NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2018, 01:30 AM
Jim Makar

I can only imagine the frustration for everyone. I know one gentleman who spent months selling off most of his collection to raise a truck load of cash for this auction.....lets just say he isnt a happy camper. It done and life goes on....lets not forget the important things as we head into the holiday season.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:14 PM
je.sse @rnot

Waiving the shipping is nice but what was done to compensate consignors if their items went below market value due to customers who were unable to bid?
Old 10-31-2018, 01:26 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Waiving the shipping is nice but what was done to compensate consignors if their items went below market value due to customers who were unable to bid?
It seems to me that shipping money should of been given to the consignors if the buyers are the one getting the gifts of the mistakes. The could also just give some of the BP to the consignors.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-31-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:30 PM
Matt

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I wish I had one item back.

Matt
Old 10-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Brian Dwyer

Since Monday morning, we have been reaching out and having conversations with consignors, and we will continue to do so. I should have addressed this in my original message, so I apologize for the omission, but it does not mean that nothing is being done. It is our goal to address this responsibly and satisfactorily on all fronts.

Brian
Old 10-31-2018, 02:38 PM
je.sse @rnot

It may be helpful to mention, even if just in general terms, what was done to compensate consignors. Especially for someone like myself who did not consign in this auction but may consider doing so in the future depending on how this is handled.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:02 PM
Al G algae
alan go.uld

I had an in depth conversation with Brian today. I had over 150 lots consigned in this auction. I am sure Brian is handling each matter on a case by case basis. I am more than satisfied with how he handled the mess Sunday night. I will continue to do business with REA going forward. Remember that we are talking about baseball cards and there are more pressing issues in the world today. Sh*t happens.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:32 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

I only had two items in the REA auction. And neither got bids on the last day when most of the action is. I assume I would have done better if there were no computer problems.

I know Brian et.al. did all they could under the circumstances.

I feel bad for ALL parties.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:11 PM
Greg Mitchell

I consigned a really great card to REA a couple of years ago and it did not come close to what I expected (and what it probably would have gotten some places elsewhere). But there were NO internet glitches that year and just bad luck. Consignors with less than quite a few items who assume they would have necessarily done much better are probably not on target.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Glyn Parson

Default My lots

My lots nearly doubled over the final day. I saw absolutely no effect from the glitches.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Travis Wise

Default My items

I consigned four items to this auction and all greatly underperformed prior sales. I understand the risks of putting items to auction. However, when all of a consignors items fall well short of prior sales it makes one wonder how much of an issue these glitches were.

I understand REA is waiving the shipping fees, but what about the people who consigned and did not win anything? We are just out money with no solution for us. In my instance, I am a low level collector who values his items and the money given/earned for or from them.

Every dollar is important to me and I'm sure it is to some others. That is why I chose REA to handle my items. I have consigned with them in the past and my items have always done well. Most items they run tend to come very close to prior selling prices or exceed those prices. This time it seems many did not. Did it have anything to do with internet glitches? Maybe, but there's no way to know completely how it would have turned out otherwise.

I just hope they come up with a solution for consignors such as myself to go along with the solution of free shipping.

Travis

Last edited by tlwise12; 10-31-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Jamie

I would agree my items also sold for well below what I expected... one was less then half.... Seems like the free shipping is a buyer remedy ... but is there anything being offered to Consignors?
Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Sean Costello

Jaime, which were your lots?
Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Dan Bretta

I would worry about putting an item in an auction with nearly 3,000 lots. I always find it amusing when you have a large auction with 5 different 1952 Topps Mantle cards, or 3 Green T206 Cobbs, etc...I think I can remember an auction that had 3 T206 Planks in it.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:57 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

For any consignors, what do you think would be an appropriate compensation and, more importantly, how did you come up with what that compensation should be? I get that the issues may have impacted the final price on some lots, but I just don't see how you can ask to be compensated for a lot when you have no idea what the lot would have done if everything went smoothly. In every auction there are some lots that are going to do better than expected and some lots that are going to do worse than expected. That's just the nature of auctions.

As a bidder, I'm happy to receive the free shipping, but just consider it a bonus especially since I was expecting shipping to be free as it had been for the last couple auctions. I don't recall seeing any notice that they were changing the shipping structure and I missed the fact they changed the T&C to start charging shipping beginning with this auction.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 11-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Again, I suspect giving 5% of the BP back to the consigner may have worked.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
REA doesn't take paypal. And if it helps, I sent a check and am waiting, just like you.
Thanks Brian, I got my card yesterday.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Bry@n

Brian just called me and he is calling every consignor. So, if you haven't heard from him yet, sit tight, you will. We had a very good call - he is working extremely hard to make sure that REA does what it can to make everyone as happy as possible in a bad situation all around.

Last edited by Jobu; 11-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Brian just called me and he is calling every consignor. So, if you haven't heard from him yet, sit tight, you will. We had a very good call - he is working extremely hard to make sure that REA does what it can to make everyone as happy as possible in a bad situation all around.
I haven’t received a call as yet, but trust Brian will call. I had a couple of my items perform well under what they should have gone for and 1 did EXTREMELY well.....

Update: Just hung up with Brian and what more can I say, 100% class act and had a great conversation with him. Is it any wonder REA is tops in the industry? Not in my book......

Last edited by gnaz01; 11-01-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Are there any other REA consignors other than me who have not yet been called by Bryan?
Old 11-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Me but I only had one item in the auction..