NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-21-2015, 08:20 PM

Default Pick up

Not crazy about the content but love the look and feel of it. The size is 28" x 20".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (15.5 KB, 479 views)
Old 09-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Shawn England

Default 1891 Base Ball Stein Reed & Barton Thomas Mason Carpenter

Picked up this Tankard with an engraved Baseball scene with batter, catcher, pitcher, shortstop & third basemen. I love the batter with the handle bar mustache! Stamped on the bottom Reed & Barton and has the name Thomas Mason Carpenter engraved on the side.

This thing is not the easiest to photograph & get everything in one pic. Is this something that should be shined up on left alone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg (72.3 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (4).jpg (72.8 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6270.jpg (73.1 KB, 458 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6256.jpg (71.5 KB, 460 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6263.jpg (73.6 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6260.jpg (75.3 KB, 462 views)
Old 09-22-2015, 11:30 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I'd see what happens with regular silver polish. No harm in polishing, and it could really liven it up. Just apply the polish... Let it dry... And then wipe off with the softest cloth you have.

Just don't re-silver it... Keep the finish original.

Wonderful pickup!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:56 AM

Default very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerden View Post
Real excited to add the first pennant to my collection in quite a while. The game was played at Ford's Rotunda Field, locally in the Detroit area ,in front of about 6000 fans . The Mickey Cochrane led Great Lakes team fielded eight former major league ball players including Johnny Mize, ex-Tiger Barney McCoskey and Gene Woodling.
LIKE!...very cool congrats!!

Old 09-22-2015, 12:48 PM

Default Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
Picked up this Tankard with an engraved Baseball scene with batter, catcher, pitcher, shortstop & third basemen. I love the batter with the handle bar mustache! Stamped on the bottom Reed & Barton and has the name Thomas Mason Carpenter engraved on the side.

This thing is not the easiest to photograph & get everything in one pic. Is this something that should be shined up on left alone?
DYNAMITE PIECE!!!! Exceptional treatment by the engraver...a lot of detail...I like the batters striped cap...the encircling ornamentation presents the whole scene really well...having the year 1891 under the name is invaluable...best silver-plate mug I can recall ever...I'm reminded of the locked private rooms Reed and Barton afforded their designers...

http://www.sportsantiques.com/ReedBartonFBBox.htm
THE DESIGNERS
The other most defining and creative division of the production department was the designers who designed the wares. Apparently by 1874 the company became fully aware of the importance of design. On September 4th of that year, a Mr. W. C. Beattie was brought from England, and became Reed and Barton’s first full-time designer. Beattie was the Chief Designer at the time our football box was produced. By 1889 there were twenty-four men working in Reed and Barton’s design department. Between 1874 and 1890, the design department became so highly regarded, that its designers were afforded very special treatment in that every convenience they needed was provided. Even to the extent that each principle designer was provided their own locked room, where they could work uninterrupted from anything that would impede their creativity.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:06 PM

Default congats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
Not crazy about the content but love the look and feel of it. The size is 28" x 20".
http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com...baccocards.htm
WOW great poster congrats Bob...I see my bud Keith Schneider of Gasoline Alley antiques has a lot of the cards...or silks or what ever they are...If you get tired of that content you let me know!!!

Old 09-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Kevin O'Gara

Sean you beat me to the punch by about 10 seconds I don't think in the morning he had a buy it now. until later. Congrats nice for 25 bucks
Old 09-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Shawn England

Default Mug

Thanks guys,

Carlton, That Silver Plate Football Box is out of this world!
Old 09-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I'd see what happens with regular silver polish. No harm in polishing, and it could really liven it up. Just apply the polish... Let it dry... And then wipe off with the softest cloth you have.

Just don't re-silver it... Keep the finish original.

Wonderful pickup!
I love it too. I'm watching Antiques Roadshow as I type. They just appraised a circa 1854 Tiffany pitcher and said it would behefit from a good HAND polishing. They stressed not to buff it.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Brock

Yankee top prospect Aaron Judge 2015 game worn jersey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Judge3.jpg (19.5 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Judge2.jpg (15.7 KB, 257 views)
Old 09-26-2015, 03:52 AM
Mike H.

Fantastic pickup Adam! I've never seen another example and it could be the lone survivor. Congrats Pal

Quote:
Real excited to add the first pennant to my collection in quite a while. The game was played at Ford's Rotunda Field, locally in the Detroit area ,in front of about 6000 fans . The Mickey Cochrane led Great Lakes team fielded eight former major league ball players including Johnny Mize, ex-Tiger Barney McCoskey and Gene Woodling.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
BTW, Adam and Mike,
I believe that there is also a Bob Feller version of this pennant. I have a letter from Bob Feller to Ford outlining the details of an exhibition game between his Great Lakes Naval squad and the Ford nine.

Have either of you ever seen such a pennant?

If you'd like, I can dig out the letter and post it.
PLMK
Old 09-26-2015, 11:38 AM
jdunevant

Default 1926 St Louis Cardinals Team Picture

Not really a new pickup but a discovery in my own items. Obtained a 1926 World Series program a few months back and didn't realize this was tucked inside until the other day. Rough shape due to folding but still neat due to age and it's the Cardinals first world series team.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1926 St Louis Cardinals Team Picture.jpg (80.8 KB, 355 views)
Old 09-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Adam B

Thanks Mike! Scott I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pennant made for a contest in 1944 when Feller was the managing the team. I would love to see anything you may have about the game. I believe Feller pitched a no hitter in a contest between the Ford League Stars. It would be natural to highlight the famous players participation in the exhibition in order to draw more fans. Cochrane of course being a Detroit legend at the time and Feller being the most famous pitcher in baseball at the time.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:19 PM
David Linardy

Default USMC Jersey

So I'm pretty sure I shared this last month (or earlier this month). My dad is a Marine, and I figured that it would be cool to have my framer but something nice together for him... I'm sure the jersey was widely used, but I found a photo of the 1943 marine corps air station (el toronado) team wearing identical jerseys...
I'm going to give it to him tomorrow, hope he likes it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (78.1 KB, 327 views)
Old 09-26-2015, 03:31 PM
J Ryan
Banned

and of course i had to pose with one lol

picked these two game used bats from member Daves_resale_shop

They are 1979 Jerry Mumphrey and 1979/1980 Bernie Carbo both of the St.Louis Cardinals. These bats are my first game used items that I have actually purchased.

Last edited by TAVG; 09-26-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Adam B

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
So I'm pretty sure I shared this last month (or earlier this month). My dad is a Marine, and I figured that it would be cool to have my framer but something nice together for him... I'm sure the jersey was widely used, but I found a photo of the 1943 marine corps air station (el toronado) team wearing identical jerseys...
I'm going to give it to him tomorrow, hope he likes it!
Real cool David. I'm sure wounded will like it!
Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 PM

was in buffalo for the opener , and picked up a few things
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buff15.jpg (80.3 KB, 208 views)
Old 09-30-2015, 05:11 AM
Dan Paradis

Default Mantle / Williams auto's

I know, I need my head examined for paying over $100 each to get these balls authenticated and put in Beckett/JSA holders. I plan on keeping the balls and like the way these ball holders display.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-09-30_7-05-39.jpg (68.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-09-30_7-05-07.jpg (66.8 KB, 112 views)
Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Wow Dan. That Mantle ball is absolutely unreal. .

Tom C