NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Mark

Default Wow, this sounds pretty legit to me!

Posted today on my local Craigslist. Anyone see any red flags here

Babe Ruth Baseball and Ty Cobb Card for sale

I was recently given an autographed baseball signed by Babe Ruth and some other ball players. I don't know much about it. It was given to me as part of my friends estate. I want to sell it as I need the money more than a ball.

Am looking to sell for a fair price since I got it for free. I know it has value but not sure how much. It has some kine of a certificate with 'JSSA" on it- although I have no clue what that means. I am guessing it means someone thinks it is genuine. I hope to get $700 or so for it.

I can show it to you but you must be willing to willing to meet me at public place like Starbucks. I was also given an autographed baseball card by Ty Cobb that is almost brand new and was clearly well maintained, that has a "PSA' certificate with it. I think the baseball is probably worth more. I would be happy to get about $1000 for both items, I am guessing someone around here will want these.

I dont want to put it on Ebay as I am dont have an account and am not technically savy. I am still learning how to use a computer as I just turn 70/ Please don't ask for any pictures as I dont even have a camera.

If anyone has interest in either item, leave me your NAME AND and PHONE NUMBER. I dont like emails since I dont like computers. I will only call you but please talk loud so I can hear you. It may take a day or so before I call you becuawe I only look at my computer one time aday.- Although I am a trust worth elderly person, I prefer cash but would take a personal check ONLY if you have valid ID. Thank

you. Wilbur
Old 01-25-2016, 02:02 PM
pete ullman

nope! if they say they are trustworthy...i believe them!!
Old 01-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Name is Wilbur. Sounds honest to me. He can do Craigslist, but not eBay?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

He was given a baseball card by Ty Cobb ("I was also given an autographed baseball card by Ty Cobb that is almost brand new and was clearly well maintained") holy shi... how old is Ty now 129? Was he spry looking, did he tell you about the sinking of the Titanic or the invention of that new fangled TV thing?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:28 PM

Why don't you call Wilbur and ask if he will meet you at the local police department? That is a public place and also a place that should be safe. On the plus side, if he is a scam artist he is much closer to being arrested.....

David
Old 01-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
...how old is Ty now 129? Was he spry looking...?
Even at 129, he could probably still hit above the Mendoza Line.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default I Think I Know This Guy...

.......He has a talking horse and people are skeptical of that too!!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Robert J. Miller

I am waiting to buy his pet Unicorn.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
.......He has a talking horse and people are skeptical of that too!!!!
"Wiiiiiiiiiiilburrrrrrrrrr!"

Sincerely, Mr. Ed.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 01-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
"Wiiiiiiiiiiilburrrrrrrrrr!"

Sincerely, Mr. Ed.
That was my immediate thought. Btw, that message is about like a few legit ones I have seen (most aren't of course) from some older "non computer" folks...
Old 01-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Jay Cee

Now, as I recall.... Didn't trucker boy start out like a fairytale and too good to Be true and then he turned out to be legit and have a complete set of Western Playground cards along with other PCL items?? Now, granted those deals happen once in awhile but still it's worth a shot!!! Go meet him and since yall met on Craigslist I would meet at the police station...lol. Why are you on Craigslist too????
Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 PM
David M.

You know, it sounds so stupid it almost seems real. If you meet the guy and he's 70, that would be a good sign. If his young "nephew" shows up instead, then forget it.

Last edited by GasHouseGang; 01-25-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Absolutely things can be real when they seem like a scam. Yes, the complete set of Western Playgrounds and many other super rare cards were found from an inheritance. It can happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Now, as I recall.... Didn't trucker boy start out like a fairytale and too good to Be true and then he turned out to be legit and have a complete set of Western Playground cards along with other PCL items?? Now, granted those deals happen once in awhile but still it's worth a shot!!! Go meet him and since yall met on Craigslist I would meet at the police station...lol. Why are you on Craigslist too????