NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default this ever happen to you? lost/found card

Posted By: anthony

Yesterday (as i'm taking apart my bed to move into my new home) my son was cleaning the miscellaneous stuff/junk/trash etc...under my bed frame and found a T206 card in a plastic sleeve.

It is a American Beauty 350 subjects of Wilson of Pittsburg. I remember owning it at one point but thought i sold it about 2 years ago...and now it pops up. Needless to say, it will be available on the b/s/t soon.

Post any odd/strange/funny stories you may have about losing or finding a card. just thought i'd share mine.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Doug

I had found a PSA 2 T206 Ty Cobb (green portrait) in a box of stuff in my closet years after I thought I had sold it. I had apparently separated it from the rest of the T206s I had for some reason.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Don

I found a T206 Wagner in a trunk in my grandfathers attic.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I lost an SGC 50 Chicago White Sox Fatima card for two years and finally found it in the bottom of a drawer under a magazine, after I had given up all hope.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

While moving some boxes around in the hall closet I found a 1965 Topps PSA 8 Lou Brock that had been MIA for 2 years. I must have dropped it just right so it slipped inside a big box of envelopes.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian T.

Not really a lost / found, more of a stolen / recovered story. In my pre-vintage collecting days back in '95, I was transporting all of my high end (read: shiny stuff) cards from one place to another. I parked in downtown Akron to run inside a florist to pick up some "just because" flowers for my (then) girlfriend. After returning to the previously locked car, my cards (which were in a piece of carry-on lugguge) were gone. Needless to say, I was none too pleased. My collection was high end enough those that all of the dealers in the area knew my collection and what it contained. I got a phone call a couple of days later when the kids tried to sell the cards to a local dealer. I got everything back except for one Michael Jordan card. For a while there, those were some expensive flowers!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

I was once looking on ebay for nothing particular and I came across the 1959 Topps card of Nellie Fox and Luis Aparicio(Keystone combo) and decided I wanted to get it. Before I bought it I looked at the sellers other cards and saw the Bucs hill aces cards with the Pirates pitching staff on it from the same set and couldn't remember if I had that card. So when I went to go check,and I don't have many 1950's cards,maybe 100 total, I found 2 of the Fox/Aparicio cards! I didn't even remember ever thinking about buying that card before,but somehow I already bought 2 of them.

I guess it would've been funny if I bought the card THEN found them,and repeated it over and over,eventually having 100's of them and slapping my head like Homer Simpson everytime I bought a new one

Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Hey Anthony,

Great tale!! The Demmitt St. Louis I have was acquired from James Maxwell, who used to run a phone auction about 20 years ago. He found it in a car that he was about to sell. He'd had the car a while, was getting another. And was taking this car to the buyer. On the way he decided to vacuum it out and clean it up a bit. And down between the seats he found a Polar Bear T206 laying, he flipped it over and it was Demmitt. He recalled having 2 or 3 of each of Demmitt and O'Hara at one time, and he thought he'd sold them all. He told me from then on he'd thoroughly clean his cars before selling them.

I'm interested in getting the Wilson card, the story that goes with it is great!!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: anthony

frank, shoot me an email with "lost card" in subject line and i'll get back to you with a scan when i'm all moved in.

maybe you can buy don's t206 wagner, the story that goes with that one you dont ever hear...lol

Old 03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

John,

My guess is that either Aparcio or Fox must resemble Larry Corcoran. What other explanation can there be?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I have told this story before but when I was still working on my D304 backs subset I bought one from board member, RBCraik. He sent it normal shipping. About a week or two later someone walked into our office with a plain white envelope and a BIG tire track right down the middle of it. It had definitely been run over in the street. It had no address or return address. It was obviously put into another container and it fell out and into the street. I opened the envelope and took out my Fleischmann's Baking D304, unscathed. Unfriggin' believable. I still have it of course....

[linked image]