NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default California card show Oct. 5th.

http://www.socalsportscollectors.com/#/
Old 09-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Has anyone been to the show before? Any smaller dealers with vintage or mostly larger guys?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Ruben

surprisingly there was a good selection of pre war and 50's stuff for sale. Nice show. Looking forward to it
Old 09-01-2013, 09:14 PM
qu@n nguy3n

who are the autograph guests?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Matt

Was a great show last time. Spent a memorable hour or so talking nuances of 1975 mini commons with two enthusiastic collectors about 11-12 years old. Met some very affable fellow collectors, had some great chats, absorbed knowledge about unfamiliar issues-- just good vibes all around.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:36 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
Anthony & Adam
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

No signers, no contests, no jackhole on a P.A. system annoying everyone with continual announcements about stuff no one wants to hear, just lots of cards and memorabilia and a great facility with a big sitting area for relaxing between deals. The first show had a nice diverse dealer base and good traffic all day long and we are hoping for even better this time out. We've got a bunch of vintage baseball dealers confirmed, and it looks like we have boxing [of course], nonsports, basketball and football guys setting up as well. Tables are only $95 and with it being a one-day show it is manageable for a weekend warrior. Please feel free to PM me if you need more info.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-02-2013, 04:22 PM

Default And ...

Admission is also free (which is pretty unbelievable), so if you're close ... you have no excuse NOT to go!

Seriously, I'll echo those above ... great show, great vibe, no autograph distraction nonsense, and almost exclusively vintage.

At the very least ... it's worth every penny you pay to go!

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Mark Macrae

Fun show, a few smaller dealers (under 125 pounds) with vintage, and a few larger dealers (approaching 300 #) as well....... Patrick, are you setting up in the same spot?... Loved those special '52 Highs....... Is there a chance that Gilbert Gottfried will be announcing the door prizes?....
Old 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
Mark Macrae is a legend amongst dealers
Old 09-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Al

I set up at this show in May, and highly recommend it. Excellent show put on by great people, with some fantastic dealers.

I won't be at the one in October, but I plan to do the one next Spring...

-Al
Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 PM

Marc, as ar as I know, I'll be in the same place ... so look forward to seeing you there.

And believe it or not ... there will be some new additions to my "special" 1952 high numbers!

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 09-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Just wanted to let any potential weekend warriors know that: (1) open table signup started today, so all remaining tables are first-come, first-served, and (2) we have arranged for rental showcases at $20 each or 4 for $70 [same table only], again with first-come, first-served availability. Please get your paperwork and table fees in ASAP or you might end up at the crappy tables over by me.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I cannot wait...great show with a great location and dealers...I plan to make a day of it...

Joshua
Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
I cannot wait...great show with a great location and dealers...I plan to make a day of it...

Joshua
you always find cool stuff at the show. I usually like to see what goodies you get by the end of the day. Normally some tough cards and rarities pulled out of dollar bins.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Mark Macrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Mark Macrae is a legend amongst dealers
Rich...while some might refer to me a legend (not) , just be clear that I'm not Legendary...thats an auction house 2000 miles east of here....... I know that you would enjoy this style of show.....even Teddy Z is traveling 3000 miles to attend.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
you always find cool stuff at the show. I usually like to see what goodies you get by the end of the day. Normally some tough cards and rarities pulled out of dollar bins.
Jason,
I can only hope since money is kinda tight at the moment. I cannot wait...had such a fun show last time just talking and sitting with some of the dealers, trading (yes, trading!), and chatting with you and Mark (not to mention buying some cards!). Certainly looking forward to October.

Joshua
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Rich...while some might refer to me a legend (not) , just be clear that I'm not Legendary...thats an auction house 2000 miles east of here....... I know that you would enjoy this style of show.....even Teddy Z is traveling 3000 miles to attend.
One of my fellow columnists at Sports Collectors Daily is actually flying out to the show as he has never been to the West Coast. Someday I hope to come out to that show as well. We have no really good big shows in DFW and although the small show I set up has been fun this year -- there is nothing like a good old-school show.

OK, tell everyone to get Ted Z's autograph as he is truly a legend then