NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-30-2002, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Default T222 Fatima

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I recently picked up a T222 American athlete (sprinter Baker, who looks black, but can't be sure). If anyone has any information on this card, please let me know. I can scan it if anyone wants to see it. My reference books (most are somewhat dated) say the baseball portion of this set is complete at 52, and there have been 4 athletes found along with 4 photoplay stars.

Here are the questions -

Are these figures still correct?
Does anyone know who the track and photoplay stars are?
How rare are the athletes and photoplay stars?

Thanks all in advance, Keith

Old 07-30-2002, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default T222 Fatima

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Keith-

I think the total count of 60 (52 baseball, 8 others) is pretty well established. There's a volume of the World Tobacco Issues published by the Cartophilic Society of Great Britian that has the complete list - if any uncatalogued cards were to surface in the future, it would be a big surprise. I don't have the full list, but I learned from another collector that it includes these cards:

McGrath shot put 10
Meyer sprinter 10
Della Connor actress 11
Paul Panzer actor 11

The number following each name/occupation is what appears in the lower left corner of each card. After collecting this set on and off for 15 years, I think I'd put the athletes and photoplay stars in the more difficult group, i.e., all cards with number 10 and higher are at least twice (and probably 5-10x) as difficult as those with numbers between 2 and 9.

Bill

Old 07-31-2002, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Default T222 Fatima

Yes Bill, it helps alot. I will check with someone that has the WTI. Incidently this card has the #10. Guess all the track stars were 10s. Appreciated, Keith

Old 08-01-2002, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default T222 Fatima

In case anyone was interested other then me, here is the non baseball checklist for T222:

athletes:
Baker (sprinter)
McGrath (shotput)
Meyer (sprinter)
Muller (discuss)

photoplay stars:
Della Connor
Paul Panzer
Pearl Sindelar
Crane Wilbur

again Bill, thanks for you help on this, Keith