NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2018, 07:17 AM
Mel Quatt.lebaum

Makes me wonder if he wasn't "rewarded" with a job for being a good boy and not naming names as he went to jail.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq711 View Post
Makes me wonder if he wasn't "rewarded" with a job for being a good boy and not naming names as he went to jail.
That's a pretty strong statement
Probably warrants a full name by your post

Last edited by Stonepony; 05-05-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:13 AM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq711 View Post
Indeed. I also suspect many of his defenders were involved in shilling their own auctions. It is tough to slam someone who was your partner in crime.

It is also possible that the auction records that went missing were chosen to protect certain people. That would be pretty good leverage to make sure someone doesn't testify against you or speak negatively of you. It would be amazing to see those missing auction records.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipk1068 View Post
Indeed. I also suspect many of his defenders were involved in shilling their own auctions. It is tough to slam someone who was your partner in crime.

It is also possible that the auction records that went missing were chosen to protect certain people. That would be pretty good leverage to make sure someone doesn't testify against you or speak negatively of you. It would be amazing to see those missing auction records.
How about starting your post with "once upon a time?"
I for one wasn't involved in anything except getting ripped off too, so the facts show (of which were recovered of course). Back then I didn't sell much at all.
Maybe those missing records would show your involvement? Who knows but to say people shilled because they have an opinion is quite speculative at best. I know I didn't shill...

ps..>Dave B., above, got ya' covered.

Last edited by Leon; 05-05-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Frank Evanov

Default Leave it alone

I’m so very happy you didn’t lose a dime, Leon. But I did, so your admonition to “leave it alone” is all the more inappropriate.

Last edited by mantlefan; 05-06-2018 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
I’m so very happy you didn’t lose a dime, Leon. But I did, so your admonition to “leave it alone” is all the more inappropriate.
Apparently you either can't read or can't comprehend the American language? Who said I didn't lose a dime? I was shilled at least 3x according to the report. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you stick your foot in your mouth again?

Last edited by Leon; 05-06-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Je.rry Spillm@n

$1200 is much more than a dime. D381, E137 and SF Seals are more expensive than one would think.

Eric - You are right - I've listened to others stating that there were errors made. But I do not imagine 100% accuracy, it is rather their stated goal.

The case of fouled up calculations of shill bids is foreign to me. Where are these facts posted?
Old 05-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Frank Evanov

Default Error

I stand corrected. You said “I wasn’t involved.....except for getting ripped off”. My bad. I only saw the first part. I apologize.
I’m having Surgery on Monday to remove my foot from my mouth. When you had that surgery, did it hurt?

Your bad: telling me to stand down when you already sought him out in Chicago and addressed your concerns with him. Sometimes silence is golden.

Last edited by mantlefan; 05-06-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: My bad
Old 05-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I seemed to have missed your name on the victim impact list Jeff posted? I guess it was in those records that got destroyed? You remind me of a chihuahua LOL .... a NY one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
I stand corrected. You said “I wasn’t involved.....except for getting ripped off”. My bad. I only saw the first part. I apologize.
I’m having Surgery on Monday to remove my foot from my mouth. When you had that surgery, did it hurt?

Your bad: telling me to stand down when you already sought him out in Chicago and addressed your concerns with him. Sometimes silence is golden.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Huge amount of misinformation in this thread about the Mastro case, the participants in the fraud, restitution, etc. The stated amount of loss was a fraction of what truly occurred due in part to very conservative calculations by the feds and the fact that Mastro destroyed so many years of records -- solely to hide their crimes.

Here's two things you all need to read:

Mastro shill bidding list: http://haulsofshame.com/blog/wp-cont...l-bid-list.pdf

Mastro, et al. indictment: https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao...pr0725_01a.pdf