NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM
David McDonald

Default Can you find Jeff Tesreau?

Seller claims that Jeff Tesreau is in this photograph. I'm not seeing it. He generally pops out in all the Giants team photos I've seen - he's a distinctive looking guy. None of the guys on the roster per Baseball Reference.com are household names although player in back row 2nd from left could be Carlos Smith of T206 fame. Anybody got any ideas?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...m.cgi?id=32929

Shreveport, 1910

Bain photo, 1912

T210 Old Mill, 1910
T206 Carlos Smith (scabbed scan)
Old 12-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Default Jeff Tesreau

David: I can say with confidence that Jeff Tesreau is not in this photo. Nobody looks remotely similar FWIW.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-18-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Mark

No Tesreau.

When you have a team photo offered for sale and it's claimed to include a particular individual, but the seller does not point out which player is supposed to be that person, you can be fairly certain that he is not there.

Last edited by bmarlowe1; 12-18-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Jim D

back row second from the left?? looks to me like the same guy, but im no FBI forensic expert!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Chubby guy in the back row is Leo Garvin...

This photo came from the same collection as the team cabinet on ebay some time ago. I believe there were two diff team cabs of Shreveport from different years so the seller may just have added Tesreau being in the wrong photo. The other photo had all the players ID'ed on back (including Tesreau), this one didn't have the players identified on back.
-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 12-18-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Well, this should answer your question, from the 1910 Spalding Guide, so this is the 1909 Shreveport team...

Sounds like an honest mistake, they may have just seen Tesreau on the Baseball-Reference page and made the assumption. They were one year off on the photo.
-Rhett

Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Rhett Yeakley

The minus to the photo is no Tesreau, but it does have Bob Harmon (T205 variation fame), Al Klawitter (PCL), Carlos Smith (T206 SL), Elmer Reiger (PCL fame), Rube Gardner (PCL), etc. The 1909 installment was the better team but if Tesreau is who you are looking for then no dice.
-Rhett

Cards...

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 12-18-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 PM
David McDonald

Thanks, guys, for your opinions and the detective work. I had emailed the seller a week or so ago and asked which one was Tesreau. He told me it was the guy lying down on the left. I didn't think that was correct which is why I wanted to run it by the Board. I am not questioning the seller's honesty but in light of the "impeccable reputation blah blah" boilerplate on all his listings his answer to me was bullshit.

Edited to add: Nice run of Zeenuts, Rhett.

Last edited by Kawika; 12-18-2010 at 09:25 PM.