NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Default National Sports Equipment show thoughts....

Posted By: Alan

In the mid & late 1990's, there used to be what would be known as the "National Sports Equipment Show". It was held annually in various locations in the Baltimore/Washington areas. I think radio sports host & Senators collector Phil Wood was the coordinator or something. The show was small (maybe 20 dealers ?), but there was some great vintage memorabilia/equipment there. Could a show like this ever start up again ? Thoughts ?

Thanks.
Alan

Old 05-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Alan,

I always thought about doing something like this in Plymouth, MA, but it would have everything from cards and autographs. I would key in on Sports Equipment and Antiques. Maybe down the road from now, but I thought I could do something like that in future.

Jimmy

Old 05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scgaynor

Best show ever!

At one point I lived so close that I could have walked to it.

I don't know that it could be pulled off again at this point and have the same atmosphere and quality of material.

Scott

Old 05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I sure wish that such a show still existed. I would travel almost anywhere to attend one like this. Even at the National, there are very few Booths that feature a nice (quality) assortment of vintage Equipment and Memorabilia.

The only really good ones I remember well from recent years are Hunts, Brian Dec, and John Kanuit's Booth. Of course, the Big Guys (Mastro, Lelands, Heritage, Sotheby's) are always there, but they seem more focused on taking in consignments and/or promoting their current auction.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

One of the difficulties is that dealers would have to transport and safeguard a lot of cumbersome and expensive equipment. But I would make every effort to show up.