NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM

Default 2018 Shriner's Auditorium Show

Just got back from the opening day of the 2018 Shriner's Auditorium show in Wilmington, Massachusetts.

Had some nice conversations with several board members.

My only purchase was a Eddie Phelps P2 pin that I have been chasing for about a year. Picked that up from Ed Hans, who had the most diverse pre-war table at the show.

Don Huntz also had a pile of T206 Cobbs, and many Cracker Jacks.

I saw some really nice T206s, T205s, and a handful of T210s.

Noticed very few T204 Ramlys other than at Steve Verkman's table.

Overall the pre-war selection was down, and pre-war memorabilia was nonexistent.

Thanks Ed!

Patrick

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 11-02-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagecatcher View Post
Just got back from the opening day of the 2018 Shriner's Auditorium show in Wilmington, Massachusetts.

Had some nice conversations with several board members.

My only purchase was a Eddie Phelps P2 pin that I have been chasing for about a year. Picked that up from Ed Hans, who had the most diverse pre-war table at the show.

Don Huntz also had a pile of T206 Cobbs, and many Cracker Jacks.

I saw some really nice T206s, T205s, and a handful of T210s.

Noticed very few T204 Ramlys other than at Steve Verkman's table.

Overall the pre-war selection was down, and pre-war memorabilia was nonexistent.

Thanks Ed!

Patrick
Thanks Patrick. Nice seeing you today as always. It was a very good show for me today. Sold a lot of high end cards. Nice seeing Ed Hans too. He is always a pleasure to talk with. A nice crowd today and many buyers. Don
Old 11-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

I'll be there tomorrow morning! Looking forward to seeing some Net54 guys.

Best,

Steve
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:01 PM

I will also be there tomorrow at around 10 am. Say hi to the 21 year old looking for t206 cards!
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:17 PM
David Seid.eman

Default Shriner's Show

At the show today. Some amazing memorabilia on display from major auction houses, including signed Ruth balls and original sports artwork by Burris Jenkins.

Speaking of Don Hontz, he has usual selection of great early 1900s, including Cracker Jacks. And he just picked up some beautiful '59 Bazookas.

David Seideman
Old 11-02-2018, 08:05 PM
Scott S

Busy weekend for me, so I only got to hit the show for a couple of hours this afternoon. No purchases, as a couple of items I saw and inquired about had outrageous prices attached. (One memorabilia item sold at a major auction for $1,000 last year, and the seller wanted $5,000 for it.)

Despite no purchases, I always enjoy the in-person aspect of this show, seeing and chatting with friends, etc. Nicest vintage selections for any New England show, from Don and Steve S. from the board any many others.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Will be there tomorrow (today)

Greenberg collection
Old 11-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Alan Elefson

Hi-

I will be there today (and was there yesterday too). Let's try for a meeting at noon at the snack bar area. I am not shy, so I will shout out Net54 a couple of times to see if any board members are there. I am short, fat, and have an unruly moustache and goatee so I should be fairly easy to find. I will also have my hands filled with memorabilia to sell.

Yesterday, I found some cool items related to the Honus Wagner statue fund in Pittsburgh (two blank backed premium type items with drawings and a nice photo of Honus). I also got four of the 1878 Baseball trade cards for 8.00 each (I love finding 1800s baseball items for under 10.00 each!). It was good to see Don, Steve, and Toby and nice to meet Ed Hans for the first time (and I did a trade with his table partner).

I am looking forward to meeting more of you today.

Alan
Old 11-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
Hi-

I will be there today (and was there yesterday too). Let's try for a meeting at noon at the snack bar area. I am not shy, so I will shout out Net54 a couple of times to see if any board members are there. I am short, fat, and have an unruly moustache and goatee so I should be fairly easy to find. I will also have my hands filled with memorabilia to sell.

Yesterday, I found some cool items related to the Honus Wagner statue fund in Pittsburgh (two blank backed premium type items with drawings and a nice photo of Honus). I also got four of the 1878 Baseball trade cards for 8.00 each (I love finding 1800s baseball items for under 10.00 each!). It was good to see Don, Steve, and Toby and nice to meet Ed Hans for the first time (and I did a trade with his table partner).

I am looking forward to meeting more of you today.

Alan
Hey there Alan,

I hope all is well. I wasn't able to make it down to Boston this time.
Great deal on those trade cards!
Did you see any antique hockey items at the show? Any 19th century bats?

Brent
Old 11-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Erich W

Fun to hear about everyone's show experience. I am in cheerleading competition season for my daughter so can't make it. Hope the net54 crew has a great meet up. Miss you guys! Talk soon.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Jonathan S.

I went to the show today and had a great time. Got there around noon and it was very busy. I am sure the dealers can say whether people were buying or just browsing. I managed to get an eye-appealing N172 Old Judge Joe Hornung graded SGC 4 from Baggers. It was a smooth and very easy transaction. I was surprised the card was still there for sale when I went back after a couple hours of browsing and chatting. If I could figure how to put a picture of it here I would. But not doing. Oh well. I can't wait until next Novembers Shriners show.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Great show....

My friend was setup and he had a $5000 cash sale for just 1 card. It was a Randy Moss shiny new (20 years ago) card #rd to 6 or something like that! Crazy! He did extremely well overall and there is still 1 day left!

Another friend sold 4 cards to a customer (3 Shiny Lebrons and a Jordan) for $12,500!!! Needless to say, he told me he was doing very well also!

I wish I could have gone!

Peace, Mike
Old 11-04-2018, 05:21 AM
John

Default Shriner's show

Had a chance to attend yesterday, got a hug from a legendary dealer who's been around A long time Robert Thing, and got to hang out and purchase a few cards from a great couple, Dave and Meri Schrader. There were autograph guests everywhere, got to meet and a handshake from the fella who won the Heisman trophy the year i was born, Mr. Paul Hornung. If you ever get a chance try and attend the Greater Boston Sports Collectors show.

John
Old 11-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Erich W

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206HOFOnly View Post
I went to the show today and had a great time. Got there around noon and it was very busy. I am sure the dealers can say whether people were buying or just browsing. I managed to get an eye-appealing N172 Old Judge Joe Hornung graded SGC 4 from Baggers. It was a smooth and very easy transaction. I was surprised the card was still there for sale when I went back after a couple hours of browsing and chatting. If I could figure how to put a picture of it here I would. But not doing. Oh well. I can't wait until next Novembers Shriners show.

Baggers crew are the best. I swapped a handful of cards for a beautiful t206 wajo at the show probably 5-6 years ago. One of my best memories in the hobby.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Jimmy

I thought it was a decent show, tough getting all my items together to sell and waiting to get in with the rain - but was not too bad. Alan it was good seeing you! glad all the Net54 members enjoyed!

Jimmy
Old 11-05-2018, 06:32 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: 2018 Shriner's Auditorium Show

It was great to connect some faces to names-Steve S., Alan, Steve W., et al and seeing familiar faces like Don, Dave and Terry Knouse. Thanks to Patrick, Josh and everyone stopped by our table; and apologies to those I've omitted. Thanks to the promoters for a well run show. Best of all was meeting my grandson, born October 13th in Framingham.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Greg C

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolterse View Post
baggers crew are the best. I swapped a handful of cards for a beautiful t206 wajo at the show probably 5-6 years ago. One of my best memories in the hobby.

KiNG BAGGERS!