NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball Stadiums

Posted By: Glen V

There has got to be a number of people on this board that have been to every stadium or are trying to...

Which are the best stadiums? What are the hot tips when visiting ___ stadium? (Best places to sit, best food, cheapest beer, etc.)

Old 07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I worked for the airlines for a while, so was able to travel to a lot of them. When they began building the new ones at such an incredible pace I gave up.

Cleveland Municipal - we sat in the left-field bleachers and it was a blast. It was such a huge stadium that it was mind-boggling. Also, Cleveland was lots of fun, surprisingly.

Chicago Old Comiskey - awesome. They retired Harold Baines' number the day we were there, and showed a film of the other famous White Sox, including Jackson - all the White Sox players who were warming up stopped and watched it - goosebumps. The place was so old and crooked that you felt it might collapse around you any minute.

Wrigley Field - First time there Dawson hit for the cycle. Great place to see a ballgame. Day games there are difficult to beat for a ballpark experience.

Fenway Park - my favorite. You have to get there early and have a sausage and pepper sandwhich outside the stadium. Ideal: ride the train to the park when the Yankees are in town!

The Astrodome - I liked it, what can I say? The burgers were great.

Arlington Stadium - huge outfield seating with guaranteed fights at every game.

Old Candlestick - nice-looking stadium, but I froze my butt off and never returned.

Dodger stadium - very pleasant. Always sat in the upper deck and ate Dodger dogs.

Shea - very enjoyable and colorful stadium.

Kansas City - not bad, not particularly memorable.

The worst of the bunch: Old Three Rivers, old Philadelphia, old Atlanta Fulton County.

I've only made it to a few of the new stadiums (Coors Field, Turner Field, Texas, new Comiskey) - I liked Texas the best, but I don't particularly care for any of them.

Some I have regretfully missed: old Milwaukee County Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Old Tiger Stadium, old Camden, new Houston.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

prior to all the new construction I had been to every park in existance since about 1975. Of the new parks, the ones I still need to see are in Seattle, Cincinnati, Detriot, Pittsburg and Atlanta.

Of the classic statdiums, Wrigley is the temple of baseball. Nothing beats sitting with bleacher bums on a sunny afternoon. Fenway is also a great park.

Of the new stadiums, PacBell in San Francisco wins hands down and is my second favorite behind Wrigley. Even up in the third deck, you feel like you ar eright on top of the action and the 'knothole' area is the neatest feature of park out there and offers you a nice view of the game.

For those of you who don't know what the 'knothole' is, it's the area behind the right field wall where you can watch the game for free. For most you games, you can watch the whole game from there. If there is a line, then rotate the people out every 3 innings. The only games they didn't do this for was when Bonds was chasing the record and once you were in, you stayed. So people were camping out to be able see the game from there.

Camdem is also very nice.

Jay

Old 07-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: W.M.

I don't have the time to travel to all the stadiums but I do collect seats and prints from long ago parks.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

For those of you who can't trek to every locale, this site covers all of the current venues as well as many of those no longer in existence.

No info on food or beer, though.

http://www.ballparks.com/index.html