NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-02-2017, 06:56 AM
D@le Irv*n

Default More great news for CDN collectors!

Policy Updates
This page informs customers in advance of important changes to the PayPal service, our User Agreement, or other policies. This page displays policy updates with future effective dates. Go to “Past Policy Updates” for previous policy updates.

AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL USER AGREEMENT
Effective Date: July 7, 2017

PayPal is making some changes to its User Agreement that will be effective for all PayPal customers on May 29, 2017. We encourage you to review this Policy Update and familiarize yourself with the changes that are being made. If you do not agree to these amendments, you may terminate your relationship with us by closing your account before May 29, 2017.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
A summary of changes is provided.

Updating our set off rights
We are updating our rights in section 5.5 to allow us to debit a PayPal account when an amount owed to PayPal, our affiliates or eBay, Inc. becomes past due.
Changing our currency conversion rates
In section 8.8 Additional Fees, we are changing the currency conversion fee for “Any other transaction requiring a currency conversion of Canadian Dollars to U.S. Dollars” from 2.75% to 3.0% added to the wholesale exchange rate.
Updating our seller protection
We are updating the basic requirements for Seller Protection in section 11.3(a) by requiring that you must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner or you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.

We are also updating the eligibility requirements for Seller Protection in section 11.5. Transactions that will no longer be eligible are:
Donations.
Financial products or investments of any kind.
Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay.

Purchase Protection
We are updating the eligibility requirements for Purchase Protection in section 13.2 to require that you must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner.

We are also updating the list of items that are not eligible for Purchase Protection in section 13.3. Transactions that are no longer eligible are:
Financial products or investments of any kind.
Donations.
Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay or guest checkout transactions (i.e., payments not sent using your PayPal account).
Amendments to the Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal
A summary of changes is provided.

Data breaches
We are updating your obligation in s. 3(a) to report data breaches or incidents to PayPal immediately after discovery of the incident.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

I'm not bothered by this because I always use the US funds in my PP account to pay for my purchases.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I'm not bothered by this because I always use the US funds in my PP account to pay for my purchases.

+1

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
How do they become "US funds"?
If you're Canadian, you deposit CANADIAN funds into your PayPal, then they're converted to US funds with the increased conversion fees as mentioned....correct?
Old 06-03-2017, 06:10 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
How do they become "US funds"?
If you're Canadian, you deposit CANADIAN funds into your PayPal, then they're converted to US funds with the increased conversion fees as mentioned....correct?
Exactly how I think it happens so I am curious what samosa4 means?
Old 06-04-2017, 12:01 AM

I'm confused (not an unusual occurence)....I'm Canadian also, but I have a US $ bank account and a US$ credit card. The credit card is linked to my PayPal account and that is how I make payments on PayPal and then I pay my credit card bill from my US $ bank account. From time to time I purchase or otherwise obtain US$ and deposit it into my US$ bank account. Do you guys not do the same? or I am missing something?
Old 06-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Bob Davies

Perhaps he is also a seller. Possibly collects in USD and doesn't convert, thus buying from the same account?
Old 06-04-2017, 12:36 AM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Perhaps he is also a seller. Possibly collects in USD and doesn't convert, thus buying from the same account?
Ebay no longer allows Canadian sellers to list in US funds, I believe.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:12 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
Anything I have purchased from CDN sellers is always listed in U.S. dollars.

I have seen CDN dollars listed if I don't log in to E-Bay, but it always shows you what you're really going to pay, in U.S. dollars, right below/beside it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-Bowman-...gAAOSwn-tZK3tn

Starting bid:US $5.89
[ 0 bids ]

Place bid
Enter US $5.89 or more
Add to watch list
Add to collection
Experienced seller
Shipping: $3.00 Standard International Shipping | See details

Item location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions
Delivery:
Varies for items shipped from an international location

EDIT: I just found/noticed this one and seen it was listed in CDN dollars, but if you notice, right below it, it shows what it will really cost you in U.S. funds. .35cents on the dollar!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPPS-1978-D...MAAOSwTuJYxBvq

Last edited by irv; 06-04-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro9 View Post
I'm confused (not an unusual occurence)....I'm Canadian also, but I have a US $ bank account and a US$ credit card. The credit card is linked to my PayPal account and that is how I make payments on PayPal and then I pay my credit card bill from my US $ bank account. From time to time I purchase or otherwise obtain US$ and deposit it into my US$ bank account. Do you guys not do the same? or I am missing something?
You answered the question yourself... You're Canadian with an American bank account.
The majority of Canadians do not have American bank accounts, hence, they have to deposit Canadian funds into their PayPal account, with again, the mentioned conversion fees applying.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Jeff C.

I have 1 account with 2 mailing addresses (Toronto & Dallas) and having a US based mailing address allows me to list in USD.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post

trdcrdkid; michael peich; baseball*collectibles; hardspun8; iowadoc77; deafsports; rdixon1208; r0ck8ott0m; comiskey; lukelyon; t206collector; jcc; mybuddyinc; lharri3600; majordandy; brass_rat; obcbobd; cozumeleno; milkit1; joem36; jlehma13; thromdog; sean1125; zachs; jasonc; jollyroger; dougscats; vintageismygame; jmanos; t206blogcom; bn2cardz; btcarfagno; ionlysmoke4thecards; gradedcardman; mantleman + I think I’m forgetting a few people.