NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-19-2014, 02:35 PM

Default Home Run Cigarettes Sign P/U

photo HomeRunCigsTinSign13x9Incrp_zps168bad0e.jpg
13" x 9"

http://www.sportsantiques.com/homeruncigspost.htm
I got this Home Run Cigs sign in the mail today…I think it goes well with my tins…They distress signs to make them look old…but this is the real deal…For me the fatigued look is priceless. I almost think I would rather have this one than one in good condition. I’ve seen a few different Home Run Cigarettes signs but never this one. I did a story on the most well know version, link above

photo HomeRunCigs13x9in_zps7afe4e05.jpg

I’m not going to the National so this is a nice National type of find…I could just see it laying flat in a case on a table…I just have it propped up for now to see how it will look…but plan to display it up about three inches higher.

photo HomeRunCigs_zpscc2190c6.jpg

Old 07-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Like it!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:41 AM

Looks nice in the room
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default always enjoy

seeing the Pig Skin tin - only tin I regret selling and yours looks to be in superior condition. It's quite rare and has all the elements I like in such a vessel.
I thought about bidding on the HR sign but as in most cases I'm graphics driven - I just couldn't do it. I look at so many items in so many auctions - I think it was in the auction with the rare baseball tins and the great Qypsy Queen and Kalamazoo Bats cartons or was it on the Bay? CRS is a dibilitating disease. I'll have to look at the final prices from that auction. In any event never seen another and it looks just fine where you have it. It was utilitarian and not meant to be collected but rather make a sale and might not have the same impact if it was all crispy looking......
Old 07-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Jon Canfield

Carlton - was that from Manifest? If so, they had some great pieces. I was lucky to pick up a few things.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default yup

Manifest auctions. Quite a surprising lack of interest in some rare baseball related tins and boxes they were auctioning. Qypsy Queen carton hammers at 300. with ONE bid. Shameful. Ty Cobb tin went at 16,000. and a few nice ones went unsold. Couple/three of the BB theme cigar boxes also sold low or not at all.
Summer auction? Not well advertised? State of the hobby?
Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 AM

Default Nice pickup

Carlton,

Nice pickup.

Love the umpire, catcher, and batter litho on the top left of the 3rd picture listed.

Patrick
Old 07-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Kevin O'Gara

manifest auctions how did I miss that one .can somebody post that auction
Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Jon Canfield

I believe some of the rare boxes that show no bids actually didn't meet a reserve.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
Manifest auctions. Quite a surprising lack of interest in some rare baseball related tins and boxes they were auctioning. Qypsy Queen carton hammers at 300. with ONE bid. Shameful. Ty Cobb tin went at 16,000. and a few nice ones went unsold. Couple/three of the BB theme cigar boxes also sold low or not at all.
Summer auction? Not well advertised? State of the hobby?
I didn't think the one bid on the GQ box was shameful . They posted on this board in the wrong place and it got deleted. I emailed with the auctioneer several times and he inquired about advertising.. For as little as $150 he chose not to do it. Big mistake.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:54 AM

Default Sleeper

photo goalfbcigarbox_zps666861af.jpg

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catal...page1?rows=120
Yeah it was a sleeper auction...just the kind I like!...The only way I happened to know about it was a friend emailed me to let me know about the "Goal" cigar box above...the opening bid was $400.00 but it just didn't hit me...however I never enlarged it....now that I see the detail I may have gotten involved...and had I been flush I'd have swung at some other pieces...but I just bought another broadside I had to step up for...$153.00 shipped was perfect on my Home Run sign...I'd be embarrassed to say what I had on it but it was a whole lot more than the $100.00 hammer I got it for..