NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Pup6913

Default Conundrum!!!

I got up this morning and got ready for work as normal. Was on my way to the cities when the GF calls and asked me where I was. "I am on my way in to work why?" Thinking maybe her brother whom broke his leg the day before was having issues and needed help or a favor. She asked why I was not on my way down for church and she wasn't aware I had work on Sunday. Hell me neither. So I rushed back home changed and showed up gracefully late for church. I thought yesterday was Sunday because when I set my watch on the months turn to be accurate with the day I must have set it in the PM frame making it appear to be the next day after 12 noon. So it seems I somehow lost a day somewhere and feel pretty stupid about it.

Anyone else have this happen before

This has caused an issue now because I offered cards up for auction on the BST and since my thought it was Sunday I put on there Ends tonight without a date. I F'ed this up bad and don't want to piss anyone off but no matter what I think it's gonna happen. This is out of the norm for me. I feel its a honest mistake but am in a perplexing situation. Should have just listed them on Ebay I am sorry guys for the confusion
Old 05-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Seems like an honest mistake, but when you post at 1pm on 5/19 that the auction ends tonight at 11:59 CST, that would lead me to believe that it should have ended yesterday 5/19 at 11:59. Not sure why a date is really needed when one says it ends tonight and even states CST, so that eliminates any confusion with time zones.

Just my .02

r/
Frank
Old 05-20-2012, 05:20 PM

I always think Thursday is Friday (or maybe it's just wishful thinking).

My question is this -- if you thought yesterday was Sunday, why didn't you go to church yesterday?

Greg
Old 05-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
I always think Thursday is Friday (or maybe it's just wishful thinking).

My question is this -- if you thought yesterday was Sunday, why didn't you go to church yesterday?

Greg
GF works nights from 12-8 and I have been staying up late emailing with her since I haven't been working a lot this past few weeks. I went down yesterday morning and didn't say anything about church thinking I was gonna get out of going. Not something I like to do but it's important to her so I go. I let her get some sleep and made my post. I ended up having to go anyways this morning.

I ended them as a no sale. I f'ed this crap up so bad.

Last edited by Pup6913; 05-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Andrew I think it's nice that you do something that may not be your cup of tea to make your girlfriend happy.

I also think you're being too hard on yourself -- in the overall scheme of things, this is no biggie -- sleep well tonight.

Greg
Old 05-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Daryl

Andrew it sounds like you have a great girlfriend; go with her to church as much as you can. I promise you'll never go wrong doing that. For me, knowing where I'm going when its all over makes work, family, collecting, life itself much better!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Steve Murray

Now that I've retired I have no idea what day it is. Seems like every day is a Saturday.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Dan Bretta

You guys think not knowing what day it is is bad...on Friday I was hitting a bunch of garage sales and when I left one I walked down the driveway and got in a car that did not belong to me. That was one of the strangest feelings I think I've ever had...I got out of that car so fast and looked around to see if anyone saw me...as far as I can tell no one did. The car was identical to mine...green 1997 Camry so I at least have an excuse.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Priorities

Hi Andrew,
You need to get your priorities straight:

#1. buying cards
#2 Net54
#3 Card shows
#4 ebay
#5 Selling cards
#6 trading cards
#7 reading price guides and the standard catalog
#8 girlfriend
#9 Church
#10 everything else

Hope this helps. Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
you guys think not knowing what day it is is bad...on friday i was hitting a bunch of garage sales and when i left one i walked down the driveway and got in a car that did not belong to me. That was one of the strangest feelings i think i've ever had...i got out of that car so fast and looked around to see if anyone saw me...as far as i can tell no one did. The car was identical to mine...green 1997 camry so i at least have an excuse. :d
lol!

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Richard Cline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
Now that I've retired I have no idea what day it is. Seems like every day is a Saturday.
Just a few more years for me Steve and I can join you on the everyday Saturdays!

Andrew, I got a kick out of your story. Sometimes stuff like that just happens.

RC
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Default What do you mean seems like?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post

Me too, except everyday is a Saturday. I only know its Saturday because when I turn on CNBC there's no stock market trading. And my wife will be home. But when it is Saturday then it's like a double Saturday!

But Andrew, I wouldn't sweat it too much. It's an honest mistake. I've done it before when I even knew what day it always was and it was me that made the plans that I missed. Wife and I just laughed. Hope your GF has same sense of humor.

Last edited by AgonyandIvy; 05-21-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: To keep on thread topic
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Pete Sycks

I haven't forgotten the day before, but this week we went to church Saturday night instead of Sunday morning. When all of the greeters kept saying "welcome" I said "Good morning" to the first 4-5 people that talked to me. I later realized that it's almost 6pm and felt dumb. I also tried opening the door of a car a couple days ago that I thought was my car and looked around like the guy mentioned above.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Pup6913

Good greif. I was just looking at my ebay auctions when I noticed I had the shipping set at $10 for 2 of the single graded cards. I listed them the same time frame as the Net 54 auctions. Please tell me it's a full moon out somewhere

BTW it's $3 incase any of you are bidding on the Fact 42 Piedmonts T205's