NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Show your a standup buyer & Seller

This has been talked about before but..

I know some here do this, that's where I got it from, but I would suggest to more guys here to add the names or at least some of the names (net54 ID) of guys you have bought or sold from in your signature. IMO its the best way to show a track record and its a way of asking those guys for feedback on you.

Sure some of you have prob 100 guys you had deals with you don't have to have all 100, but nothing wrong with adding 20 or so guys that can confirm your a standup buyer or seller.

Just a thought
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 01-19-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 AM
Robert

Default one of the best

jim

In my opinion he is one of the best on the Net54 boards
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others
Old 01-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Is it "Show your stand up buyers & Sellers" meaning tell us who they are or "Show you're a stand up buyer and Seller" meaning letting people know you are honest?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I have only had a couple of transactions with members, and I am happy to add their names / ID's. How do I do that?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

My record on BST is 182-2. The losers are no longer with us. They just didn't pay and I didn't ship. The 182 number is in my signature below and I'm happy to provide references on request. Don't worry if you're in the 182 group, you will not be castigated. Just shoot me a PM saying

"Have you dealt with "slobberhonus"?

and I'll say "Yup" or "Okay"

In exchange for this service, don't forget to bid on one of my Live Auctions.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
This has been talked about before but..

I know some here do this, that's where I got it from, but I would suggest to more guys here to add the names (net54 ID) of guys you have bought or sold from in your signature. IMO its the best way to show a track record and its a way of asking those guys for feedback on you.

Sure some of you have prob 100 guys you had deals with you don't have to have all 100, but nothing wrong with adding 20 or so guys that can confirm your a standup buyer or seller.

Just a thought
I done the putting members names in my signature because when I started buying on here I was new to the forum. That and I always ask if I can pay in any form but paypal.

I will not let the list get to long in my signature. After I have made more great transactions I will probably change it to "My last 20 successful transactions" with members ID's.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
I have only had a couple of transactions with members, and I am happy to add their names / ID's. How do I do that?
go to the main page of net 54, look for "Used CP" top left side right above the forum, and then click "Edit signature"

And add the people who u have had good dealings with.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Tony Quinn

Here you go:
ethicsprof (Barry), Beatles Guy (Jason), rickybulldog50 (Rick), oriolesbb6 (Kyle), mantlefan20110 (Greg), Jim65 (Jim), jchris (Jason), btcarfagno (Tom), arcadecrazy (Mike), boysblue (Ben), jerseygary (Gary), t206jim (Jim), gwaintheknight (Ted), zachclose21 (Zach), bestdj777 (Chris), thxforthe(Josh), munsonman (Riochard), joshmakes3 (Bobby), scoobysnacksforyou (Mark), lefty147 (Mike), aelefson (Alan), almostdone (Drew), afiliatx (Adam), I buy sports ephemera (Jeff), jgmp123 (James), Scott Garner, Big Ben (Ben), mravk (Eric), johnmh71 (John), roarfrom34 (Bill), mghpro (Matt), Joe Jesselli, Jeff Kennedy, kid4hof03 (Abe), Josh King, Eric Lewis, ironhorse2130 (Ben), Daves resale shop (Dave), Andy LaVigne, vintagebrett (Brett), mrbud60 (Gil), 7nohitter (Andrew), Matt McCarthy, mpemulis (Jamie), gnaz01 (Greg), thenavarro (Mike), griffins (Anthony), Ray Novak, 39 Special (Steve), dgo71 (Derek), william9 (William), parker1b2 (Jonathan), Jeff Porter, drumback (Mark), mannybb24 (Steve), Michael Peich, queen city sports cards (Hank), grayghost (Scott), djrhanover (Dave), Brian Van Horn, vintagechris (Chris), earlywynnfan (Ken), scooter729 (Scott), danski496 (Dan), ruth-gehrig (Michael), clownquestionbro (Brandon), bigjaco (Jake), baseball tourist (Chris).

How's that! Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Last edited by quinnsryche; 01-19-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
Here you go:
ethicsprof (Barry), Beatles Guy (Jason), rickybulldog50 (Rick), oriolesbb6 (Kyle), mantlefan20110 (Greg), Jim65 (Jim), jchris (Jason), btcarfagno (Tom), arcadecrazy (Mike), boysblue (Ben), jerseygary (Gary), t206jim (Jim), gwaintheknight (Ted), zachclose21 (Zach), bestdj777 (Chris), thxforthe(Josh), munsonman (Riochard), joshmakes3 (Bobby), scoobysnacksforyou (Mark), lefty147 (Mike), aelefson (Alan), almostdone (Drew), afiliatx (Adam), I buy sports ephemera (Jeff), jgmp123 (James), Scott Garner, Big Ben (Ben), mravk (Eric), johnmh71 (John), roarfrom34 (Bill), mghpro (Matt), Joe Jesselli, Jeff Kennedy, kid4hof03 (Abe), Josh King, Eric Lewis, ironhorse2130 (Ben), Daves resale shop (Dave), Andy LaVigne, vintagebrett (Brett), mrbud60 (Gil), 7nohitter (Andrew), Matt McCarthy, mpemulis (Jamie), gnaz01 (Greg), thenavarro (Mike), griffins (Anthony), Ray Novak, 39 Special (Steve), dgo71 (Derek), william9 (William), parker1b2 (Jonathan), Jeff Porter, drumback (Mark), mannybb24 (Steve), Michael Peich, queen city sports cards (Hank), grayghost (Scott), djrhanover (Dave), Brian Van Horn, vintagechris (Chris), earlywynnfan (Ken), scooter729 (Scott), danski496 (Dan), ruth-gehrig (Michael), clownquestionbro (Brandon), bigjaco (Jake), baseball tourist (Chris).

