NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default do you remember...

Posted By: rob

...the first cards you ever got back graded. Boy do they look great! I was starting to get demoralized because the grades weren't that great (these were coupons and I have heard they grade more difficult), coupled with the fact I have been having trouble locating more T213 cards, namely the series 3 "overprints", I was getting a little down. But once I saw these cards I have renewed enthusiasm.

I am simply trying to bring you back to that first feeling of "wow, these are beautful" - I hope it stays with me forever. Anyway, just thought I would share a moment I am sure you have all experienced, I now feel like a collector, despite my shabby lot and am excited about my future endeavors.

Now pony up those "overprints", I know they are out there somewhere!

rob

Old 01-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I know the feeling - I still get it with some of the vintage stuff I submit. There are some on this board that would disagree but I like the way a lot of cards look slabbed, particularly lower condition cards when contrasted against the dark borders from SGC.

Adam

Old 01-11-2005, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Gosh I feel so virginal. I never tried to get a card graded. I may someday though. Probably not.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Old 01-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

I learned a lot from it. I submitted three cards to PSA, through a "favored" dealer. I got a "10" for a Pedro Martinez UD rookie. I also submitted two '55 George Blandas and got a "7" and an "8". Now what are the odds of that?

After that I discovered this board (the old version) and based on what I heard here, never submitted another card to PSA, switched to SGC and have used only SGC since.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

my first submission to SGC and being disappointed that my 1955 Topps All American football cards of Knute Rockne, Otto Graham, Red Grange and the Three Horsemen only came back as 84s and 88s, ditto some E97s which only came back as 60s and 50s. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I discovered everyone else's coming back with lower grades that I realized with SGC it is all relative. I guess that's why I continue sending them my caramel cards and being disappointed in the grades and then see everyone else is having the same "luck" with theirs.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

tbob -

You might have gotten better grades if you found that last horseman.... That is a great set whatever the grades.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe P.

Old 01-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

The mind is a terrible thing to waste