NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Morris

Posted By: Bill

Did anyone go to the show at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh this weekend? Was there much vintage stuff there? I plan on going tomorrow. Thanks, Bill

Old 05-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Morris

Posted By: John S

I go every year but I am relatively close. I will not be going this year due to some family events. Usually about ten tables with pre-war. Nothing special but much better than the average card show. Last year this couple from WV set up at the show. They had a ton of material (T206's, M101-4's, M101-5's, blankets) which was priced very nicely. I wish that I could remember their names as they were very pleasant to deal with as well. I have not received any reports about this year's show.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Morris

Posted By: Matt E.

Just got back from the Robert Morris show and viewed small amounts Pre War vintage material here and there. Tons of 50's - 60's.

I was primarily looking for T205's and bought about 20 over the course of two days. Found a nice selection from a guy named Rand and he had very fair prices.

Noticed some dealers were missing because they were either at White Plains or Houston for shows.

Of course Levi had whatever you wanted. The room was a buzz the first day when he bought a huge lot of 350+ T206's high grade that walked in the door from a find.

There were a few other dealers that had nice selections of Pre War graded material as well.

The bottom line is go to card show for the atmosphere and the fun of attending. There are not many large shows like this for us within three hours of our home. We probably said to ourselves "we can always get that on Ebay" when the price was too high.

Where else can you go for $5 and indulge in your favorite addiction. Oh, Mr. Mint was there too front and center searching out the big finds that walk in. How did Levi get that one?

Old 05-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Morris

Posted By: Cy

Both John and Matt are referring to Rand and Alice Bailey. These are two class act people. Rand is very knowledgeable and courteous in his selling. And his prices are always fair to the buyer.

Rand also sets up at most of the Chantilly, VA shows. The next Chantilly show is July 7,8,9 if anyone is interested.

Cy

Old 05-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Morris

Posted By: george gogol

I just returned to Michigan today from attending the show with my father. We had a grand time picking up 11 VGEX T206's, 4 of which were HOF'ers. The buy of the day for me was a Red Murray Horizontal T3 Turkey Red with no creases/wrinkles, slightly rounded corners and the typical pin hole for $85.00. I also quickly unloaded my pre-war doubles for cash at the show, dealers were straving for pre-war material.

I talked with a couple of dealer friends and they said that Mr. Mint did in deed have first dibs on the 300+ T206's, but his offer was lower than Levi's.

SGC was there taking submissions, which added a nice touch. There definitely wasn't a ton of vintage, but more than I ever see in Michigan. I had a great time talking tobacco cards and sharing stories with my Dad, along with fellow collectors. Ned Garver was also there promoting his book and talked baseball with anyone who passed by, a real treat to hear a retired ball player tell stories.