NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-16-2011, 04:05 PM

Default ITPC's AUCTION IS OPEN FOR BIDDING!

Hi Guys!

We (Inside the Park Collectibles)just opened up our latest auction for bidding with a closing date of Friday October 7, 2011. There are over 150 lots. This is what we like to call a Blow-Out auction- with all items having a starting bid of $100 or less. As with all our auctions, there is No Buyer's Premium and No Hidden Reserves.

We've posted a few pictures below, but to view all the items, please visit our web site at: www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

Thanks!
Lou & John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BATRUTHUNDERWEAR1.jpg (15.1 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg AUTOMANTLE1.jpg (51.4 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg LARSEN1.jpg (31.0 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg NODKNICKSBANK1.jpg (29.3 KB, 289 views)
Old 09-16-2011, 06:01 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Not to be a downer here, but your auction is very short on information within the lots and there are numerous misspellings in the auction titles. Just a quick viewing showed Jimmie Foxx, Joe Carter, Rickey Henderson and Juan Marichal's names and the Seattle Pilots team name all blatantly misspelled.

To inspire confidence in potential bidders, I'd jump on correcting those instances and adding additional information (for example, which of the 1958 Yankees photos have paper loss?, what specific Willie Mays cards, besides the 1955 Bowman, are included in this lot?, etc.) where needed.

Last edited by JollyElm; 09-16-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-17-2011, 07:08 AM

Thank you very much for your critique of our auction site. I apologize for the misspellings and hopefully have corrected them all. I cannot always guarantee that we will have perfect spelling on our auction site, but I can assure you that we always run an honest auction with our collectors interest at the forefront. We have run auctions for close to 20 years and have always tried to be collector friendly. Because we type with the "hunt & peck" method- sometimes we make errors. It's not an excuse (I guess it really is), but we like to let the items speak for themselves. Sometimes we are so excited to get our auctions up and running that we forget to "proof read" the end result. We show as many pictures as we possibly can, but will always address any questions presented to us about any item. We are a small "two man" operation working out of the basements of our houses trying to do the best we can with our limited skills. I think that should you ever decide to participate in one of our auctions, you will find it a pleasurable experience.

Lou
Old 09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default good guys

I had the good fortune of meeting Lou and John at this years National. Two nicer gentlemen I have not met. Seem like really honest collectors and I am happy to have them as board members.
Now, about their spelling.....

Two words Lou- Spell checker .....I too don't always spell so well either, but we do need to be fairly accurate with our auctions. I can assure you that if I see something I want or need, spelling will be the last thing to get in my way. Good luck in the current one guys!!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:43 AM

My only comment is that it's courteous for such criticism to be privately emailed to the seller first.

Last edited by drc; 09-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:22 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
My only comment is that it's courteous for such criticism to be privately emailed to the seller first.
+1
Old 09-17-2011, 12:36 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

+ 2 (and classy response by Lou...)
Old 09-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
+3 and Lou always exhibits class
Old 09-19-2011, 04:54 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

+4 Just common courtesy