YES I screwed up! YES I left you flapping...YES I fully expect to hear an earful, whatever...there is no fight to battle here, especially with you, it's an unfair and childish thing to do, but AGAIN, you poking and prodding is fine, poke away, I'm not fragile BUT keep in mind sir, your kicking a dead horse and i own up to my error. And I will ask one last time, leave my daughter out your mouth please.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
You know what? Say what you want about me...bash me whatever you want! YES I screwed up! YES I left you flapping...YES I fully expect to hear an earful, whatever...there is no fight to battle here, especially with you, it's an unfair and childish thing to do, but AGAIN, you poking and prodding is fine, poke away, I'm not fragile BUT keep in mind sir, your kicking a dead horse and i own up to my error. And I will ask one last time, leave my daughter out your mouth please.

There is a 0 tolerance policy on this board concerning talking poorly of one's family. In this instance it is sort of understandable as she was brought into it, apparently.

That all said, no mas on any talk of any family members from here on out. I don't like it on the board AND it's against the rules. And this thread will be moved to the front page....Carry on....

Last edited by Leon; 09-15-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

If Enfuego would've refunded himself, I would then accept the apology. To leave someone hanging like you did, you're lucky Leon let you back. My two cents.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 PM
je.sse @rnot

Wait so this guy sold a fake card on this board, refused to refund the buyer, and is now allowed back on the site? What am I missing?
Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Yeah, can someone post a link so we can catch up?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243060

This must be it. Apparently all discussion took place privately.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
So I am stepping forward and expressing my deepest apologies to the members of Net54, the Admin and to Leon for actions I am not proud of.
Not very clear what he is apologizing for, and he doesn't seem to be sorry, at least not publicly, to the person he tried to cheat.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipk1068 View Post
Not very clear what he is apologizing for, and he doesn't seem to be sorry, at least not publicly, to the person he tried to cheat.

You know it's individuals like you that are beyond hilarious....i come forth and apologize (although I made no mention of a specific person) and yet people like you assume you have the green light to pass judgement...as I mentioned before, you wanna bash me? Go right ahead I am not fragile, but continuous kicking of this horse is getting tired...

Old 09-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Ben North

Quote:
You know it's individuals like you that are beyond hilarious....i come forth and apologize (although I made no mention of a specific person) and yet people like you assume you have the green light to pass judgement...as I mentioned before, you wanna bash me? Go right ahead I am not fragile, but continuous kicking of this horse is getting tired...

Why don't you tell the whole story of what happened? At least then everyone could have an informed opinion.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default But

But Larry Harris gets banished ??
Old 09-16-2017, 07:17 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243060

This must be it. Apparently all discussion took place privately.
Here is the full context:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...hlight=enfuego

Was told years ago his cards were fake. Continued to try to sell them on BST. Looks like he tried to pull some additional scamming.

Quote:
You know it's individuals like you that are beyond hilarious....i come forth and apologize (although I made no mention of a specific person) and yet people like you assume you have the green light to pass judgement

Feel pretty comfortable passing judgment on this one.

Last edited by Bliggity; 09-16-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:18 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Default Lessons learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Why don't you tell the whole story of what happened? At least then everyone could have an informed opinion.

It really doesn't matter about what you or anyone else thinks...I made a Rookie error, I was naive and it caused problems. After that problem resolved (for the other individual) I was removed from here for a bit, after a few weeks, I put my pride in my back pocket and came forth and apologized to Leon in a lengthy email. He then suggested I do the same on Net54 and I did....end of story...

Not trying to sound like an Ass, but that's just my perspective

Last edited by Enfuego; 09-16-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:22 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
It really doesn't matter about what you or anyone else thinks...I made a Rookie error, I was naive and it caused problems. After that problem resolved (for the other individual) I was removed from here for a bit, after a few weeks, I put my pride in my back pocket and came forth and apologized to Leon in a lengthy email. He then suggested I do the same on Net54 and I did....end of story...

How is it a "rookie" error when you were obviously involved with cards three years ago when you were told they were fake? Rookie status is long gone on this one, sorry.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
How is it a "rookie" error when you were obviously involved with cards three years ago when you were told they were fake? Rookie status is long gone on this one, sorry.

The "Rookie" error is I was advised and given info on it yet I did not heed the information. That is a mistake I won't make again...sorry, I was not aware of a certain timeline one is no longer a rookie. Maybe if I devoted 24/7 of my time into the hobby then yeah sure I should have known better, but that's not the case...

Old 09-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
The "Rookie" error is I was advised and given info on it yet I did not heed the information. That is a mistake I won't make again...sorry, I was not aware of a certain timeline one is no longer a rookie. Maybe if I devoted 24/7 of my time into the hobby then yeah sure I should have known better, but that's not the case...

You stated your situation above. If I were you I would just let the comments go. You apologized in the email to me and to the board. You don't owe anyone anything as far as I can tell. And if anyone doesn't like it....well, that is ok too. It is America and is great again!!
Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You stated your situation above. If I were you I would just let the comments go. You apologized in the email to me and to the board. You don't owe anyone anything as far as I can tell. And if anyone doesn't like it....well, that is ok too. It is America and is great again!!

