NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default hunt auctions legitimate

people always say i only post the bad things about crooked auctions
so now ill post hunt auctions 100% legitmate as far as im concerned
each lot ends individually as it SHOULD for all auctions
i put in max bid which i dont like to do....and i won the lot exactly 20 minutes after auction ended with no more bids on that lot
for 1/2 of what i bid
only thing there is theyre website sucks so use the catalogue to find your lots and then bid with confidence u wont get screwed
Old 10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Glyn Parson

Default I would never again consign to hunt

They throw valuable items in with lesser items, dont describe well, lot things that are not alike together. Worst consigning experience of my life BY FAR. I would consign to almost any auction house before I would ever consider using Hunt Auctions. Oh and I found it funny that their friend seemed to win the lots with the non described hidden goodies in them.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Rich

I have won lots in several different Hunt Auctions and was always pleased with the description of the lots and the quality of the cards I won.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default names

If you are not well known then you need your full name in your post in this thread. Thanks....
Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Tom Boblitt

I've won stuff from Hunt online and in person in both Philly and have attended and won something in all their Louisville Slugger Museum Auctions. Have also found them to be very easy to deal with. I have never consigned with them and would be upset if things of mine were buried in the lot though.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Fred

Hunt Auctions is definitely legit and they have good auctions. I wouldn't worry about bidding in a Hunt Auction.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Hunt Auctions is definitely legit and they have good auctions. I wouldn't worry about bidding in a Hunt Auction.
ditto
Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
ditto
+1
Old 10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Al G algae
alan go.uld

+1 no runaround no b.s just an honest auction....refreshing way to go Hunt
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Considering the criminals running auctions -- which represent the great majority of them -- Hunt is a breath of fresh air.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
keith janosky

I like there auctions and bid and win every once in a while. Just wish they would get in the 21st century and update there site. Having a watchlist would just be an inprovement if nothing else. I would think the money they generate that an up to date auction site would benefit everyone including them with better pictures and easier to navigate more people would find it easy to use. Just my opinion.

Keith janosky
Old 10-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I like there auctions and bid and win every once in a while. Just wish they would get in the 21st century and update there site. Having a watchlist would just be an inprovement if nothing else. I would think the money they generate that an up to date auction site would benefit everyone including them with better pictures and easier to navigate more people would find it easy to use. Just my opinion.

Keith janosky

Yep, it's sorta like going to The Wayback Machine without having to go to the Wayback Machine.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Agreed. Their website is a joke.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
They throw valuable items in with lesser items, dont describe well, lot things that are not alike together. Worst consigning experience of my life BY FAR. I would consign to almost any auction house before I would ever consider using Hunt Auctions. Oh and I found it funny that their friend seemed to win the lots with the non described hidden goodies in them.
Friend? Who are we talking about? I am not a friend of anyone at Hunt's but I can tell you I've won lots with items that I wasn't expecting to get that were better than the items they had listed in the lot. I have no idea how or why they lot some things together, but they must have a huge consignor pool considering they have monthly 1000+ lot auctions and then 3 or 4 premium auctions per year on top of that.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post

I saw this thread yesterday when it first posted and didn't comment, but after reading this reply from glynparson I feel the need to. Not sure what the cryptic "friend" comment is about, but I wanted to comment on the overall service of the company.

While I have never consigned with them, I have bid with Hunt for several years now and have had GREAT experiences. I bid not only for myself, but also a few associates who don't have the time or ability to do online auctions.

Yes, their website is a bit behind the times, but to me their customer service is as good as it gets and more than makes up for a slightly un-userfriendly site. Kelsey (previously Daisy) is always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

As an example, when I won several lots in their August auction, one lot arrived with fewer items in it than described in the catalog. I emailed Kelsey and she replied promptly with an apology and said that they would look into it. The next day she called and said they would be sending a refund for the items I was missing. The check arrived a few days later.

My point is that they are one of the good ones and even if something goes wrong they try hard to make it right. I think they provide a great service and hope they're around our hobby for a long time.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default as per my statement above

BradH is Brad H@inje
Old 10-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
BradH is Brad H@inje
saw that coming Leon
Old 10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Brad

Default Sorry

Sorry, Leon, didn't see your post earlier.

I'm Brad Hainje. Defender of legit auction companies (and collector of a little bit of everything).
Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Glyn Parson

Default i would be happy wininning their lots too

I can tell you I know many others that have told me of similar experience with Hunt. Apparently Sunny doesn't know a lot about cards, from what I hear, and does a piss poor job of lotting. I could better handle this excuse if the terrible lotting did not occur only after sales in the previous 2 auctions exceeded the cash advance they had given me for a large collection, sales to be spread over 4 auctions. I stand by my disappointment and I too would be ecstatic if I won some off their lots. I was treated piss poor as a consignor but I too have always had A+ experience as a buyer and hell I was one of the few dealers that actually spoke well of the shows last year, but the way I feel I was screwed over IF I ever choose to sell anything again it will be with B&L, Mile High or Rea, or Brian Dwyer's company or Keith vari if I had memorabilia. Also want to add for Nodders or Harltlands, heck any vintage sports figure I reccomend Lou and John from inside the Park. Fortunately I dont see me selling anything for a long time. For the record they were extremelly nice to me through the beginning sales process, but when I voiced concerns all I heard back were crickets. I think they would handle your one or 2 item sale fantastically I just would not have them sell any collections for me is my opinion.

Last edited by glynparson; 10-15-2011 at 08:15 AM.