NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Can someone please explain comc?

So I have been doing my research on COMC as an outlet to sell my stuff. I do not mind the 20% as paypal and ebay are 12% and I still have to ship my own items, pay for supplies etc.

Anyways,

Say for example I send over 500 1975 topps minis in to sell. Do I really need to pay 20 cents upfront each? Also, do cards like these sell? I can't find sale history. Am I missing something?

Say I sent in over 5000 cards that net me 50 cents each. Just commons. You really have to pay 1000 dollars upfront? Has anyone been successful on here using COMC to make money?

Do these cards take forever to sell like on ebay?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Yeah, I'd like to know too.
Heard alot about them, but no real details.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Kyle May

I'm a big buyer on COMC, not so much a seller, so I can't offer TOO much on the seller's front. But...

Length of Sale...

Depends on what you are selling. Yes, they probably take quite a long time to sell. However, the site is really geared towards people with bulk that they want to get out of their house.

Fees...

Can't offer much here.

Advice...

Reach out to COMC. Their customer service is top notch.

Hopefully somebody else can speak more towards the selling aspect of it. Great site/marketplace. Highly recommended for individual cards for set collectors, team collectors, or player collectors.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 03-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Tony Quinn

COMC sells all their stock on ebay so I don't see much advantage anymore. They still have their own website but it's the same cards as listed on ebay.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
COMC sells all their stock on ebay so I don't see much advantage anymore. They still have their own website but it's the same cards as listed on ebay.
The big advantage for buying directly from COMC is shipping. You can buy several cards from several buyers over as long a period as you want. Then have them all shipped at one time for about the same shipping price as one item purchased on eBay. You can also make offers on cards on the COMC site. The only bad part is it is becoming a museum like eBay with insanely high prices.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

C.heckouts O.btain M.aximum C.ash
Old 03-28-2017, 05:59 PM
Patrick N.

Default 100

I just sent out 100 3-$20 card mostly vintage baseball off-grade, a few decent singles. Since I don't have an eBay store and am tired of doing all the scanning/shipping etc. I thought it wouldn't be a bad trial balloon. Extremely easy to send and nice clean website. Bought a few randoms at ok prices but not a lot of reasonable prices. Great concept, seems ideal for dollar cards and set builders. We'll see if anything sells and if so how long it takes.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:20 PM

I've only got experience as a buyer. Prices weren't great, but at least shipping was included. I waited until I had a $15 off $75 eBay coupon. Got immediate confirmation, quick shipping, and instant feedback, so it was pretty smooth.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 03-28-2017, 07:44 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Good talking to you on the phone. I answered a bunch of your questions, but I'll give a plug here.

COMC is great for selling vintage stars, semistars, oddball items, certified autographs, high numbered cards, and errors. But before I send any card in, I check to see what the same card is already listed for on site. No reason to pay a quarter to list a card that sells for 30 cents (or 5 cents after the submission fee). Better to just buy cards on site and reprice them. I find COMC is best for cards between $2-15. Nonsports sell well through Amazon and eBay sales. If you want to move stock, and they'd just be sitting in a bin otherwise, send in 500 or 1000 and try it out.

Go for the long run, don't just see it as a get rich quick scheme or a dumping ground for worthless cards. People that see it as a short term scheme lose their shirts.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
James Head

I agree with John's post, I signed up and sent in around 500 cards a couple months ago and have had good success with moving off-grade vintage stars and semi-stars in the $10-$20 range. In my opinion if you price those type of items reasonably you can move them. I would not recommend commons though.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head928 View Post
I agree with John's post, I signed up and sent in around 500 cards a couple months ago and have had good success with moving off-grade vintage stars and semi-stars in the $10-$20 range. In my opinion if you price those type of items reasonably you can move them. I would not recommend commons though.
What about off grade Mantles, Koufax Paige in the 100-200 range?

I can't stand ebay anymore and would rather sell these on COMC, however when I look, the sales history of these cards is small. Do people not buy these cards there?
Old 04-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
What about off grade Mantles, Koufax Paige in the 100-200 range?

I can't stand ebay anymore and would rather sell these on COMC, however when I look, the sales history of these cards is small. Do people not buy these cards there?
Part of the issue is, on those higher dollar cards, the sellers price their cards into museum pieces. For whatever reason, they over-value their cards once they hit COMC. Not sure if it's due to a lack of market competition on COMC, or what. If you priced your Mantles/Koufax/Paige at fair market prices, or even cheaper than that, I bet they would sell.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

COMC does not have a maximum shipping charge. Until they do, I won't deal with them.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

What about sales history? I see where it lets you check the prices of sold, but is there a way to see the sales volume and the date it sold?
Old 04-05-2017, 05:36 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
What about sales history? I see where it lets you check the prices of sold, but is there a way to see the sales volume and the date it sold?
To get sales volume and sales history, you need to have History points. I think every account starts with 1,000, but you can get more if you do their "video game" like Challenges. To use a history point, you click on the bar graph/histogram picture below the card. It will show you the monthly sales history, and the highest prices paid for the card on site per grade. If you mouseover the prices, they'll show which month the highest price was paid. One point of consideration: a card can be sold hundreds of times between sellers/flippers on COMC shown in the histogram, so you want to look at the number of times the card has sold down in the pricing information section. Those are the times the card was actually delivered to a buyer.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.