How's that! Hope I didn't miss anyone.
not bad, though I don't think that's in your signature, having it in your signature will have it on your every post so people wont have to search to a thread where you posted it.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
My record on BST is 182-2. The losers are no longer with us. They just didn't pay and I didn't ship. The 182 number is in my signature below and I'm happy to provide references on request. Don't worry if you're in the 182 group, you will not be castigated. Just shoot me a PM saying

"Have you dealt with "slobberhonus"?

and I'll say "Yup" or "Okay"

In exchange for this service, don't forget to bid on one of my Live Auctions.
Now I want to change my name to Slobberhonus!!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Alex

I don't know how I feel about putting all of the names in my signature. To be honest I don't even think I know all of the names. My view is that I have been around long enough to have some credibility.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:27 AM
$teve O.

I have done hundreds of transactions with members here and never had a problem.
Can't say enough about the members on here!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I have sold many items to my buds in the postwar side, some include
Bestdj777 (Chris) and 39special(steve) and Bpencil and several others (arcadecrazy)(Beatlesguy)(cammb/Tony)(mantlefan2010/Johnathan)(stlcardsfan/Dan) i forgot several i know or from SGC board.
Other than those..i have tons of inquiries from others as well and from the list above ^^^
in the previous post. Besides that, they been from Ebay as well (phil8ball)(begsu1013) and so on...

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 01-19-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I don't know how I feel about putting all of the names in my signature. To be honest I don't even think I know all of the names. My view is that I have been around long enough to have some credibility.
Some guys have been on here since the start, and they have NO credibility.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Jesse

ive only done a few deals on here myself but the knowledge is what is great. a lot of great people to learn stuff from. Anyway on other sites I have seen transaction sections. I like it this way you can keep track of how many deals people make. On Trading card central (no longer using) they had a nice one you could communicate through the transaction section rather than loading up your PM's. I am not saying hey they should do this I just voicing my opinion.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 AM

Good idea. I don't know that anyone would check my signature for references but it's a good way for me to keep track of sellers and buyers I trust.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard38 View Post
Good idea. I don't know that anyone would check my signature for references but it's a good way for me to keep track of sellers and buyers I trust.
hey howard, see, when I look at your sig not only do I see some guys you have done deals with but I also see, Tonyo, who I also did a deal with. IMO it just lends credibility to you, if im sending you money. It ALSO lends credibility to each guy you have listed.

And its easy enough to look up a guy and pm them to verify. Simple way to help the BTS postings I thought.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 01-19-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Some guys have been on here since the start, and they have NO credibility.
That may be the case but I have never had anyone complain about me. When a deal goes south there is usually a thread about it.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Archive

Default Attention Sellers

Steve

I agree that this is a good idea. The only issue I have is that I have basically quit buying from Ebay and buy most of my cards from our B/S/T.

Years ago when I first joined Net54, I thought it would be a good idea to write down who I had bought cards from on this board since I knew nobody here except Leon. My list of names quickly turned into 3 pages long. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I were to enter every good seller's name into my signature line, my signature line would be 3 times as long as the list Quinnsryche/Tony Q. has posted. I'm building a T206 set, when I joined Net54 I owned 2 T206s, so a quick check on the Monster Number thread and you will see how far I've progressed and the majority of those cards came from this board.

Maybe you could start a thread like the Monster Number thread and record all the names posted by Net54 board members of bad sellers. That way if a Net54 member wanted to check the list before moving forward into a transaction with another member, they could check the list to see if that member/seller is listed as a bad seller.

Honestly though, Leon does an incredible job at keeping this board safe from scammers and thieves. If a member purchases wisely then they shouldn't worry about who they are buying from on this board.

Jantz
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Steve

I agree that this is a good idea. The only issue I have is that I have basically quit buying from Ebay and buy most of my cards from our B/S/T.

Years ago when I first joined Net54, I thought it would be a good idea to write down who I had bought cards from on this board since I knew nobody here except Leon. My list of names quickly turned into 3 pages long. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I were to enter every good seller's name into my signature line, my signature line would be 3 times as long as the list Quinnsryche/Tony Q. has posted. I'm building a T206 set, when I joined Net54 I owned 2 T206s, so a quick check on the Monster Number thread and you will see how far I've progressed and the majority of those cards came from this board.

