NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default Ebay Feedback loophole

Ebay came through for me on an unwarranted negative feedback, and it revealed a feedback loophole that others here were not aware of, so thought I'd mention it.

I had a customer buy an item, then ask for a refund before I even shipped it. He said that the item was not as described. I immediately sent a refund to him with no comment back to him. I still had the item in hand, so it was no issue. He then asked via ebay what the lowest amount was that I would take on another item. Sensing impending problems, I immediately blocked him, again with no reply, and he responded by giving me a negative: "WARNING- WARNING-blocked me because his description wasn't accurate!!!"

I called ebay and they immediately removed it (or are doing so now). Because he asked me to cancel the transaction prior to receiving the item, ebay said he had no right to give negative feedback regarding the description.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Ebay came through for me on an unwarranted negative feedback, and it revealed a feedback loophole that others here were not aware of, so thought I'd mention it.

I had a customer buy an item, then ask for a refund before I even shipped it. He said that the item was not as described. I immediately sent a refund to him with no comment back to him. I still had the item in hand, so it was no issue. He then asked via ebay what the lowest amount was that I would take on another item. Sensing impending problems, I immediately blocked him, again with no reply, and he responded by giving me a negative: "WARNING- WARNING-blocked me because his description wasn't accurate!!!"

I called ebay and they immediately removed it (or are doing so now). Because he asked me to cancel the transaction prior to receiving the item, ebay said he had no right to give negative feedback regarding the description.
Don't hold your breath. I got a negative because I buyer won a Clemente rookie with a qualifer (if no qualifier, it would have been a $1,200 card, not the $400 he won it for). He claimed he didn't know it had a qualifier, even though it was listed on the card, listed in the header, listed in the auction body, etc. Ebay really doesn't care about the feedback system. I wish you luck in getting it removed, but don't be surprised if they don't. Your real customers won't care if you got a negative.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:24 PM

Very interesting. I agree with Bobby though. When I first started using eBay around 99 or 2000, it felt like people lived and died by every piece of feedback they got.

Today, there seem to be so few small sellers left that feedback is really irrelevant. What's a few hundred negative feedback every six months out of tens of thousands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Dave

Quote:

LOL. I love those guys. They exist on Ebay AND at the very few memorabilia shows I set up at.

"Your item sucks, I hate your item..........ummmm what's the lowest you would take for it?"

I even had one guy lowball me at a show on an item, I told him to take a hike, and then about 6 months later, he ended up paying me twice as much on Ebay, what I originally offered the item to him for at the show.

Then he told me again, how much my item sucked, and that it wasn't what he was expecting, what could I give him to make him happy? I told him to return it for a full refund or take a hike again......and I never heard from him again............until I saw an article in a trade publication he wrote, about the very same item I sold him, and what a great, wonderful, historic item it is, and must be.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:57 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Long ago a card show scam was for someone to claim autographs were forgeries in order to get them at a low price. That of course begs the obvious question of "If you think they are forgeries, why would you want them at any price?"
Old 05-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Dan Bretta

I had a guy who sniped one of my auctions and then within minutes sent a cancellation request. I cancelled for him because what are you going to do? Obviously he wasn't going to pay. But I did send a nasty message that said he doesn't belong on ebay if he's going to bid and then immediately request a cancellation. He left me a negative a few weeks later that said I was rude. I called ebay and they immediately removed his negative. I did ask them how it was possible for someone to leave negative for an item they didn't purchase and they said it was a loophole that they were looking at closing.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjc1983 View Post
Very interesting. I agree with Bobby though. When I first started using eBay around 99 or 2000, it felt like people lived and died by every piece of feedback they got.

Today, there seem to be so few small sellers left that feedback is really irrelevant. What's a few hundred negative feedback every six months out of tens of thousands?

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not but, IMO, no one should have "a few hundred negative feedback" regardless of what percentage of the total those represent.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I did ask them how it was possible for someone to leave negative for an item they didn't purchase and they said it was a loophole that they were looking at closing.
Ebay told me that my negative fb was also due to a loophole - if the customer asked for a cancel they are not allowed to leave feedback.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Robert Williams

Yes...yours should be removed.....mine was a case of a guy not knowing a card had a qualifier (bullshit) even though the qualifier was plastered all over the auction. No matter what happens though, don't sweat it.....
Old 05-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
No matter what happens though, don't sweat it.....
That's the key, as long as you don't care about your profit.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:

Please PM me exact ebay username so I can block him now. THANKS!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions