NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-07-2016, 04:23 PM

Default COMC and offers

Any of you find the offer interactions on COMC weird? I always counter an offer I receive. But I find that 20% of my offers get rejected. It is no big deal, but I wonder why folks don't simply raise their minimum threshold for an offer? These folks waste both our time by simply rejecting offers in their own pre-set negotiable range.

BTW: I've been enjoying the ability to trade beaters and better cards with folks via COMC.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Yup and more often on eBay . I made a offer on a card the other day
I offered what the most recent examples in the same grade sold for .
The seller responded with the same exact price he listed it for .
I asked him what the problem was is he not taking offers and he said that he just lowered the price of the card . So then take of the best offer
Old 01-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Garth Guibord

Could be they've just set their offers at a lower percentage overall but have a few cards they're unwilling to budge on.

I go out of my way to make counter offers and keep the dialogue going, but I will reject somebody if they're nickling and diming things up after I make efforts to find the middle ground.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default cards

Wha t is COMC ?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default offers

I receive a lot of offers for my ebay cards. Normally, I will accept offers that are 50-60% of my BIN price. If someone makes a lower offer, I will send a counter offer. I have NEVER had anyone accept a counter offer, even if my counter is 50% of my BIN price.

Offers on COMC are a joke. I mostly buy cards on COMC. Many of the people on COMC do not accept offers, even if their prices are 4-5 times the price of a similar card on eBay. Some will accept offers of a 10% discount, but many times that still leaves a purchase price of 3-4 times of a similar card on eBay. I collect T213-2's. I have over 80 of them, and I have averaged $32 per card, and includes 8 HOFers. On COMC, beat up commons are listed for $160 or higher and the seller doesn't accept offers. I don't understand why they are doing this.

But, there are some dealers who will bring their prices down to "market" price and there are some good deals to be had, but it take a lot of time and effort to find decent cards at decent prices.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:57 PM

Is that 50-60% offer of BIN price a pretty standard practice?

Newbie asking
Old 01-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman62 View Post
Wha t is COMC ?
Check Out My (Collection/Cards): a website to sell/buy cards... comc.com
Old 01-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Curt

My recent experience is that fewer sellers are accepting offers at all or are more likely to counter at slim discounts below asking or reject offers outright.

I am mainly a low end, junk card buyer there anyway (love to fill in spots in my Dodger autograph collection), so if the seller won't deal, I move on to the next dozen or so sellers that have that same card.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:42 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

For what it's worth, I accept 90% of my half-off offers on COMC username mjohnatgt. Feel free to send some offers. If I have more into them than half, I will counteroffer fairly.

http://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,so,i100
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default John

Thanks, John. You have some great cards listed at decent prices. Very refreshing!

Thanks!

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Garth Guibord

Offers everywhere are a mixed bag. Last night I submitted an 80% offer on eBay for a card with BIN of $1,500. I woke this morning with a counter offer at the BIN price.

Frankly, I think it's disingenuous to have OBO on an item when you're going to counter with the BIN on offers. Especially if you're going to anger potential customers who are willing to put down hundreds (if not thousands) on what you're selling...

Anyway, right after declining and noting to the seller my polite thoughts, I thought of this thread.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:56 AM
Rich Klein

Since I began lowering my prices, I now really look at offers on a case by case basis. But when I'm the lowest on the site and I get an 1/2 offer, it goes to reject pile.

Rich
Old 01-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

How long should someone wait on a offer response . I've been having issues for two weeks now . I can't seem to get a reject let alone a counter offer . Wtf I don't get it .
Old 01-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Fred

I thought the offer was cancelled after 72 hours or so if the other side didn't act on it.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Since I began lowering my prices, I now really look at offers on a case by case basis. But when I'm the lowest on the site and I get an 1/2 offer, it goes to reject pile.

Rich
+1

I may even accept the 1/2 offers on my lowest card if it has been sitting there for a while and there are several sitting on ebay without sales.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
I thought the offer was cancelled after 72 hours or so if the other side didn't act on it.
Yeah it's like 48 hr . I talking about multiable issues when making offers over a two week span . I currently have a offer in for just over 24 hr . I sent a nice message saying I would like to get this deal going . But still no response. Like if your trying to make a sale let dance .