Maybe you could start a thread like the Monster Number thread and record all the names posted by Net54 board members of bad sellers. That way if a Net54 member wanted to check the list before moving forward into a transaction with another member, they could check the list to see if that member/seller is listed as a bad seller.

Honestly though, Leon does an incredible job at keeping this board safe from scammers and thieves. If a member purchases wisely then they shouldn't worry about who they are buying from on this board.

Jantz
yea I get guys cant but 100 names, but 20 would be good enough.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
go to the main page of net 54, look for "Used CP" top left side right above the forum, and then click "Edit signature"

And add the people who u have had good dealings with.
All done. Thanks King.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
+1. I have never had any issues with anyone I have purchased from or sold to on this board. There are a handful that I have purchased multiple items from--Chris (pawpaw), Scott (gray ghost), and Tony Q--that I would recommend to anyone. I have a policy which I have tried to convey to everyone but may have forgotten. If I have completed a successful transaction with you, and you ever need a reference for any deals on here, I am always happy to provide it.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:02 AM
David Riley

Haven't bought anything off Net54, nor sold on Net54. Bought a few things from Tom(tsalem) over on CU forums. Great seller, great guy, easily recommend. Haven't sold anything there either. I use COMC, 4sharp, and a couple of a Beckett sellers I've known for 20+years for most of my buys. Right now I have nothing to sell, collecting only
Old 01-19-2014, 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=EvilKing00;1229719]hey howard, see, when I look at your sig not only do I see some guys you have done deals with but I also see, Tonyo, who I also did a deal with. IMO it just lends credibility to you, if im sending you money. It ALSO lends credibility to each guy you have listed.

And its easy enough to look up a guy and pm them to verify. Simple way to help the BTS postings I thought.[/QUOTE
Good point, King. Makes it an even better idea.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Jer.em.ey

I have only had three BST transactions, all purchases, and they were all positive experiences. This is a pretty good idea. I have added them to my signature.
Successful BST purchases: npa589, RedlegsFan, Wildfireschulte, AndyG09, Vintageismygame, Ben_Yourg, pencil1974, Leon, bnorth, LuckyLarry, loubrown, cardsnstuff, brianp-beme, gooseman91, ricktmd, and bcookie.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Alex

Couldn't someone search the BST for all posts by a particular member?
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Couldn't someone search the BST for all posts by a particular member?
sure could, but may take a while - or if the guy only did 1 deal 2 years ago, could take a long while

Old 01-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Dan Bretta

I have made so many trades/sales/purchases from and to members of this forum that I've forgotten more than I can remember...I don't think it's necessary to put people's names in your sig file. If you have a question about someone you're doing a deal with then just ask.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Ken McMillan

Nothing but positive here. Bought from SMPEP Patrick, old baseball Kevin, ryrs Yeakly, Rhett Yeakley, Brian McQueen and have sold to a few collectios. Never any issues.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Show your a standup buyer & Seller

If I could only remember the ones who I traded or sold to, or even bought from.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Pete Sycks

I've had over 60 transactions on here and all have been positive. Lots of great people and a boat full of knowledge to boot.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 01-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Mike C@.v3

I think if people want to put a list of good sellers/buyers in their sig line, then so be it...it can only help, right? But I don't think it's a must. One thing it will help with, is when people read different threads on the board, they will see these names and remember them...this will help for sure...even if it only helps a few people here and there, it's a positive thing. I also think by paying attention on the board, you get a pretty good idea who are good members, but I can see people that don't frequent as often, definitely looking for referrals...as this thread could be just that.

Here is a list of people that I can remember right off hand that have been top notch. There are a ton more, but this is from my memory:

Trobba-Rob G.
Wonkaticket-John M.
lharri3600-Larry H.
sycks22-Pete S.
dougcats-Doug D.
Milkit1-Sean B.
mantleman-Andy S.
drumback-Mark P.
MVSNYC-Mike
soxinseven
T206blogcom-Jason S.
marcdelpercio-Marc
Gradedcardman-Adam G.
kamikidEFFL-Jesse P.
jp1216-Jon P.
Tonyo-Tony O.
Marslife-Cliff
4815162342-Daryl
Exhibitman-Adam W.
the 'stache-Bill G.
tbob
T205 GB-Andrew W.
Runscott-Scott F.
Blackie- Robert
Jantz
t206hound-Erick S.
digdugdig-Doug
joeadcock
quinnsryche-Tony Q.
3-2-count-Tony A.
atx840-Chris B.
itjclarke-Ian C.
KODIAK
teetwoohsix-Clayton
wazoo-Josh W.
rp12367-Ralph P.
AndyG09-Andy G.
frankbmd-Frank B.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 01-19-2014 at 04:21 PM.