NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Default Challenge to Beckett's

Posted By: runscott 

Someone at Beckett's needs to address our concerns over the BVG-slabbed Cobb with Drum back on ebay. They have been very conspicuous both in their absence from commenting on the "re-backed t206's..." thread, and in their pat answers to emails submitted by board members.

Here's a nice clean thread for them to respond to, and a link to the card in question. Let's have it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2742606579&category=31718

Old 07-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: julie

what's wrong with the damned card?Looks like a "1" to me..

Old 07-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Julie - go back and read through the thread (about 5 posts below this one) called: "Rebacked T206's on Ebay". This should give you all the background you need.

Old 07-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: julie

Old 07-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Perhaps some of you guys with pull can find out the scoop over a few drinks at the National - wish I could be there.

Old 07-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am not sure but I think their feeling is that the card is good until proven otherwise. They are aware of the issue but probably have concerns about the privacy of the auction and the seller, in general. The card is encapsulated in their holder and I believe they will stand behind it....again, probably not going to cross that bridge till they get there.....best regards ps...someone else might have thought it was good too, as it probably sold (hard to tell in a private auction)

Old 07-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Why did so many people on the board feel certain it was re-backed? Are all of those board members simply out of their minds?

Old 07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Scott,
Our minds are still intact, and so are our memories. Beckett should learn from Sgc and Psa and fix there mistakes as quickly as possible. I don't blame Beckett for being fooled, because it could happen to anyone. I doubt anyone on there grading staff has seen a large number of T206's, much less a rebacked specimen.
Hi MW,
If you have any free time at the National, drop by the Beckett booth and see if they will discuss our concerns. I'm sure the guys at Mastro, Psa, and Sgc will attest to our earlier history lesson and save Beckett from allot embarrassment.
In fact this is the perfect time to correct the mistake, before the card is sold and before they are financially responsible for the mistake.
We are trying to HELP Beckett. Not Slander them or there grading. Thanks Brian

Old 07-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Administrator

I have much more faith in the opinions of the members of this board, regarding fakes and altered cards, than I do in ANY of the grading companies.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Anybody talk to Beckett at the National?
Just curious Thanks Brian

Old 07-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Anyone?

Old 07-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

As far as I can tell, Beckett does not intend to do anything regarding this issue, until the card is submitted to them. It was also mentioned at the National that Beckett does not provide a guarantee on their grading/authentication. I think Beckett is making an error by not trying to correct what is a fairly obvious mistake on their part. Say what you want about SGC and PSA, but they have taken proactive steps to correct mistakes that they have made.

Elliot

Old 07-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Hi Elloit,
Can you please get rid of the Anonymous poster, finding recents post is getting tougher.

Thanks Brian