Old 09-16-2017, 07:33 AM

The card in question for anyone interested:

Old 09-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

To Anthony's credit, I inquired on the Blome's Cobb as well just a few months ago and his story was such obvious bullshit that I just had to see how far he'd push it. Lucky for me, he had already defrauded someone else on the board with the card and couldn't pretend sell it to me. Glad to have you back, Anthony!
Old 09-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Quote:

Quick question here....since Ted was the one defrauded, was he ever actually apologized to?
Old 09-16-2017, 09:08 AM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Lesson

I am generally good with apologies but without reading through all of the previous threads....was the buyer made whole? Did he get all his money back.
I suppose that would be the true test of an apology.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

PayPal made the refund. Seller was told the card was fake. Seller then avoided all communication. If it wasn't for PayPal buyer never would've gotten a refund.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Maybe I am missing something here. But after reading through the thread, I can't believe the OP is allowed back on the board.

Eddie Sm*th
Old 09-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
Maybe I am missing something here. But after reading through the thread, I can't believe the OP is allowed back on the board.

Eddie Sm*th
I think most of us feel the same way. He basically robbed another member and has never apologized to him(as far as I know). He made a half assed apology to the forum and never even really said what exactly for. Then has an attitude about it when people are questioning him.

All I do know is it is Leon's sandbox and he gets to make the rules.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Jeff Lowe

Default Sorry seems to be the hardest word

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post
PayPal made the refund. Seller was told the card was fake. Seller then avoided all communication. If it wasn't for PayPal buyer never would've gotten a refund.
That's one benefit of using PayPal . Still a hassle though .
Old 09-16-2017, 10:18 AM

Caveat emptor and all, but it would be nice if we didn't do things that actively endangered the emptors.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Aaron Ba.ne

And yet Rob D (and others) have been banned. Crazy.

Last edited by ASpaceman; 09-16-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:55 AM
qu@n nguy3n

why are scammers always so sensitive when you call them out on it?

i'm 100% positive if pp didn't refund the money the board would've never heard from him again.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:28 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I don't like it at all. I can't believe you let this guy back on the board. I hope for the sake of the rest of this community he is at least banned from the bst permanently.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:29 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I would say he owes PayPal, Inc. $650 if the story has been spelled out properly in this thread.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Seems like to me it would be nice if he refund the money himself. That would be a nice gesture if contrition were real. Just my $.02
Old 09-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post
In that case does PayPal get their money back from the seller? If not, and the "seller" still has the money, it seems fair to me he should give it back to the defrauded buyer.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
In that case does PayPal get their money back from the seller? If not, and the "seller" still has the money, it seems fair to me he should give it back to the defrauded buyer.
Paypal gets their money back or they freeze the account but it is pretty clear that Anthony did not do right by the buyer, his apology was anemic, at best, and he was too defensive when confronted here. We must not have all the facts because it makes no sense to me either why he would be permitted to come back.

Anthony is lucky that it was not Lichtman who ended up with the card. The least of his problems would have been whether or not he was allowed back on the board.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I don't like it at all. I can't believe you let this guy back on the board. I hope for the sake of the rest of this community he is at least banned from the bst permanently.
His BST privileges are suspended.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Pete Sycks

Multiple thousand dollar card being sold for $650 and no one finds it fishy?

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 09-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
This was my thought as well. Even if you remove the overprint and then beat the hell out of that card, it still sells for 4 figures. If it's too good to be true...
Old 09-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Banned

yeah, since it wasn't a very smart scam, not a big deal.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
His BST privileges are suspended.

Well thank someone for that, at least.

BTW, enfuego, you are the lone entry in my ignore list.

Have a nice... unh, day.
...whatever I want
Old 09-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
yeah, since it wasn't a very smart scam, not a big deal.
Point clarified via pm.

Last edited by mechanicalman; 09-16-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Ed Hans

Default Re: Lessons learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
+1
Old 09-16-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post

Eddie Sm*th
+1

Rob M
Old 09-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Have you made one non-sarcastic remark since you joined the board?

You're brutal, dude.
i apologize. i really do fail to see the logic.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Scott Ti3k

This seems like another one of those hollow " I am sorry I got caught" apologies.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:51 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrompa View Post
That's one benefit of using PayPal . Still a hassle though .
Part of why I'm not a huge fan of sellers that require F&F only.

Quote:

Based on other comments in this thread, you were aware that the card(s) were fake. So I'm going to go ahead and assume you mean your "rookie error" was more in reference to getting caught as a "rookie" scammer. Nothing you have said shows any remorse for your criminal actions.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 09-17-2017, 05:45 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
So I am stepping forward and expressing my deepest apologies to the members of Net54, the Admin and to Leon for actions I am not proud of. I will say that after being "Exiled" for a little bit, I realized that my actions were not something I was proud of and embarrassed by. I learned to put aside my ego and pride and welcome advice, opinions, etc from individuals that surpass my level of knowledge in the hobby. I have turned over a new leaf and have decided to be a more productive member of the forum and hopefully prevent those that were in the same boat I was in from making the same mistake I made...I hope all is forgiven and I can be welcomed back.

Thank you for the second chance Leon!

This is a joke, it has to be. Anthony, my 9 year old offers more sincere apologies for transgressions as trivial as spilling milk.

This is Leon's board, so his rules.....but Anthony is not a respected (current) member.

An.dre.w Mil.l.er